VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police have already said they believe Codi didn’t wander off, and that evidence doesn’t match up with the dad’s timeline, whatever that means.
I posted that before the police gave that information. I will always try to give the benefit of the doubt when there is not enough information to falsely accuse a parent during the worst time of their lives. I would rather be wrong every time then start off by pointing fingers before having enough information to go off of. Bottom line, we are all here for the safety of Codi, with that being said now there is more information to go off of and It breaks my heart that this is where we're at. ALL IMO

“The information from Bigsby is not reliable, according to Talbot. Investigators have found evidence that has led them to question the credibility of information they’ve received from Codi’s parents and other adults who may have helped to care for him, so they’re asking the public for information to determine when he was last seen.”

Evidence on missing 4-year-old Codi Bigsby conflicts with previous info, Hampton police say

Second paragraph after picture of little Codi.

BBM
It sounds like there may have been a GF or someone else in the house that watched the kids. It sounds like Dad and this other person's stories aren't adding up. Perhaps an older sibling.

@HamptonVAPolice are standing guard at the apartment where 4-year-old Codi Bigsby lived with his father. They’re canvassing the neighborhood, going door to door asking if anyone saw or heard anything. ⁦

@WTKR3

FKjF0T8XsAM3f1c

FKjF076XwA0Q3F7

https://twitter.com/AnnieDelBel/status/1488657197345251333

“The information from Bigsby is not reliable, according to Talbot. Investigators have found evidence that has led them to question the credibility of information they’ve received from Codi’s parents and other adults who may have helped to care for him, so they’re asking the public for information to determine when he was last seen.”

Evidence on missing 4-year-old Codi Bigsby conflicts with previous info, Hampton police say

Second paragraph after picture of little Codi.
I understand where it is in the article, it's just not a direct quote from the presser. The quotation mark should end at not reliable, not after last seen.

Chief Talbot didn't mention anything about a car, no requests for seeing a car in that time frame, no mention of CCTV road cameras etc.
The fact that he was so intent on the neighborhood, or close by, makes me think that whatever happened, Codi was taken away by foot.
Either the dad has no car, or it's certain no car was involved (in the shop, broken down, parked in the same spot during timeframe etc)

I fear that he was put in a dumpster, well before dumpsters were emptied. The search at that steam facility I think may be more than "routine" or however they put it.

The information from Bigsby is not reliable, according to Talbot. Investigators have found evidence that has led them to question the credibility of information they’ve received from Codi’s parents and other adults who may have helped to care for him, so they’re asking the public for information to determine when he was last seen.

BBM. Who else was caring for Codi besides dad?
I’m glad you asked this because I keep thinking a girlfriend or ???

On January 31, 2022, at approximately 9:06 a.m., officers were called and responded to the 100 block of Ranalet Drive in reference to a missing juvenile. Once on scene officers met with the father of the juvenile and were informed that Cody Bigsby was last seen in the residence overnight at approximately 2:00 a.m.

Cody is a four-year-old black male, standing approximately 3 feet tall. He was last seen wearing all black clothing and Spider-Man flip-flops.

Missing Endangered Juvenile: 100 Block of Ranalet Drive
Little man has such sad eyes. Not even the slightest twinkle of happiness in them.

DA's are refusing to prosecute cases left and right these days. Victims get threatened with being charged for fighting back or family dynamics run in favor of dropping charges. I also believe that most assaults against children are not reported unless the child's physical injuries are obvious to the public or they die. People just make excuses or blame the child. Just MOO
Still it would have to have been expunged through some extra legal action. We had an employee in an adjacent entity who attacked a family member with a blunt instrument. There was an arrest and we followed the case through the VA's official online system. It went through several court hearings and the person wasn't convicted, but it stayed on the record. It seems strange to me that this particular case might have been expunged. And if he did do this how did he get custody and the mother didn't. WAVY TV-10 or WTKR has also reported on it. But still, it would seem something else might not have been revealed if he got custody and the mother did not. I want to hear more before I jump on that bus just yet.

So Cody either walked out of his home or was abducted at 2 am? Sounds fishy IMO.

https://twitter.com/bretthnews?s=21
Large police presence in the parking lot just north of the @cityofhampton’s Buckroe Soccer Complex. @FBINorfolk , @HamptonVAPolice & @HamptonVAFire all on scene searching around the Buckroe Pointe apartments for Bigsby. Family is cooperating per police. @WAVY_News
Why would he be wearing flip flops at 2 AM?

As the search continues for #CodiBigsby, many are reminded of the death of Noah Tomlin 2 years ago. A memorial for Noah sits across from the Steam Plant where the 2-year-old was found in 2019. Tonight, police are back there looking for Codi. Eerie doesn’t begin to describe it.
3BB3C6E9-328E-4B3C-BF62-D424C41E1DCB.jpeg D7EE4146-971A-4D78-AAC3-0EB137D4E601.jpeg
https://twitter.com/jondowding/status/1488682690329169926?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member