VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aliayah Lunsford had that same look. I'll never forget that.

These children deserve so much more than they receive. I'll never understand it.

That is exactly what I have been thinking since I first saw his picture. Aliayah Lunsford immediately came to mind. They both have the most heartbreaking look of sadness and hopelessness.

Here is an updated photo of Codi.

https://twitter.com/HamptonVAPolice/status/1488249700985806855?s=20&t=kq5NQHVyqb3hpi3Pj2BoeQ
FKdTNrzWUAEzRYD
Codi looks sad and scared. Moo.

I’m just now seeing this case, so I’m behind by about 20 pages.

As per the presser, noting dad has not left the police station since he reported Codi missing, is just all kinds of weird! When they say he is answering all their questions, what does that mean??? I’m pretty sure one of those questions would have been “where is Codi”. When they say answering all questions I guess those answers don’t need to be true!!! I couldn’t imagine how frustrating it would be to have him there and thinking (IMO knowing) he knows where this baby is! Moo

I'm wondering if any of my kids would have wondered outside in the dark of the early morning. I do know a child that did and still does so they have to deadbolt the doors . 9am is also kinda late to be calling LE after waking up in the am and finding your kid missing imo. Then again maybe there are older siblings around to help in the mornings and that's normal in that household. Some kids wake up really early and play for a bit before waking their parents /caregivers. Still how far can a little one get if they wonder off before they get scared cold and hungry with no one in the house noticing ? Im Aussie so have no idea what time it gets light in winter in their state. Imo LE are being pretty open with their statements ,more then some LE agencies I have seen in the past, with that statement about not thinking he wondered off or was abducted at least. I am glued to IckEdMe on YouTube for all my info at this stage.

Last edited:
Edit to my post the youtube channel is IckEdMel
I'm wondering if any of my kids would have wondered outside in the dark of the early morning. I do know a child that did and still does so they have to deadbolt the doors . 9am is also kinda late to be calling LE after waking up in the am and finding your kid missing imo. Then again maybe there are older siblings around to help in the mornings and that's normal in that household. Some kids wake up really early and play for a bit before waking their parents /caregivers. Still how far can a little one get if they wonder off before they get scared cold and hungry with no one in the house noticing ? Im Aussie so have no idea what time it gets light in winter in their state. Imo LE are being pretty open with their statements ,more then some LE agencies I have seen in the past, with that statement about not thinking he wondered off or was abducted at least. I am glued to IckEdMe on YouTube for all my info at this stage.

Penny Kmitt on Twitter
DAY 4 IN THE SEARCH FOR CODI BIGSBY An emergency communications unit just arrived from #Suffolk. They’re here to help volunteers & police contact one another as they search. They can also communicate with other county law enforcement. MORE ON @WTKR3
Community comes together to search for missing 4-year-old in Hampton

7:13 AM · Feb 3, 2022 from Hampton, VA·Twitter for iPhone

Kaicey Baylor on Twitter
MORE HANDS ON DECK: An emergency communications team from Suffolk is setting up at the command center this morning. A team member tells me Hampton authorities reached out asking for additional help. The team will help make it easier to communicate in the field. @13NewsNow

[URL='https://twitter.com/kaiceybaylor/status/1489215282388295681']7:32 AM · Feb 3, 2022
·Twitter for iPhone[/URL]

Last edited:

It snowed 4 plus inches, plus a coating of ice, late Sat into Sunday. This is extremely unusual for this coastal community. The temperatures were extemely low in single digits and a wind that would slice you into. Terrible conditions, walkways, porches were a solid sheet of snow, topped off with ice.

If, and its a one in a million CB walked out of the apartment, he would have fallen the minute he walked into the porch. Even if he tried to crawl his way out, he would not have made it more than a few feet.

Weather conditions make the "he just disappeared", unbelievable. If he "was taken" there would be evidence/trail/tire tracks something, due to the depth of the snow. I seriously doubt the parking lot was cleared by Monday am. LE know this.

https://www.wtkr.com/news/latest-snowfall-totals-for-hampton-roads-areas

MOO....

Last edited:
Penny Kmitt on Twitter
DAY 4 IN THE SEARCH FOR CODI BIGSBY An emergency communications unit just arrived from #Suffolk. They’re here to help volunteers & police contact one another as they search. They can also communicate with other county law enforcement. MORE ON @WTKR3
Community comes together to search for missing 4-year-old in Hampton

7:13 AM · Feb 3, 2022 from Hampton, VA·Twitter for iPhone

I find the following quotes concerning, from the 3WTKR article...

"There’s no place that we shouldn’t look. We have to also understand that the timeline has changed with the father. So, that may change, and how far he went," CJ Baker, a volunteer helping to search, said.

"News 3 asked the Chief Talbot if the father is a person of interest, and he said they are most interested in the dad being forthcoming about what he knows. Authorities believe he is the key to finding Codi."

Per the reporter in this video, more family is supposed to arrive in town today, and Codi's paternal aunt (Dad's sister) says that Codi is known for opening the sliding door.

FEB 3, 2022
Search for missing Hampton 4-year-old Codi Bigsby enters day 4

Last edited:
That is exactly what I have been thinking since I first saw his picture. Aliayah Lunsford immediately came to mind. They both have the most heartbreaking look of sadness and hopelessness.
Um hm. Nixmary Brown also comes to mind. How could anyone look at that child and not see how frightened she looked, in every picture, including dressed as a power ranger.

I sure wish we had more information about what is alerting LE to the idea that Cory isn't being truthful. What do they know?

“We don’t believe that 4-year-old Codi wandered off and we don’t believe that he was abducted,” Hampton Police Chief Mark Talbot said at a press conference Tuesday morning.

Evidence on missing 4-year-old Codi Bigsby conflicts with previous info, Hampton police say

"News 3 asked the Chief Talbot if the father is a person of interest, and he said they are most interested in the dad being forthcoming about what he knows. Authorities believe he is the key to finding Codi."

https://www.wtkr.com/haveyouseenme/...r-to-search-for-missing-4-year-old-in-hampton

"and the community is fed up"

https://twitter.com/WTKR3

https://twitter.com/i/status/1489231256651018252

It snowed 4 plus inches, plus a coating of ice, late Sat into Sunday. This is extremely unusual for this coastal community. The temperatures were extemely low in single digits and a wind that would slice you into. Terrible conditions, walkways, porches were a solid sheet of snow, topped off with ice.

If, and its a one in a million CB walked out of the apartment, he would have fallen the minute he walked into the porch. Even if he tried to crawl his way out, he would not have made it more than a few feet.

Weather conditions make the "he just disappeared", unbelievable. If he "was taken" there would be evidence/trail/tire tracks something, due to the depth of the snow. I seriously doubt the parking lot was cleared by Monday am. LE know this.

https://www.wtkr.com/news/latest-snowfall-totals-for-hampton-roads-areas

MOO....
Coupled with flip flops and the freezing temp and now LE statements about the time line shifting is not filling me with confidence the little guy is ok. He's 4, a baby still in my eyes. I have zero experience with snow and ice expect know we humans don't like to be freezing cold at any age . Agree the fathers information given out by LE is all sounding a bit far fetched.

There are three questions but the one that stands out to me is that LE is asking if anyone has seen Codi, his siblings, or his father since CHRISTMAS. :(

Hampton VA Police on Twitter
Can you answer "yes" to any of these questions? If so, we need to hear from you! Scan the QR code for more information.

9:59 AM · Feb 3, 2022·Twitter Web App

Hampton VA Police on Twitter
Can you answer "yes" to any of these questions? If so, we need to hear from you! Scan the QR code for more information.

9:59 AM · Feb 3, 2022·Twitter Web App

Since Christmas! Wow. I mean, WOW!

As I stated when first coming on board in this thread, LE will have to go back before the 'reported missing' date to find the truth in this case.

This case may very well be another that involves a long, LONG, investigation prior to it's conclusion, assuming if/when, it concludes.

Per the reporter in this video, more family is supposed to arrive in town today, and Codi's paternal aunt (Dad's sister) says that Codi is known for opening the sliding door.

FEB 3, 2022
Search for missing Hampton 4-year-old Codi Bigsby enters day 4

Bbm...

This feels like.. an attempt to insinuate he wandered on his own.

Also, if a child is known for opening a window or door.. lots of options out there to prevent that so they don't end up in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon