VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there appears to be an on going debate on whether or not a highly educated former military officer ,father of 4 children had his rights violated and was held against his will and denied legal representation. I agree that it seems far fetched that this man didn't understand that the police would be looking at him first as a POI as he is the father and had custody of the little one and was in his care at the time. IMO its not rocket science to come to this conclusion. I will stand corrected if it comes out that LE did in deed do this. lets get on with finding little Cody.

If he can afford Harris Teeter & Starbuck's and all those kids and a new house and car.- hmm....I am retired military after 20 years, one rank below his and I can't live on my retirement pay alone as a single person, it barely pays my rent (mortgage when I owned a house)
I'm sure him having dependents greatly increases his benefit as well as the other benefits he'd receive - SNAP, WIC, etc.
JMO of course.

I usually stay away from speculating, but what if LE asked the 5 yr. old about the hypothetical door lock. If he told them they were locked in the room sometimes, that would have given LE something they could use as ammunition when interviewing Cory. Hence why he confessed.

All speculation and my opinions.

I'm wondering if I missed it but has there been anyone in the new home neighborhood who has seen Codi? Could he possibly have been left somewhere at the house they moved from? LE is asking about where and when Codi and Cory were seen since mid December.
JMO MOO My thoughts on a possibility I haven't seen yet.

I'm wondering if I missed it but has there been anyone in the new home neighborhood who has seen Codi? Could he possibly have been left somewhere at the house they moved from? LE is asking about where and when Codi and Cory were seen since mid December.
JMO MOO My thoughts on a possibility I haven't seen yet.
I believe there could possibly be a neighbour who saw him playing outside with their kid..

IMO there appears to be an on going debate on whether or not a highly educated former military officer ,father of 4 children had his rights violated and was held against his will and denied legal representation. I agree that it seems far fetched that this man didn't understand that the police would be looking at him first as a POI as he is the father and had custody of the little one and was in his care at the time. IMO its not rocket science to come to this conclusion. I will stand corrected if it comes out that LE did in deed do this. lets get on with finding little Cody.

I agree with your excellent post. But Corey is not highly educated -

The Army confirmed Wednesday that Cory is an Army veteran who held the rank of Sgt. 1st Class at the end of service in September 2017. Additionally, according to court documents, Cory was previously charged in 2018 with assault and battery involving a family member. The charges were later dismissed.

Court records state that he has family in Norfolk and some college education. Records that identify his financial resources state that he has, “military retirement; disability,” but it states that he does not currently have a place of employment.

https://www.wtkr.com/investigations...eglect-charges-just-bought-a-house-in-january

My feelings exactly...so where is their mother?? Why do all 4 live with their dad? I can't believe LE is comfortable with her being a no show and the chief obviously doesn't want to discuss her. I think she is being investigated and a part of their case, she has to be. I don't think she's a POI anymore is she? And I don't think she has the other children. I can't help but wonder about her. Her absence is very curious to me. I believe that's another quirk they're having to deal with. This really is a mess. JMO

Maybe she's deployed overseas?

FEB 5, 2022
Cody Bigsby case: search for missing boy continues into day 6 (wavy.com)
[...]

Now that investigators are combing through new leads and have cleared out their staging area, people in the community have taken it upon themselves to knock on doors and search areas that may have been missed by law enforcement.

Volunteers braved the cold Saturday to search for the child behind the woods of Restoration Church on Fox Hill Road. The church sits adjacent to Buckroe Pointe Apartments, where Codi was first reported missing.

Some were armed with machetes as folks hiked through thorns and mud in hopes of finding something that could help bring the boy home–digging through an abandoned storage unit and bodies of water.

[...]

Volunteers plan to continue their search Sunday morning. A candlelight vigil is planned for Codi’s safe return Sunday night at the Hampton Soccer Fields at 5:30 p.m.

[...]

She was there the first night at the police station. I understand she left and went back home to Washington. I don't think she's in the military, but I guess anything is possible. She has not been discussed and I don't know anything about her. Not even her name.

Thanks, I had missed that bit of information. I knew they had talked to her but thought it might have been via phone/zoom.

Thinking this may be the new house - trash day is on Tuesday fwiw.
130 Burns St, Hampton, VA 23669 - 4 beds/2 baths

I bet you're right. And the 31st was a Monday ...

Thank you for the article with details of his service, @Turkeytrot. I updated my post above to include that information.

Dad was charge with neglect, leaving children unattended for two hours. TUESDAY, Jan 25th, trash day at the new house.

Maybe, there is video of dads travels on Tuesday, 1/25.

Blue View - Camera Sharing Program | Hampton, VA - Official Website
Through sharing private partner camera assets with The Hampton Police Division's Real Time Information Center, your business can contribute to the greater safety and prosperity of City of Hampton business districts while benefiting from first responders having direct access to view your properties.

The Blue View program provides Hampton Police personnel with effective and efficient access to private partner cameras. Cameras are pulled in via a web-based interface that consolidates both Hampton Police Division and Private Party Camera Assets. Many existing cameras are already compatible with the program

Dad was charge with neglect, leaving children unattended for two hours. TUESDAY, Jan 25th, trash day at the new house.

Through sharing private partner camera assets with The Hampton Police Division's Real Time Information Center, your business can contribute to the greater safety and prosperity of City of Hampton business districts while benefiting from first responders having direct access to view your properties.

The Blue View program provides Hampton Police personnel with effective and efficient access to private partner cameras. Cameras are pulled in via a web-based interface that consolidates both Hampton Police Division and Private Party Camera Assets. Many existing cameras are already compatible with the program

OOOPS, forgot link for timeline showing 1/25/22 charge

https://www.wtkr.com/news/timeline-...urrounding-missing-hampton-boys-disappearance

There’s a lot to pick apart here. To be sure it would be very unusual for someone to stay at the police station for 3 days while LE was searching for his missing son.
However, could there be circumstances where it may happen? Maybe.
Your home is sealed so LE can conduct a search and collect forensic evidence. You ask to go home. LE says “no” not while the search is ongoing. You say you have nowhere to go. LE says you are welcome to stay there. You are (allegedly) given a cot, blanket, and pillow, access to a shower, food, and water.
You don’t leave the station because LE will not let you participate in the search, you do not want to face the media, and you wish to show that you are completely cooperative.
As his story is not adding up right from the beginning, LE isn’t going to kick him out. They are happy to let him stay. As they get more information, they ask more questions.
I believe this Chief is smart and experienced. There is no way, in such a high profile incident, that I think this department would do anything that would jeopardize their case. I believe the father was given his Miranda warning and that he understood it. He was involved with the courts before and knows the process.
The Chief says they are there for Codi. This means they want justice for Codi. To risk his case being tainted would be unacceptable.
I am sorry to see that some local folks are turning against the police, making accusatory statements that would seem to imply that LE is not giving this child or his father all the same effort or due process they might give to someone with a different economic or racial background. From what I can see, LE pulled out every stop to bring in all possible resources right from the beginning.
Some folks are also implying that LE is not giving this case full effort because they are only allowing 50 citizens to search at a time. This is a matter of logistics, not prejudice.
Let’s concentrate on hoping that LE finds out what happened to Codi very soon and the perpetrator behind his disappearance is punished to the full extent of the law.
A like button was not sufficient. You expressed so much better what I have been trying say. All of this.

This, even if trash day at the new house isn't relevant, that is a drive and it would be awesome if LE could trace his route (cell data) and any stops along the way (duration of time stopped?).

I usually stay away from speculating, but what if LE asked the 5 yr. old about the hypothetical door lock. If he told them they were locked in the room sometimes, that would have given LE something they could use as ammunition when interviewing Cory. Hence why he confessed.

All speculation and my opinions.
I suspect they confronted him with evidence (video, GPS, witness testimony) and it went something like this. Mr. Bigsby, is this you here on video at this car dealership? yes. Where were your children while you were here? Uh, have you ever tried to car shop with 4 under 5? nervous chuckle. I can imagine (friendly chuckle in return) So did you leave them with a neighbor or sitter while you got that accomplished? Uh, yeah, uh . . so I know this is not going to look good on me, but uh . . . (plays up the single father so many children so hard to be me) and yeah, I left them at the house, just long enough to get the car purchase done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels