GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who's paying for all this?

Codi, imho, paid with his life. JMHO.

You knew that already.

Oh, you meant who is paying for all the lawyers! Possibly the lawyers figure there will be a civil suit later, and are willing to wait for their share of a settlement.

Too bad they show no interest in finding Codi.

Wonder what Codi's brothers have to say???

jmho ymmv lrr

You knew that already.

Oh, you meant who is paying for all the lawyers! Possibly the lawyers figure there will be a civil suit later, and are willing to wait for their share of a settlement.

jmho ymmv lrr

An attorney cannot charge or arrange for a contingent fee for criminal cases. Model Rule of Professional Conduct 1.5(d)(2); I'll link to Model Rule as well as VA's identical rule.

An attorney cannot charge or arrange for a contingent fee for criminal cases. Model Rule of Professional Conduct 1.5(d)(2); I'll link to Model Rule as well as VA's identical rule.

His lawyer is a civil rights attorney which is why she brought in these other lawyers , I’m thinking the unleashed tv thingy with Bonnie Chapman is paying for this apparently Cory couldn’t afford a sitter how can he afford these lawyers , the whole thing just stinks just moo

JUL 31, 2022
Community members are coming together Saturday, August 6 to continue searching for missing 4-year-old Codi Bigsby.

According to a Facebook event, community members who would like to take part in the search are asked to meet in the 200 block of Ranalet Drive at 1:45 p.m. Organizers are also asking those interested to RSVP by Wednesday August 3.

[...]

AUG 2, 2022
[...]

... This is a comprehensive overview of everything we know about Codi Bigsby’s disappearance and the growing abuse and neglect case against his father.

[...]

Codi lived in the apartment full-time with his father and three brothers. All of the children living in the home were aged five years and younger. The day Codi was reported missing was the same day the family was scheduled to move into a new house.

[...]

While Cory Bigsby waited to speak with investigators, HPD Chief Mark Talbot addressed the public in a press conference held at the townhome complex. He confirmed that Cory Bigsby was answering investigators’ questions, but he also expressed concerns about the father’s timeline of the 4-year-old’s disappearance.

“We aren’t convinced it happened exactly when we found out about it,” Talbot said.

[...]

Cory Bigsby was taken into an interview room around 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 31 and voluntarily took a polygraph test around 10 p.m. He was interrogated by a HPD detective and two FBI agents for about seven hours, court records state.

[...]

The interrogation became adversarial around 4:04 a.m. during a discussion about the results of the polygraph test between Cory Bigsby and the HPD investigator, Talbot later told the public. With the HPD detective and a FBI agent in the room, Cory Bigsby made his first request for an attorney at 4:13 a.m., but the investigators ignored him, court records show.

[...]

HPD set up a command post outside of Codi’s home and stayed there through Feb. 4. With community help, investigators spent the week searching a one-mile radius around the apartment. 10 On Your Side was at the command post every day, watching the investigation. On Feb. 3, a reporter witnessed evidence technicians search the home, bringing out several sealed bags of evidence.

Although Talbot initially told the public that both of Codi’s parents were considered persons of interest in the case, investigators quickly cleared his mother. On Feb. 3, Talbot publicly named Cory Bigsby as the main person of interest in the case. ...

[...]

After an extensive search of Codi’s neighborhood and the surrounding areas, HPD announced it would move into an “investigative phase.” Talbot said that the FBI provided HPD with an “extensive” amount of forensic data that would take time for investigators to thoroughly review.

[...]

While Cory Bigsby’s legal team grows, the case against him has gotten bigger, too. On July 5, 10 On Your Side investigators were the first to discover that a grand jury indicted him on 30 charges — 23 of which were new. None of those charges are related to Codi’s disapperance.

The new charges allege that Cory Bigsby neglected and abused his children on several occasions in the year before Codi was reported missing. He’s also accused of failing to get medical attention for an injured child. If convicted, Cory Bigsby could face up to 162 years in prison.

[...]

Codi was living full-time with his father when he was reported missing. Little is know about his mother, except that she currently lives in the Washington D.C. area. Through a spokesperson, Codi’s mother released her first and only public statement to 10 On Your Side’s investigative team on Feb. 10, which read:

At this present time, I do not wish to take part in any telephone, television or social media interviews. My reluctance is based on the upcoming trial and the questions asked are questions that will be addressed in court. In addition, I have been advised by legal counsel not to address the public. However, I would like to speak to the support of the community. I sincerely appreciate all the volunteers, rescue workers, police, FBI, news reporters, the community at large, family, friends, and everyone who is showing love and support for Codi. It truly warms my heart. I am praying for the safe return of my baby boy, Codi. I hope the public and the community understand and respect my position during this tragic time.

This poor little man his eyes are always so sad or angry . His whole family failed him and are still failing him . It makes me so sad Im so glad the community support is still there and so vocal for him . One thing that’s so disappointing is waterteam pulled away because of unleashed tv and that lawyer so much bs just moo

You knew that already.

jmho ymmv lrr
To be fair, the lawyers' job is not to find Codi. Their job is to ensure that their client gets fair treatment as he goes through this process.

I also do not fault the family members who are speaking out on Cory's behalf. They can show support for Cory and be concerned about Codi at the same time. If I had witnessed my family member being a good parent--or if I hadn't witnessed it but believed what I had been told over time--I would support him/her until I was given specific proof suggesting otherwise. They are also allowed to be concerned about his civil rights, especially after the police admitted to not following procedure.

That all being said, there are obvious concerns about the negligence charges and the police must have more information from that home. I believe that the dad was probably responsible for Codi's death through negligence.

All my opinion.

"The day Codi was reported missing was the same day the family was scheduled to move into a new house."

I did not know this! Have we heard that before?
I don’t remember reading anything about the family moving that same day either.
I have a vague recollection from very early on of someone here watching a live feed that showed a U-Haul parked at the apartments or the new house (can't remember which) during one of the initial LE searches for Codi. Hopefully someone else remembers that and can chime in. MOO

I have a vague recollection from very early on of someone here watching a live feed that showed a U-Haul parked at the apartments or the new house (can't remember which) during one of the initial LE searches for Codi. Hopefully someone else remembers that and can chime in. MOO
Yes there was a live stream that showed le with a dog go in the uhaul I can’t rember what station it was but it was in the first day or two . I wish they could find this little man the community is still looking so hard for him and keep his name out there . Just wish Cory would just say where he put him but I can’t see that happening jmoo

AUG 7, 2022

Not giving up hope: People still searching for Codi Bigsby

[...]

"We're going to continue on canvassing, bringing the word out, just to let everybody know that this child is still out here missing, said KC, President of United We Stand of Hampton Roads. "We're going to continue on searching until the community finds answers, until we find answers, until we know what's going on with this child."

There will be a vigil on August 19 at 6 p.m. by the Codi Bigsby tribute in Hampton to remind people not to give up hope.

200 days and yet his family keeps quiet. This community has really stepped up for codi they aren’t going to stop till he is found . It’s just sickening how quiet codi’s family is unless it’s about Cory . I can’t find out if Bonnie Chapmans tv show still offering a reward . Jmoo #wherescodi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingsley_
Back