GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

. It's in here the channel 13 news there's a bit about what happened in court today then the news conference it's well worth the watch commonwealth Bell isn't playing
Thank you so much. I’ve followed this from the very beginning when they first started searching. I had to take a step back for awhile. It was just too much. I pray he finally tells where that precious baby is. He deserves to rest in peace. Not much brings tears to my eyes anymore, but this verdict did.

Thank you so much. I’ve followed this from the very beginning when they first started searching. I had to take a step back for awhile. It was just too much. I pray he finally tells where that precious baby is. He deserves to rest in peace. Not much brings tears to my eyes anymore, but this verdict did.
Yep I hear ya I've been following from the beginning ,I am so glad he's back in jail where he belongs. I hope one day they can find Codi and lay him to rest. And I hope the felons sister can one day be charged with obstruction of justice or something for all that lying liars lies. Jmoo ..

MAR 13, 2024
His legal team would not officially say whether they plan to appeal, but lawyers told News 3 they would need to wait until after the sentencing to appeal, and they would have 30 days to do so.

“The court has to actually accept the case based on a legal error,” said legal analyst Eric Claville, “So it’s not guaranteed the court would accept it."

Commonwealth’s Attorney Anton Bell said they are prepared.

Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney Anton Bell told 10 On Your Side he isn’t going to lower Cory Bigsby’s sentencing recommendations if he reveals where Codi is.

Bryant agrees with this strategy.

“It’s horrendous,” Bryant said. “He’s hidden this from law enforcement, from his family, from everyone in the community for all this time, and to now come forward and say, ‘well, here’s where it is,’ I don’t think that’s sufficient for a reduction in sentence.”

MAR 13, 2024
[...]

During the interview, the Hampton man said he believes he didn't get a fair trial and that a jury wrongfully convicted him.

"I definitely was wrongly convicted," Bigsby told 13News Now. "This is trash."

[...]

When asked about Codi's whereabouts, Bigsby said he "never knew where Codi is."

"I don't know what happened," Bigsby said. "All I know is, of course, he had to wander away, but did someone take him? I wouldn't know."

[...]

"I was ambushed because my attorneys never got to interview my son about anything before trial," Bigsby told 13News Now. "We didn't even know who was going to be up there. I didn't know who was going to be up there."

[...]

Bigsby thinks someone coerced and coached his son to say what he did in court:

"My son said something totally different in the first two interviews he was giving in the beginning, which was two years ago. Then all of a sudden, my son came and said some stuff that was coerced, knowing my son never his brother laying anywhere lifeless, none of that."
[...]

Commonwealth's Attorney Anton Bell issued the following statement: "The community has spoken."

Here's channel 13's interview with the inmate. I haven't had a chance to listen yet but wanted to drop it here
I tried to watch this foolishness but had to fast forward through some of it. Just a Lying liar lying.

They coerced and coached me to write those letters. wouldn't let me go to the shower. My son was coached by his mother and lied. We didn't get to confront my son. Prosecution didn't give us everything. I never even met with my own counsel so I didn't even know what they were going to present. blah blah blah.

[way to blame the prosecution AND claim you had ineffective counsel in the same breath]

about his sister's testimony "I had nothing to do with that. I have nothing to do with what she stated or her telling any lies or anything that they claim. Maybe my sister got some dates messed up or whatever, I don't know what it was but it has nothing to do with me. There is nothing for me to tell you ABOUT. Because I never talked to her before they interviewed her, I never talked to her about anything. So how would I have a recollection of what she's telling them?"

Q. "She says you all met in September of 2021 in DC for this event, this gathering . . "

"WE NEVER MET THEN! I'm telling you we didn't meet then."

Q. "Okay, you're telling me you didn't meet in September 2021 . . ?"

"NO. We did not."

Q. "in DC?"

Last edited:
I tried to watch this foolishness but had to fast forward through some of it. Just a Lying liar lying.

They coerced and coached me to write those letters. wouldn't let me go to the shower. My son was coached by his mother and lied. We didn't get to confront my son. Prosecution didn't give us everything. I never even met with my own counsel so I didn't even know what they were going to present. blah blah blah.

[way to blame the prosecution AND claim you had ineffective counsel in the same breath]

about his sister's testimony "I had nothing to do with that. I have nothing to do with what she stated or her telling any lies or anything that they claim. Maybe my sister got some dates messed up or whatever, I don't know what it was but it has nothing to do with me. There is nothing for me to tell you ABOUT. Because I never talked to her before they interviewed her, I never talked to her about anything. So how would I have a recollection of what she's telling them?"

Q. "She says you all met in September of 2021 in DC for this event, this gathering . . "

"WE NEVER MET THEN! I'm telling you we didn't meet then."

Q. "Okay, you're telling me you didn't meet in September 2021 . . ?"

"NO. We did not."

Q. "in DC?"
He's a narcissist, a liar,a murderer, he faked mental health issues to get privileges, he throws his sister his lawyers under the bus. Did he forget he has a lot more charges coming up that can add over 100 years to his sentence, and commonwealth attorney Bell is going balls deep he wants the inmate to serve maximum sentence for each charge ..he needs his family for $$ gotta buy those noodles now

MAR 14, 2024
[...]

The police chief said investigators knew "very early on" that Bigsby was involved in his son's death.

"He's an incredibly poor liar," Tabot said of Bigsby during the news conference. "There was very little that he had to say that seemed to map onto the truth. He was aggressive with his lies, which makes it especially egregious. So, it wasn't real tough to figure out."

[...]

"If we're lucky, he will never get out of jail," Talbot said.

[...]

13News Now also asked Talbot about his reaction to our jailhouse interview with Bigsby, the police chief quoted Shakespeare: “A tale told by an idiot, [full of] sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

[...]

"What I remember from his interview is that he said we used his statements against him," Talbot said. "Well, of course we did. What does he think: We were his friends? We were investigating his allegations and we were trying to find his son."

[...]

"Having interacted with Cory Bigsby, I am not hopeful that we will ever find out what happened to Codi," Talbot said. "I'm not at all hopeful."

I'm waiting for the next trial date to be posted for the abuse & not getting medical help I know commonwealth Bell was saying he could get over 100 yrs with those charges. I wonder who is going to represent him since he threw his lawyers under the bus. Jmoo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315-075903.png
    Screenshot_20240315-075903.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240315-075850.png
    Screenshot_20240315-075850.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240315-075825.png
    Screenshot_20240315-075825.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240315-075725.png
    Screenshot_20240315-075725.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240315-075648.png
    Screenshot_20240315-075648.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 3
OMG, what a bunch of malarky. The chief is right, dude is a horrible liar. Anybody else would be hysterical, "MY BABY'S MISSING! GET HERE FAST! HE'S ONLY 4!" or something ... Cory's all "I just went out and I just got up, got dressed, fed the babies, we're supposed to be moving today, and he wasn't in there..." :rolleyes: MOO

MAR 15, 2024
"I just went out," Bigsby told the dispatcher. "I just, I got up and got dressed because we're supposed to be moving today, right? After I fed the babies, I went and got dressed and went in the room where he was supposed to be there. I went in there to get my coat and he wasn't in there. So I ran outside [and] looked everywhere trying to find him. I don't know where he's at."

Thinking about the inmates trial the one thing that came to me was I hadn't heard anything in the longest time was Amina yelling loud about the inmates rights being violated. In fact Amina has been really quiet for the last little bit. .. .. but here's a disgusting tidbit from the trial after codi's mom testified a Facebook wanna be reporter who is a inmate supporter has charged codi's mom with assault .jmoo

from the 911 call:

We are s'posed to be moving today. After I fed the babies I went in the room he was s'posed to be at, I went in there to get my coat and he wasn't in there so I ran outside. Looked everywhere. Tried to find him. I don't know where he's at.

Q. How old is he?

He's 3. No, he's 4. He's 4.

Q. OK do you know what he was wearing? When was the last time you saw him?

Yes, Last night I saw him. He tapped me asking can he go outside. Sometimes he usually creeps outside at night.

Q. OK what's his name?

Codi. Codi. Codi.

Q. OK how tall is he approximately?

I don't know. I don't know.

Q. What was he wearing last night? Do you remember? Was he in pajamas?

CORY speaking over the 911 operator) I want to say he was like 3'5" No he wasn't wearing pajamas he was wearing black sweat pants. He was wearing black socks. and he had on a black shirt.

Q. Have you checked the entire house, to see if maybe he is hiding anywhere?

Yes. I checked the entire house, closets and everything. I think he had on spider man flip flops because they're not here. and his black jacket is missing.

Q. And you said the black jacket?

Yes.

Q. OK and what's your last name?

Bigsby

Q. and is his last name bigsby as well?

Yes.

Q. Okay is there a better phone number to call you back? Because we aren't able to call this one back because it's a disconnected phone?

Yes, you can call (REDACTED for a long period)

Q. OK we already have units enroute to you. Just give us a call if anything changes OK.

All right. Thank you.
----------------------------------------------
Some of my takeaways from the 991 call:

He woke up and fed the babies. Was there no plan or intention to feed Codi? (telling IMO).

Codi's age. He's 3, no he's 4. (can't remember how old Codi should be only how old he was when he killed him MOO)

we are supposed to move today, I went in the room he should have been in to get my jacket. (was he not planning to take Codi as well, why not to get Codi, why his jacket? Because Codi was never in there, but his jacket was and he would need it to search for fictitiously missing child or move. or both JMO)

Last night he wanted to go outside. Sometimes he usually creeps outside (Codi is missing not because I am a bad dad but because he creeps outside all the time. Blame shifting)

Codi was wearing black sweats, black shirt, black socks and spiderman flip flops. Oh yeah and a black jacket because that is missing. (what 4 year old do you know that is going to wear his ninja outfit, complete with socks and flip flops and remember to put on a jacket when he is "creeping" outside in the dead of night? JMO he hadn't thought out what Codi would have been wearing when he "last saw him" and therefore went with the basic black and threw spider man flip flops in because the all black outfit felt like it needed something kiddish in the mix)

Codi's height: I want to say he WAS 3'5" (scrambling to think how tall should he be right now, meanwhile as he tried to come up with a believable height he slipped up and used past tense describing his missing child.)

Finally, who calls 911 on a disconnected phone to report a missing toddler if there is another, working phone available???

MAR 20, 2024
[...]

Three of the video exhibits played in the courtroom are now being released through Hampton Circuit Court.

Exhibit 3 | Initial law enforcement response​

The body camera footage of one of the first responding officers on the case shows Cory's earliest statements to police, as he proceeds to tell officers that he had not seen his son Codi since waking up on the morning of January 31, 2022.

[...]

Defense Exhibit 5 | Police questioning​

The video clip, taken from an overhead camera inside a room, shows investigators casting doubt on the explanation of Codi's disappearance provided by Cory.

[...]

Exhibit 11 | Written confession​

Taken from the body camera of an officer, Cory is seen writing what would be one of several confession letters in which he states he found Codi unresponsive and then drove the body away from his home.

"I can write it myself," he tells the officer before they hand him paper and a pen.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back