GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

Cory Bigsby indicted on 30 counts, source confirms to WAVY. 30 charges and no charges about codi yet I’m thinking mr bigsby is not getting out of jail soon
Omg :mad:

From the article:

[...]

The source tells News 3 the new charges in this indictment include 15 charges of child neglect for leaving the children home alone. Four more charges of alleged child abuse and two additional child neglect charges in connection to those child abuse charges. Also, two misdemeanor charges were added for failure to secure medical attention for an injured child.

[...]

With these new charges, Cory could face up to 162 years in prison.

Cory's lawyer, Amina Matheny-Willard, called the indictments "absolute nonsense."

"This case is not a prosecution.... it's a modern-day lynching," she said.

[...]

Omg :mad:

From the article:

[...]

The source tells News 3 the new charges in this indictment include 15 charges of child neglect for leaving the children home alone. Four more charges of alleged child abuse and two additional child neglect charges in connection to those child abuse charges. Also, two misdemeanor charges were added for failure to secure medical attention for an injured child.

[...]

With these new charges, Cory could face up to 162 years in prison.

Cory's lawyer, Amina Matheny-Willard, called the indictments "absolute nonsense."

"This case is not a prosecution.... it's a modern-day lynching," she said.

[...]
I think this is the first time his sister is quiet ,I haven’t seen one word from her yet . I hate seeing these kids cases some just break your heart this one I haven’t seen a happy photo yet just haunted eyes . I think it’s only going to get worse these 30 charges don’t include codi so who didn’t Cory get medical help for , how bad was it so many questions . I wonder if the AA will be released ? Jmoo

According to a source close to the investigation, tells WTKR the new charges in this indictment include 15 charges of child neglect for leaving the children home alone. Four more charges of alleged child abuse and two additional child neglect charges in connection to those child abuse charges. Also, two misdemeanor charges were added for failure to secure medical attention for an injured child.

According to the documents, they were left alone long enough for it to be considered ‘a reckless disregard for human life.’

Court documents show that he neglected to care for at least one of his four children on December 13-15, again on December 28, on January 11 and 25, then once more on February 1.

Court documents say Bigsby committed an act against a child that was, “so gross, wanton, and culpable as to sow a reckless disregard for human life.”

His charges now include:
  • 7 counts of child neglect and endangerment
  • 15 direct counts of child neglect related to leaving children alone
  • 2 direct counts of child abuse
  • 4 direct counts for child neglect related to the child abuse charges
  • 2 Misdemeanors for failing to seek medical attention for injured child
Here's how his case has gone so far:

“Today the Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney announced a 30-count indictment against Cory Bigsby. The law enforcement cover up in this case is shocking, and the result is a desperate father sitting in jail while his son is missing. Because the Commonwealth’s Attorney knows that Cory is innocent, he cannot indict Cory for the disappearance of Codi Bigsby … because he is innocent. They locked him up, deprived him of a lawyer, and tortured him in an effort to secure a confession. They soon realized, a combat veteran turned innocent father doesn’t break, and he doesn’t confess to a crime he didn’t commit. When police realized Cory was innocent, they should have moved on to other potential suspects.

Instead, law enforcement doubled down. Our criminal justice system’s history is littered with cases like this, where the “ends justify the means” to arrogant police and prosecutors. As we see in case after case where corrupt police were able to obtain forced confessions – the state was wrong.

The Commonwealth is likewise wrong here, and in this case, Cory Bigsby withstood their torture techniques and refused to confess to a crime he didn’t commit. Today’s indictments carry one clear message: Cory Bigsby had nothing to do with Codi’s disappearance, and the Commonwealth’s failure to make a case is an admission to this fact.

The indictments at hand are absolute nonsense. The allegations against Cory could be made against any busy and struggling parent, as it seems the Commonwealth’s Attorney must be reminded that not everyone has a disposable income with which to hire day care or an Au Pair. The Commonwealth is desperate to convict Cory of something… anything… because they know that Mr. Bigsby will be filing complex federal litigation against the city to hold them accountable for their horrific conduct in this case. This case is not a prosecution… it’s a modern-day lynching.

Mr. Bigsby looks forward to his day in Court."

His attorney is using highly inflammatory insinuations in an attempt to have the public to side with her client.

Maybe she doesn't realize there are many State & County childcare programs which are priced on a sliding scale for income. Plus didn't he just buy a new car and home (the reason he let the kids alone)? To me it's a matter of priorities and good parental care. Who in their right mind would leave a five year old in charge of three younger kids for HOURS? This is just such &ullshite!!

“Today the Hampton Commonwealth’s Attorney announced a 30-count indictment against Cory Bigsby. The law enforcement cover up in this case is shocking, and the result is a desperate father sitting in jail while his son is missing. Because the Commonwealth’s Attorney knows that Cory is innocent, he cannot indict Cory for the disappearance of Codi Bigsby … because he is innocent. They locked him up, deprived him of a lawyer, and tortured him in an effort to secure a confession. They soon realized, a combat veteran turned innocent father doesn’t break, and he doesn’t confess to a crime he didn’t commit. When police realized Cory was innocent, they should have moved on to other potential suspects.

Instead, law enforcement doubled down. Our criminal justice system’s history is littered with cases like this, where the “ends justify the means” to arrogant police and prosecutors. As we see in case after case where corrupt police were able to obtain forced confessions – the state was wrong.

The Commonwealth is likewise wrong here, and in this case, Cory Bigsby withstood their torture techniques and refused to confess to a crime he didn’t commit. Today’s indictments carry one clear message: Cory Bigsby had nothing to do with Codi’s disappearance, and the Commonwealth’s failure to make a case is an admission to this fact.

The indictments at hand are absolute nonsense. The allegations against Cory could be made against any busy and struggling parent, as it seems the Commonwealth’s Attorney must be reminded that not everyone has a disposable income with which to hire day care or an Au Pair. The Commonwealth is desperate to convict Cory of something… anything… because they know that Mr. Bigsby will be filing complex federal litigation against the city to hold them accountable for their horrific conduct in this case. This case is not a prosecution… it’s a modern-day lynching.

Mr. Bigsby looks forward to his day in Court."

His attorney is using highly inflammatory insinuations in an attempt to have the public to side with her client.

Maybe she doesn't realize there are many State & County childcare programs which are priced on a sliding scale for income. Plus didn't he just buy a new car and home (the reason he let the kids alone)? To me it's a matter of priorities and good parental care. Who in their right mind would leave a five year old in charge of three younger kids for HOURS? This is just such &ullshite!!
agreed, total BS. but that is her job and I will give her credit for doing it vigorously. but the idea that because he hasn't broken indicates innocence and that is why he isn't charged with Codi's disappearance is baloney and she well knows it. It indicates they don't have evidence to charge him with anything related to that right now. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I found her former combat vet "turned" innocent father an interesting choice of words. was he not an innocent father previous to these charges of child neglect? when exactly did he turn innocent?

As to the boohoo busy struggling parent BS, I don't even know where to start. Is she suggesting that other parents who are found to have neglected their children by leaving them alone who didn't have one turn up missing are not being charged with such crimes? That only her vet turned innocent father has been charged with such things?

It's laughable, and the modern day lynching line? wow lady, quite the reach and highly inflammatory.

I think this is the first time his sister is quiet ,I haven’t seen one word from her yet . I hate seeing these kids cases some just break your heart this one I haven’t seen a happy photo yet just haunted eyes . I think it’s only going to get worse these 30 charges don’t include codi so who didn’t Cory get medical help for , how bad was it so many questions . I wonder if the AA will be released ? Jmoo

She won't stay quiet. According to the article,
Cory Bigsby’s family is scheduled to have a press conference on July 15 to discuss the latest developments.

This family is protecting the wrong person!!! They should be a voice for Codi, not Cory! JMVHO

She won't stay quiet. According to the article,
Cory Bigsby’s family is scheduled to have a press conference on July 15 to discuss the latest developments.

This family is protecting the wrong person!!! They should be a voice for Codi, not Cory! JMVHO
Ughhh I saw that . That freaking conference is going to be all about Cory not where’s codi or about the abuse. They are so disgusting. The aunt got on my last nerve saying it doesn’t matter when they last saw codi . Just pmo moo moo . The one thing I would like to hear from LE is when codi was last seen not by family .

Ughhh I saw that . That freaking conference is going to be all about Cory not where’s codi or about the abuse. They are so disgusting. The aunt got on my last nerve saying it doesn’t matter when they last saw codi . Just pmo moo moo . The one thing I would like to hear from LE is when codi was last seen not by family .
I agree, with all of your sentiments. as to the BBM, the fact we haven't been given this information suggests they may not yet know. I get the feeling plenty of people saw Cory out and about sans children.

As to when the children (including Codi specifically) were last seen by a non family member prior to Codi's disappearance, I suspect it's been a good while. JMO

I agree, with all of your sentiments. as to the BBM, the fact we haven't been given this information suggests they may not yet know. I get the feeling plenty of people saw Cory out and about sans children.

As to when the children (including Codi specifically) were last seen by a non family member prior to Codi's disappearance, I suspect it's been a good while. JMO
There’s one part of the charges that bother me it’s failure to get child medical help if it’s not codi then which lil one and what happened, did they find the injury after Cory was at the jail, just so many questions , there’s still people looking for codi am sure glad that the water team and a lot of the community still search and keep codi in the news unlike his family just moo

not everyone has a disposable income with which to hire day care or an Au Pair

rsbm

Yes, there is Federal $$$ block-granted to the states to subsidize child care.

And, since the pandemic disrupted traditional schooling -- I know several families who have a low-cost au pair -- a high school student enrolled on-line and willing to fit their classwork around the children's needs.

Surely a few teens in Virginia preferred on-line coursework.

Of course one would need to accept a need for child care, and seek such a person.

Or a licensed care.

Or the school district's pre-K.

My church's preschool has a sliding fee scale. We check with Head Start every year for their income ceiling -- highest household income eligible for their program -- and that number is where our scale really starts.

But one must acknowledge a need, and ask...

jmho ymmv lrr

Family lawyer Amina Matheny-Willard is expected to hold a press conference at 1 p.m. Friday to share more information, specifically to talk about what she says has been inaction by the commonwealth in the case.

Family lawyer Amina Matheny-Willard is expected to hold a press conference at 1 p.m. Friday to share more information, specifically to talk about what she says has been inaction by the commonwealth in the case.
A little late for a reward . I think they are trying to change the public view on the family in my opinion. People aren’t dull , the lawyer and that family just give off bad vibes to me . Jmoo

From the first Twitter link:

Bigsby will announce a new $25,000 cash reward tomorrow for info leading to Codi or an arrest. The family is “hopeful that Codi is alive and well” per the attorney of Bigsby’s father (who remains jailed on unrelated charges)

bbm

Seems to me that child neglect is related to a missing child, how about you?

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back