VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam was 20 and his initial online relationship was with Emma (16) who seemed very much in love with Sam.

However, something happened between 8-14 September when she last logged into her Myspace account and set her mood with a frown.

Could it be that Sam switched his attention from Emma to Melanie (18)? Could there have been jealousy between the two girls which got out of control?

If Melanie and Sam killed Emma and her mother first, this would explain why two bodies were so badly decomposed they were beyond recognition.

Emma's parents were separated, so it is possible that her father did not come by until some days later and was killed when he entered the house. Perhaps the last to be killed with Melanie.

What was Sam "determined" to do? Escape? Kill Melanie? Make it home?

does anyone have a link to the video where the suspect supposedly says "Jesus made me do it"?

I've seen this comment attributed to him a couple of times but cannot find a video or credible news source to confirm it

This is so horrible. How did this strange guy come to stay at their home?? =(

This is so horrible. How did this strange guy come to stay at their home?? =(

Read above. Sam was invited to stay at the family home in Farmville by Emma Kelly. Emma and Sam had an online relationship and attended a music festival together.

The way that I am interpreting the timeline, Sam flew from California to Virginia to meet Emma. They went from Virginia to Michigan together to see the festival and then returned to Virgina where the murders took place.

This article has confirmed what I found from the Myspace communications:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ir6PIEFJ6PHQFXW7IckUo784PJGQD9ARA2FG0

Stimpson said messages posted online led police to believe McCroskey knew Emma Niederbrock and that he may have been visiting her.

On McCroskey's MySpace page, someone who goes by Ragdoll, which friends identified as Emma Niederbrock, wrote several messages to McCroskey. In a post dated Sept. 7, Niederbrock says she is excited for McCroskey's visit to her house.

"The next time you check your myspace, YOULL BE AT MY HOUSE!" the post reads.

But here they are calling her Emma Niederbrock and in her Myspace page she calls herself Emma Kelly......

Not sure how to post a link, but there is a video of him saying that after he was arrested on CBS 6 WTVR website.

This case is so sad, but also frightening to me.

can't find the first time I saw it yet but iirc, it seemed more of a reliable source than the second time

the second time I saw it was at this link in one of the comments (last comment on page):

Read above. Sam was invited to stay at the family home in Farmville by Emma Kelly. Emma and Sam had an online relationship and attended a music festival together.

The way that I am interpreting the timeline, Sam flew from California to Virginia to meet Emma. They went from Virginia to Michigan together to see the festival and then returned to Virgina where the murders took place.

I understand that. What I meant is, why did the parents let a strange man stay at their home? Seems odd if the daughter was only 16.

My, my. I've looked at all these Myspace pages and posts back and forth and such and I have to say... WHOA, BIG SURPRISE THERE, THAT SOMEBODY MIXED UP IN ALL THAT MURDERED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE.

I mean, come on. I understand that not every young kid that flirts with the dark side is a murderer, but you might expect that among them, a few psycho cases might hang out.

I cannot believe that these people let some 20-yr-old "Sick-o" as he seems to fancy himself come into their home with their younger daughters.

I have to say this again: BIG SURPRISE THERE. I wish they'd lived to regret it and tell others about the bad experience. Instead, four lives lost to apparently unspeakable violence.

I could say, why didn't they just let the guy in wearing a sign that said, "I'm a psycho killer who will torture and slay your whole family"? Oh, wait, that's exactly what they did.

this appears to be a message posted by his sister (comment on Sept. 20 5:55 p.m.):

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=99021159&blogId=510828718

interesting that his guilt doesn't seem to be in question by those who know him best

That was a very interesting read. But the time and date you gave are off. It is September 21, 2009 - 12:55 AM, currently the last comment on the second comment page. She goes by the screen name SarahThiZZle and appears to be involved in the same music/culture...horror-rap.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=99021159&blogId=510828718

I understand that. What I meant is, why did the parents let a strange man stay at their home? Seems odd if the daughter was only 16.

They not only let him stay in their home, they apparently let their 16 year old daughter travel from Virginia to Michigan with him to attend a Horrorcore festival called "Strictly For The Wicked"

Now keep in mind that her mom was an Associate Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice Studies at Longwood University and her dad is a minister!!

They not only let him stay in their home, they apparently let their 16 year old daughter travel from Virginia to Michigan with him to attend a Horrorcore festival called "Strictly For The Wicked"

Now keep in mind that her mom was an Associate Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice Studies at Longwood University and her dad is a minister!!

I can't even wrap my mind around that.

I should make clear here that I am not saying these people got what they deserved, or anything near it, but my god, take the clues you are given!

This is why kids HAVE parents: to say, "whoa there, maybe that's not such a great idea" when they start inviting over declared wannabe serial killers.... (well, that's one reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member