VA VA - Culpeper, 10 Hispanic teens 13-17, Jul'21 - Feb'22

Here's an updated list of the currently missing teens from Culpeper:
Everado Lopez Juarez, 16, missing 8/9/18: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Ingrid Ceferina Pana-Gualna, 15, missing 7/5/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Edwin Giovanni Morales Velasquez, 17, missing 10/31/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Ofelia Migdalia Gomez Perez, 17, missing 11/13/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Alexander Perez Mendez, 17, missing 12/3/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Juan Ical Pop, 17, missing 12/10/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Nelson Chub Tzi, 16, missing 12/13/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Edgar Yovanny Ax Tun, 17, missing 12/18/21: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Fredy Alexander Rax Quib, 17, missing 2/21/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Wilson Adilio Ba Bac, 17, missing 7/5/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Luis Brayan Choc-Yaxcal, 16, missing 7/28/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Marvin Morales Garcia, 14, missing 8/3/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Jose Milton Cho Sacul, 17, missing 9/2/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Esdras Nehemias Sun Pop, 15, missing 9/13/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Candelaria Caal Coc, 15, missing 9/13/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Lorena Maribel Gabriel Jimenez, 15, missing 10/28/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Fredy Alexander Sacul Che, 16, missing 12/2/22: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The NamUs pages for Fredy Xi Ical and Wendy Cucul Caal have both been taken down, so they've presumably been located.
17 names on this list…Too many to not be connected. IMO

For a town that has a population of 21,166 in 2023, that is A LOT of missing kids!

You would think if they went from one family member's house to another someone would know where they are. The fact that no one is saying I find worrisome. JMO
The only thing I can think of is that the family members they're running away to be with are undocumented immigrants who are afraid to come forward. But there's just too many missing kids for that to be the case for every single one of them.

Also, just how are these kids slipping away from their own homes with nobody noticing? I assume they didn't drive away since no car descriptions were provided (and some of them are too young to drive to begin with). Did someone else pick them up and drive away with them? Did they take public transit? Again, my #1 theory is human trafficking. Human trafficking isn't always sex trafficking, a lot of times people are trafficked for labour. Immigrants in particular are often targeted for labor trafficking, and a lot of these kids apparently ran away to go work in another state, so...

It also seems like these kids immigrated on their own with no parent/guardian/adult, which is why they were living with sponsors. That probably makes them even more vulnerable.

MOO, this seems to be mostly human trafficking, not serial killer. There is likely some arrangements made for these children to go work and send money home while receiving room and board from their employers. Based on the above article and what I've seen here in Florida it wouldn't surprise me.

Migrant workers are frequently exploited and abused. Imagine being a child migrant with parents in your home country depending on you to send money back for your siblings. That would be such a desperate situation.

Apparently there needs to be more oversight to protect the vulnerable children that the U.S places in homes. Who would have thought?

Hopefully Ofelia has been located and is safe. I'll go through the other pages and see if any more have been taken down.

I also checked NamUs again and another Guatemalan teen, Griselda Choc Choc, went missing last week, on April 7. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There's also 16-year-old Horlandina Perez Lopez (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)) and her 10-month-old son Jonathan (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)) who went missing in October. They weren't added to NamUs until a few days ago.

Horlandina and Jonathan have their own thread here: VA - VA - Horlandina Gabrielita Lopez Perez, 16, Jonathan, 9 mo., Central American refugee, Culpeper, 1 Oct 2022

I found this article from April 2022, and it states that 'about 10' Central Ammerican immigrant kids had gone missing and they were all believed to be runaways. It also gives some info on the sponsorships; typically the sponsors are family members or community members. The only child the article names or provides any details about is Fredy Xi Ical (called 'Fredy Gustavo' in the article), who I assume has been located since his NamUs has been taken down. Apparently Fredy's mother didn't think he was truly missing and believed he ran away to go work in another state... Keep in mind he was 13. Hopefully he was found safe and is doing well, and isn't involved in some sort of child labor situation.
The only other article I've been able to find is subscription locked. It seems to be about Ofelia Gomez Perez. Culpeper PD seeking runaway teen last seen in town Nov. 13
Sounds like LE is frustrated, lack of cooperation from immigration and sponsors, leave little to no leads.

Moo...the children may have joined gangs, working in agriculture, obtained fake IDs, and/or involved in trafficking.

I wonder if immigration keeps up with the children, if not WHY?
Moo

Sad we can't come together to find these children.

Is there a seasonal migrant population that works through Culpeper?

Culpeper’s scenic views, lakes, rivers and woodlands, are enhanced by agriculture--a mainstay of the community. Culpeper County is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has some of the state’s most fertile farmland. Farmers produced 3,700 acres of feed corn, 35,000 acres of hay and graze more than 28,000 head of cattle according the 2007 Census of Agriculture.

Interestingly, other corn produced in the County is used for distilling state licensed moonshine for sale in Virginia ABC stores. Viticulture is also a growing sector of the County’s agriculture for Virginia wineries. Farmers here also take advantage of the fields and meadows to of them.

Agricultural Acreage in 2007: 111,370 acres
Number of Farms: 667
Number of Farm Markets: 2
Top three to five Agricultural Products: Nursery and green houses, Cattle & Calves, and Corn.

Total Local Economic Contribution of Agriculture:

That general Northern VA area is thought of as almost a different state from the rest of VA. The general culture is not the same. As in, there is not much of a country culture like the western/middle part, or historic black culture like the eastern part.

It is mostly a mix of wealthier people and international working class people who commute in to the big cities to work. Kids do go missing from that region, and are often kids of color or low economic means. If you run the numbers, a disproportionate number of kids go missing from that area of VA and the coastline than from other states. Mostly teens.

Yes there are large vineyards and farms, large estates, but also parents commuting in to work who can’t watch their kids as well so their kids may get into harms way. Just what I have noticed from living here and paying attention.

Sounds like LE is frustrated, lack of cooperation from immigration and sponsors, leave little to no leads.

Moo...the children may have joined gangs, working in agriculture, obtained fake IDs, and/or involved in trafficking.

I wonder if immigration keeps up with the children, if not WHY?
Moo

Sad we can't come together to find these children.
Here’s the problem with that theory, Culpeper is a rural town. 22 hispanic woman are currently missing in the ENTIRE state of VA. 1/3 of those are from Culpeper which can’t be the only town where immigrants and sponsors are located. These numbers don’t number well.

Is there a seasonal migrant population that works through Culpeper?
I just stumbled upon this subject on another site and did some research. Culpeper is a stop on the horse show circuit on the east coast. Most horse trainers hire central and South American men, mostly undocumented to work as grooms (take care of the horses). Teenagers will often say that they are older than they really are with the youngest age they say they are being around 16. Job includes cash and housing. When the horse show rolls into a town, it's not uncommon for the Latinos to find the local Hispanic restaurants, bars, and markets. There is a high turnover rate with help so quite often one of these guys will try to recruit a fellow Latino to come work and is willing to teach them how to do it. A lot of times they will charge the person for getting them the job. When the show is over, they pack up and go with the horses to the next show. On the list, 7 of the missing happen to disappear while the show was there. The circuit moves to FL in the winters with most people from the northeast heading down in December. As far as the females go, a lot of these workers that are really adults and some well into adulthood, seem to prefer the teenagers. They will sometimes lure the girl to leave town with them only to be fired days later when their employer finds out or to be given the choice to lose the girl or the job when they have extra bodies to house. They are left in whatever town the show is in. I would be curious if any of these missing were related or close to each other.

On a side note, nobody on the list was from 2020, Covid lockdowns

I just stumbled upon this subject on another site and did some research. Culpeper is a stop on the horse show circuit on the east coast. Most horse trainers hire central and South American men, mostly undocumented to work as grooms (take care of the horses). Teenagers will often say that they are older than they really are with the youngest age they say they are being around 16. Job includes cash and housing. When the horse show rolls into a town, it's not uncommon for the Latinos to find the local Hispanic restaurants, bars, and markets. There is a high turnover rate with help so quite often one of these guys will try to recruit a fellow Latino to come work and is willing to teach them how to do it. A lot of times they will charge the person for getting them the job. When the show is over, they pack up and go with the horses to the next show. On the list, 7 of the missing happen to disappear while the show was there. The circuit moves to FL in the winters with most people from the northeast heading down in December. As far as the females go, a lot of these workers that are really adults and some well into adulthood, seem to prefer the teenagers. They will sometimes lure the girl to leave town with them only to be fired days later when their employer finds out or to be given the choice to lose the girl or the job when they have extra bodies to house. They are left in whatever town the show is in. I would be curious if any of these missing were related or close to each other.

On a side note, nobody on the list was from 2020, Covid lockdowns
That makes sense. Sadly these workers are so replaceable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back