VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should exhaust all current leads before looking at others. The more who know of this the more crazy theories will come out.

Just a thought

And there will be trolls and attention seekers on social media. We need to accommodate that too. The hard evidence is good though. I am praying that this pans out

He looks so vibrant, happy and alive in the new photos. It just breaks my heart

Doesn't he? Looks like a kind soul.

That imgur post submitted by Greymetal has thousands and thousands if views, it's circulating FB, Reddit and of course here! It's great news no one has come forward yet and said "hey! False lead that's me/my family member".

I have a lot of hope

Tweet it, too! We need to saturate every outlet possible! It's amazing how much interest this is generating!

Has anyone considered handing out flyers at sports games in South Carolina? The USC Trojans have a few upcoming games. Just a thought.

Also, my Walmart here in Texas has a missing persons bulletin board inside the front doors. Maybe post a few flyers around SC Wal-Mart's if they have the bulletin boards, too.

Jbluesky;

Be sure to keep us updated with the local news and your post on Facebook! :D

Please see the new post if you'd like to help contact - Task Delegation; What tasks/suggestions/enquiries are you currently working on?

Hello to my favourite sleuths!

So, as we are all aware, we are in the heightened mode at the moment of wanting to to a million things at one time! We are all so excited! We have an amazing lead, and we want to make sure that it is followed as thoroughly as possible. Every single poster on these threads has been wonderful. Making suggestions, offering tips, asking to help.. It is heartwarming, and it has brought me to tears a few times, seeing just how much all of you care about our boy, and his plight.

Our darling Roselvr, made the suggestion of delegation, and ensuring that multiple people aren't contacting multiple places, agencies, media outlets or people.

So, this post was born! (All credit to Roselvr). There is an older version of this, but I figured with the new leads we could do with a new one! This will make sure our efforts are streamlined, and succinct. I will up date this every evening with information (I'm sorry if I've seemed slack on the updates, just work is busy! Luckily, I don't need much sleep, so I'm happy to work away at nighttime!)

Okay, so, I'll break up some topics and areas. If you have made enquiries into these areas - Please let me know, what the specific area is and what you were seeking information about. A lot of you have already told us what you are doing; But if you could post here, it would be wonderful (That way, I know we have permission to publicly say what you are doing) If you don't want your username posted publicly, swing me a PM and I will add what you have done with a code name :)

If anyone has a better idea to organise this all; Please let me know! I'm open to any suggestions and changes! :D :D

SOUTH CAROLINA:
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to South Carolina, Charleston and Myrtle Beach

ILLINOIS:
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and Illinois

VIRGINIA:
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to Virginia

NEW YORK STATE:
- GM posted enquiry to subreddits dedicated to Albany and New York State
- Roselvr made two posts regarding the 1995 Grateful Dead Knickbocker arena concerthttp://www.dead.net/show/june-21-1995?page=1#comment-590591

VERMONT:

MUSIC SCENES:

THE MEDIA:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:

MEDICAL:

EDUCATION (SCHOOLS OR COLLEGES):

EMPLOYMENT:

SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITES:
- Message received by GM by user of PT Forums

INDIVIDUAL USERS:

You're very welcome! I just think it's easier to keep track of who's doing what & to make sure a million WS members are not contacting the same people which could really back fire!. We're all good at different things/ areas; better to have multiple people that can spread the word faster.

As you can see below, I used your 2 posts from Current Leads; Facts and Updates on the Grateful Dead concert site

Made 4 posts
Knickerbocker Arena - June 21, 1995
Knickerbocker Arena - June 22, 1995

Robert F. Kennedy Stadium - June 24, 1995
Robert F. Kennedy Stadium - June 25, 1995

Has anyone considered handing out flyers at sports games in South Carolina? The USC Trojans have a few upcoming games. Just a thought.

Also, my Walmart here in Texas has a missing persons bulletin board inside the front doors. Maybe post a few flyers around SC Wal-Mart's if they have the bulletin boards, too.

good idea but the usc trojans are in southern california, not south carolina.

Is there a "current/new" flyer or article with the updated mission which can be posted to Facebook?
I do not use facebook but have a local Charleston, SC business (daughter runs social media) which my daughter could post something to. We have access to the bar scene, local events, and some media, as well as the public in this age range.

I posted on the current leads, facts and updates thread and would like to help when things become a little more organized. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?267478-Current-Leads-Facts-and-Updates/page3

JMO

Ok, went back to the webz. The South Carolina college teams are South Carolina Gamecocks & the Clemson Tigers. So if anybody in the area can find an upcoming game & has the time, then that is an idea.

#1 I want to congradulate you, Greymetal for all this publicity that GD is getting. #2 I have a question since you posted the interview with the friend of Eric/Michael and the other sorts of contacts. CIIW That Eric's gf at the time wore skirts with patterns and such, much like "Jason in the picture?" And can we get Eric/Michael to confirm that this was the guy in the car with him by showing Eric the picture? I didn't know if it'd been asked before, apologies for a repeat. JMO

Has anyone tried posting this on tumblr?

Tumblr is a strange animal. You only get the attention if people "share" your post & then their followers share the post also, and theirs share, and theirs share etc etc over & over. So hundreds of people have to see your post, but if nobody shares it, there it stops.

Tumblr is a strange animal. You only get the attention if people "share" your post & then their followers share the post also, and theirs share, and theirs share etc etc over & over. So hundreds of people have to see your post, but if nobody shares it, there it stops.

Yeah I know, lol. But I could make a post and see where that gets us? I have nearly 2,700 followers, so...

And can we get Eric/Michael to confirm that this was the guy in the car with him by showing Eric the picture? I didn't know if it'd been asked before, apologies for a repeat. JMO

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, ever! I've been following this case for so, so long. I first learned of it from my dad, who is a huge deadhead, when I was just a kid. I never understood how someone's friends and family could go so long without missing or trying to ID them. Now that I have been in the festival circuit and had a lot of experiences in the scene, that doesn't seem like much of a mystery to me anymore. But growing up Gratefully Deadicated, here I am, haunted by Grateful Doe and dying to give him his name back.
I hope I can contribute somewhat. Thank you all for everything you're doing.

Jenstar, I don't quite understand your question- are you asking if someone can contact Eric and ask him about Jay? He died in the wreck too. I'm sure his girlfriend and family were interviewed thoroughly and they didn't know anything about GDoe. But it's been speculated that Eric and his girlfriend were into the scene and may have been planning on attending RFK or other GD shows. Does anyone know if Eric's girlfriend is still around? Although she may not have any more information to offer, one thing I've really been wondering about this whole time is who was the other RFK ticket in GDoe's pocket for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74