VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far between my personal post on my page and my post on Horry Classifieds, it has been shared by at least 60 people in the Myrtle Beach area. I don't know how to track if those posts have been shared as well by their friends (pyramid effect).

I've not heard an update yet for my friend who works at the news station (WPDE News Channel 15).

I was able to get a contact email for how I can get a yearbook from Saint James Middle School to follow up on that lead. I emailed her and am waiting on a reply.

The internet stuff I can mostly do during the week.... As far as going out physically and putting up flyers, visiting shops etc, I will mostly only be able to do these things on the weekends (work and child at home makes that part a little difficult during the week).

Is anybody working on a flyer/poster by any chance that I could print out and put up? I could try to mess around in my spare time, but I don't have spiffy software and would need input as far as what exactly to put on the poster. It's a hard case to break down to a few sentences and explain why we are asking if anybody remembers him from 20+ years ago.
I can do a poster but it won't be until tonight. Thanks J

I wonder if we contacted McDonald's directly; would they be able to pinpoint who "team leaders" were back in the 1990's. I know McD's has a high turnover rate and the chances are slim that anyone would remember a crew member, unless they worked really closely with them. So the next best thing would be a "team lead/supervisor" and working up from there. JMO

Sebastien may be a fit but his eyes look too dark and open to me. Jmo

I agree. Sebastien but not the others. The eyes don't bother me with Sebastien, but the hair does (only a little). I think the other boys would be too old. Somewhere I saw that the ME said GD was no more than 21 years old, and likely a teenager.

I saw that too but I broadened my search results because if he was abducted or ran away from Canada he would probably lie about his age or be raised to think he was a different age.

I saw that too but I broadened my search results because if he was abducted or ran away from Canada he would probably lie about his age or be raised to think he was a different age.

If Jason/Jay pic is GD he would not have been able to get a job at McD's if he was Canadian.
The Jay/Jason I met whom I believe to be GD was 1000% not from Canada.

That's what I thought too GDFamily :)
So if he worked at McDonald's he needed a SSN
If he was missing from Canada at a young age he wouldn't seem Canadian as a teen/young adult but he still wouldn't have a SSN
Assuming Jay is GDoe he's definitely not Canadian
But if he's not our doe, the Canadian route could be likely.
I believe your Jay is our doe. I live in Minneapolis and have close friends in St Louis, MO. I'm sooo tempted to take a trip to Champaign and immerse myself in this completely.

That's what I thought too GDFamily :)
So if he worked at McDonald's he needed a SSN
If he was missing from Canada at a young age he wouldn't seem Canadian as a teen/young adult but he still wouldn't have a SSN
Assuming Jay is GDoe he's definitely not Canadian
But if he's not our doe, the Canadian route could be likely.

Could've been paid cash under the table, and if so - no SS# needed. Someone said "Jason from Illinois" was having some sort of affair with his supervisor at McDs, so she theoretically could've arranged to pay him under the table. I personally didn't know my SS# until I was 18 only because it was also my student ID in college.

As far as bank accounts go, Jay/Jason strikes me as the kind of person that used check cashing places. No harm in trying, though.

And if he was being paid under the table, maybe they both ended up losing their jobs because of it or at some point it became obvious later on, which would make finding the manager or his employment record a little easier. Was it determined whether that McDonald's was run by corporate or as a separately owned franchise in 1995? If it was owned by someone, maybe they gave Jay a job without a SSN by choice or with influence from the supervisor he was involved with. If it was run by the corporation it'd be much harder to slide that past them, I would imagine. And a runaway or someone disowned by his family might have his SS card/number & birth certificate but it seems a little bit unlikely to me.

People need to keep sharing the pictures on twitter, facebook, imgur, and of course - the news media and online groups & bars around the Myrtle Beach area. Someone will recognize him. It might take a few weeks but someone will.

Could've been paid cash under the table, and if so - no SS# needed. Someone said "Jason from Illinois" was having some sort of affair with his supervisor at McDs, so she theoretically could've arranged to pay him under the table. I personally didn't know my SS# until I was 18 only because it was also my student ID in college.

You can not arrange to pay someone from McDonalds under the table. It is a major corporation. Back then was before franchising.

I think we need to not look too deep into this.

If GD is the new photo from Illinois he needed a social and ID to get his job. This debunks any Canadian theory, Amish theory, Etc.

Even if he was with the manager he would have needed to have basic information to be hired. If he was at a store or a bodagea he could have been under the table.

You can not arrange to pay someone from McDonalds under the table. It is a major corporation. Back then was before franchising.

I think we need to not look too deep into this.

If GD is the new photo from Illinois he needed a social and ID to get his job. This debunks any Canadian theory, Amish theory, Etc.

Even if he was with the manager he would have needed to have basic information to be hired. If he was at a store or a bodagea he could have been under the table.

I agree not to look to deep into it. Just fyi - the idea of getting paid cash under the table came to me because I did it. I was a shift supervisor at a very similar establishment, also for a major corporation that will remain unnamed here, and paid someone under the table to wash dishes because they didn't know their ss# and just wanted a short-term job.

Anyway - i don't think he was canadian and I do hope the McDonalds lead & info gets GD a last name.

I totally agree with you GDFamily but until we confirm or rule out Jay as GDoe it's still good to navigate other possibilities. If the lead goes nowhere, at least we have something right? Something that would explain why no one claimed him in the US...a much happier explanation than that they didn't care.
I still feel really strongly that your Jay is Grateful Doe. Especially since he hasn't come out of the woodwork to claim the photo as his, and no one else has either. If he wasn't GDoe I feel like we would have an inkling of that by now.
I'm in no way saying that Jay was from Canada. I'm saying if GDoe isn't Jay, it could be another avenue of investigation.
But we do need to exhaust all leads before thinking of it in those terms. So let's all keep sharing and trying to locate your Jay! :)

I posted on the possible thread but wanted to catch up with you all here-did any of you send the info to the ME? You have enough to get some skull imaging done.

WE HAVE A NEW PHOTO;

http://imgur.com/6rTVIWC

Can someone please update to all over ongoing threads? On my phone and struggling to update to here!

Let me know if link doesn't work!

And huge thank you's to the wonderful person supplying me with photos!!! :)

WE HAVE A NEW PHOTO;

http://imgur.com/6rTVIWC

Can someone please update to all over ongoing threads? On my phone and struggling to update to here!

Let me know if link doesn't work!

And huge thank you's to the wonderful person supplying me with photos!!! :)

greymetal where did you get that pic from? Is it of Jay? How exciting! Sorry if you mentioned that already, I must have missed it

This is from one of the three men in contact with me from lead 1! :D it is of 'Jason' :)

call me crazy---- it's happened before.

in the pictures i've seen of 'grateful doe', it seems as if his pointer and middle finger have more webbing that the others.
in the last picture posted, it looks as if the others in the photo have the same?
i look at hands all.day.long, and this is what I noticed first in the photo of I saw of hippie in a tie die/skirt with cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74