VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a date or estimated date for that photo? The hair seems much more similar to Grateful Doe there.

for some reason i think he colored his hair red with either 'manic panic' or 'kool-aid'

Out of curiosity, what is that picture from? There's so many people around him! Also, I just gotta smile at the Birks' and socks :)

he has massive hands in that pic. and definitely looks more like the black and white composite image to me than any other pic has.

Apologize if this has been suggested. But can we possibly get the Serial twitter account and/or Sarah Koenig to retweet the pictures of Jason. They have a ridiculous amount of followers due to the success of Serial.

Please consider sending this to the ME for GD if it hasnt been done yet.

Apologize if this has been suggested. But can we possibly get the Serial twitter account and/or Sarah Koenig to retweet the pictures of Jason. They have a ridiculous amount of followers due to the success of Serial.

Quoting my own post. I tweeted the buzzfeed link to Serial, This American Life and Rabia Chaudry asking them to retweet. Maybe, just maybe!

he has massive hands in that pic. and definitely looks more like the black and white composite image to me than any other pic has.

That Black & White composite was very good. It's a shame there weren't variations on it such as angle and hair length.

I can't help but wonder about the details of this new photo! Only because it looks like a family function to me. If it happens to be Jason's family, then that could be a huge help in identifying anyone from the photo (if it weren't blurred, although I understand why it is). But I supposed theres also a great chance that it could be the lead's family and Jason was brought along, because otherwise why would the lead have this photo of Jason and his family? lol I'd love to know if there's a chance at getting anyone else in that photo to see it...

Are any of these people submitting this new pic part of the "Rainbow People" movement? This might be relevant if the pic is indeed Jason "Grateful Doe." (It would help explain some of his travels.)

I am personally really hoping there is something to this new pic....

I can't help but wonder about the details of this new photo! Only because it looks like a family function to me. If it happens to be Jason's family, then that could be a huge help in identifying anyone from the photo (if it weren't blurred, although I understand why it is). But I supposed theres also a great chance that it could be the lead's family and Jason was brought along, because otherwise why would the lead have this photo of Jason and his family? lol I'd love to know if there's a chance at getting anyone else in that photo to see it...
I was thinking the same thing, roxy. Is there anything that can be shared about the photo's context without identifying anyone in it? Even a very general statement saying that the others are relatives of the person who provided the photo and, therefore, have no connection, would help. Is it possible to know where (the state, not a specific city) it was taken, when (the year, not the date), and any other very general details that would still keep everyone's identities protected?

Can't stress enough that I completely respect if nothing can be shared.

Have these pictures/leads been sent to Jason Does Case Manager? That's crucial and I'm worried it's so obvious that it may not have been done in all the excitement.

The Case Manager/ME can easily compare these new pics to the autopsy pictures.

I worked with the VA ME a while ago while we were ruling in/out Jason Reynolds. He has the access to Grateful Dead Doe if he is still at the ME's office. He is incredibly smart and very compassionate. I will post again if he is still at the helm.

I worked with the VA ME a while ago while we were ruling in/out Jason Reynolds. He has the access to Grateful Dead Doe if he is still at the ME's office. He is incredibly smart and very compassionate. I will post again if he is still at the helm.

That would be wonderful, believe09. I just want to be sure this step hasn't been skipped!

Personally I don't think the pictures of Jason should be sent until his identity is known. I don't think there is much point for the case manager to be bothered just to look at a photo that is not going to lead to anything unless there is more information associated with who this actually is. I think a little patience would be a good thing here. Jmo.

Ok. I thought the driver survived. Dangit! Thanks for clarifying it for me. Yea, for some reason I thought that someone said that Eric's gf also wore patterend skirts. And the funny thing is; I have a skirt around here somewhere similar to "Jay in the picture." Sadly, I bought mine about 8 years ago from wal-mart. I know that the "skirt/pants" may not be an identifier for "Jay in the picture" and/or GDF; but I wonder if that was just an alternative choice on his part, or maybe his sexuality could be an identifier? Heck, you never know..maybe he decided to wear a skirt because his underwear were in the wash, and he just wanted to dry out his manparts. LOL JMO

The other guy in the pic is also wearing a skirt. I was wondering if it was for a party or if they just wore skirts. It would definitely be something people would remember.

Personally I don't think the pictures of Jason should be sent until his identity is known. I don't think there is much point for the case manager to be bothered just to look at a photo that is not going to lead to anything unless there is more information associated with who this actually is. I think a little patience would be a good thing here. Jmo.

Respectfully, we also dont know what is already in that case file. This could be the loose end that ties it all together. I understand your thinking and reasoning for sure. The ME, for example, likely has access to federal facial recognition software. If you guys have targeted certain states and if the ME does some imaging comparisons that are promising with this candidate, the pictures that have been uncovered here can be used to bring up DL and/or identity cards for some of those states. I worked with a living Doe and we had images loaded into federal facial recognition software. It is pretty cool and not accessible in every jurisdiction. The bonus of being near the DC area is that this ME has access to a lot.

Just a thought here but as a trained cosmetologist I would note that his hair in this new picture is similar to the length of his hair in the sketch, and also it is blonde enough here that it would easily take to a temporary red dye like manic panic or kool-aid. Darker hair wouldn't show the red as well. And since the picture was obviously taken in warmer weather it could have been shortly before he died making his hair length correct if the composite is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria