VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
christine2448 said:
Did you ever find out if this had been already researched? These people were contacted? The outcome?
Well I found this post on another thread here at Websleuths, by Trying2ID....
The things I know...
1. Caroline Thomas claims to not be Caroline T from the note.
2. JD hit the windshield of the van and then a pine tree on the other side of the glass. So height could be off some.
3. The LE doesn't remember hardly anything about the case and refuses to pick up the file and give me any information.... such as scars, birthmarks, or former injuries. (He was quoted in an article that he has been bothered by this case since it happened, yet when I spoke with him, he knew nothing.)
4. The rumor about him be Chris Rainbow and know LSD dealer at GD concerts.... This is not the person and No the DEA officers do not know anyone by that name. I have spoken with a very dear friend of mine that knows how much this means to me, so believe he would tell me the truth.

Things that I wonder about...
1. This young man had perfect well cared for teeth... where was his tooth brush when the accident happened?
2. If he had bought the tickect outside the concert... where did the money come from?
3. If he bought the shirt at the concert... where is the the short he wore to the concert?
4. He died over 10 years ago... When will LE stop the privacy crap? They do not have time to help this young man, so why not release information to me, someone that is willing to give any extra time I have to this young man.
5. How no one can not know who he is.....

Now for the BIG one...
I believe this young man is Ricky Lee Jones. Jones and his girfriend ran away from TX when he found out she was only 14 years old. She was later killed by a serial killer, but Ricky was charged with the murder before the real killer was known. Ricky and his siblings were removed from their family before he ran away and therefore, the FBI made the only missing persons report on him. Thus why no one has claimed him. BUT no one wants to check because everyone believes he was also killed by Rhoades. He picked up his girls in truckstops... I would think a couple of kids hitchhiking may use truckstops. Also, why would Rhoades kill a male... all his victims were females.

http://doenetwork.us/cases/1319dmtx.html

How far fetched do I sound on this???

I haven't seen Trying2ID on websleuths in awhile, but I know he posted his email on this thread trying2id@yahoo.com and he said he had 2 pictures of "Jason" and he would email a copy if requested...

My thought has always been that he was a recently graduated high school senior that had brushes with the law with drugs and whose parents had probably wrote him off anyway - thus not looking for him and/or possibly not reporting him missing as it would have been a violation of his probation or some such. =)

Just the time of year and the money he spent at the show and stuff possibly being a graduation present seems like a decent theory...

pardilia said:
My thought has always been that he was a recently graduated high school senior that had brushes with the law with drugs and whose parents had probably wrote him off anyway - thus not looking for him and/or possibly not reporting him missing as it would have been a violation of his probation or some such. =)

Just the time of year and the money he spent at the show and stuff possibly being a graduation present seems like a decent theory...
I don't know about the graduating and using money he had gotten as graduation presents for the tickets and shirt. But I would say that you might be onto something with the drugs and his parents writing him off... the reason for him not being reported missing!
I was thinking he probably had gotten into the whole deadhead lifestyle, that would explain him really not having any possesions or money on him. It's possible that he had been traveling with the Caroline's and had left his stuff with them, maybe they were supposed to meet up at the RFK show. And they had sent the note through some other deadhead, that they knew was going to the show. So he got word and called the number, and made arrangements to meet with them, got a ride headed in the direction to where they were at. Then maybe they were all going to travel to the next show together. But he never made it.
The question I've always had is did LE ever call the number? I know they didn't have the area code but how hard could it have been to call all and any matching area codes for that prefix? It wouldn't do much good now to call it's been 11 years, odds are the number no longer belongs to Caroline('s). But LE could probably trace the number back and find out what cell company has that number and possibly who had it in 1995. I just don't think it's that important to them. If not they should release that information so that someone who does care can investigate it further.
But I do think "Trying2ID" has a point with Ricky Lee Jones http://doenetwork.us/cases/1319dmtx.html
you have to admit it's a strong resemblance to "Jason"!

Amy Noel said:
I don't know about the graduating and using money he had gotten as graduation presents for the tickets and shirt. But I would say that you might be onto something with the drugs and his parents writing him off... the reason for him not being reported missing!
The reason I was thinking about it being graduation present money is when I was in high school around the time the boy was discovered, most of the kids who were fans were children of affluent parents...the kind that would pay to get their kids out of trouble and whatnot. I could always see him being of that particular "crowd." Particularly if his hair *is* a dye job - possible connection of still being 'well-groomed' to fit in with the affluent society. FILA shoes were also terribly popular at this time and rather expensive (a comparable shoe would be the Air Jordans of today). One of those items someone would get to "fit in" with the popular crowd...not something I'd really think of a deadhead wearing.

pardilia said:
The reason I was thinking about it being graduation present money is when I was in high school around the time the boy was discovered, most of the kids who were fans were children of affluent parents...the kind that would pay to get their kids out of trouble and whatnot. I could always see him being of that particular "crowd." Particularly if his hair *is* a dye job - possible connection of still being 'well-groomed' to fit in with the affluent society. FILA shoes were also terribly popular at this time and rather expensive (a comparable shoe would be the Air Jordans of today). One of those items someone would get to "fit in" with the popular crowd...not something I'd really think of a deadhead wearing.
You are correct on the shoes, I do remember those being fairly popular in the mid 90's. I guess anything is possible! I would have to wonder though, that if his family did have money and he was a highschool graduate and was given $ and gifts, that they were probably very proud of him and he probably wouldn't have been into drugs atleast to the extent of them thinking he would wander off and dissapper and they wouldn't think anything of it! If that were the case they would surely have reported him missing and looked for him.
I don't know... There so much here that just doesn't add up. He was a young man, maybe even as young as 16. And no one has identified him in 11 years?
I just hope someday real soon this mystery will be solved!!!

Here is another grateful dead fan that was killed in an auto accident and was unidentified...
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/178umga.html
when you go to this page scroll to the bottom and click on
source information: FCMEO
then click on Press Items, then scroll down to click on Pre-2003 UID cases,
then click on the COLD cases, then just scroll down until you see pic
96-1115, if you right click on the pic you can save and then pull it up to zoom in ... I am not telling you this to be morbid but it is an actual pic of him and better to compare to....
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1183dmmd.html
I think this resemblance is unbelievable!!! And if you notice the height of both is exactly 6'2 , the weight you cannot compare because the unidentified was in the hospital for a year.... I don't know why they did not put his weight for when he arrived at the hospital? If you notice it also says tattoos were recent so he could have gotten them since he left. Also David's missing poster says he travelled throughout numerous different states, California, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida and Canada. So he could have been in Ga.
Anyway looking for some feedback from all of you!!!

Well I have sent it in as a possible match to the Fulton County ME. DNA is available for both, so we will see?

Articles referencing this are:

'A somber glimmer of hope', Baltimore Sun, 10/20/2001
'DNA shows crash victim isn't missing man', Baltimore Sun, 11/9/2001

marylandmissing said:
Articles referencing this are:

If the DNA samples match, Mulligan will know that the "John Doe" in Georgia is her son, Donald Lee Izzett Jr., who left for a California vacation in May 1995 and never returned.
In the years since Donald disappeared, Mulligan has looked at hundreds of pictures of missing children on Internet sites. She has badgered police to devote more time to their investigation and angrily complained when their reported findings raised disturbing questions about her son's life.

According to a case summary posted on a state police Web site, Donald spent the summer of 1995 on an odyssey through gay communities in Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi. The report describes the friend who accompanied Donald to California as his boyfriend, and refers to fights between the two that led Donald to travel to Canada and then Florida

"I'm numb," said [Debra Mulligan], who had become convinced since she submitted a DNA sample taken from her mouth for comparison purposes that the accident victim was her son, Donald Lee Izzett Jr.

Izzett's case came to the attention of the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office in July when a Parkville man who monitors missing- persons Web sites alerted the office to physical similarities between Izzett and the unidentified accident victim in Georgia. [Carol A. Terry]'s office posts pictures of its unidentified cases on its Web site.

The Fulton County office initiated DNA testing to compare tissue saved from the autopsy on the unidentified victim with a DNA sample given by Mulligan. Terry's office covered the $1,600 cost of testing.

Thanks! I wish they would post all possible matches that have been ruled out. It sure would help! Well I was beginning to doubt this one earlier today when it was brought to my attention that this "John Doe" had a "virgo" tattoo, which is not Izzett's zodiac sign. So I pulled up the other two possible matches that I've been looking at for him... and one of them is a "virgo"! Which now puts him at the top. Take a look and see what you think....
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1648dmca.html
and the "John Doe"
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/178umga.html

Amy Noel....

Your John Doe from above intrigued me http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/178umga.html

I had a tough time seeing Virgo in the one tattoo. It looked more like Virgon to me. I searched that and found that it was one of the 12 colonies in Battlestar Galactica. Here's the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Colonies

If you read the info about Virgon....

His age estimation is right to be "into" a 1978 show.

And, here's another thought on him. This kid kinda looked like him.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=812356&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
His hair looks so much darker in his actual photo than in the age progression.

LButler said:
oh, Cengiz's doe site lists him as being with some grateful dead fans.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1193dmca.html

But, it lists decayed front teeth for him. Doe's teeth do not look to be decayed.
He was actually one of the three I had thought were possibles...I actually already sent his name in as a possible match to LE... but haven't heard anything!

Amy Noel said:
that if his family did have money and he was a highschool graduate and was given $ and gifts, that they were probably very proud of him and he probably wouldn't have been into drugs at least to the extent of them thinking he would wander off and dissapper and they wouldn't think anything of it!
Not necessarily. It could have been friends and distant relatives giving the money because of social expectations and ignorance of what was really going on. He could have barely managed to graduate. =)

I just can't get over the shoes - they seem like such a major incongruency to me. I just keep thinking that maybe they were bought for him towards the beginning of the school year and during his last year in school he began to 'drift' from his regular crowd to a 'crowd' that was more about the Grateful Dead. Shoes are expensive and maybe if he wasn't doing well in school his parents refused to buy him new ones?

Or do I think too much about this? =p

Found a website that you can download the audio from the Dead concert that Jason Doe attended.

Kinda wierd thinking that he heard that live and then died so soon after.

It was taped by Tom Cooper and Dave Howard. It's a long shot, but maybe they knew "Jason."

Don't know how to follow up on it though.

http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=27450

Another weird internet find.

A picture of the crowd at the Dead concert that Jason attended. He's in there somewhere enjoying the concert and no doubt there are people in that picture that know who he is.

http://stash.nugs.net/attics/rfk95/default.asp

Ok, maybe I am missing something but wouldn't the description of Jason Doe be pretty accurate since they found him dead at the scene (red hair--LE should be able to tell if it were not the actual color etc.,Height 5'6). I am guessing that his face was very disfigured as a result of the accident. I hope someone ID's him soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK