VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the exposure, contrast, etc. in Photoshop and pulled out a lot more detail on the picture of the new tattoo (https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/17058) but I cannot upload to websleuths. I keep getting an error that the "upload failed." Anyone have some troubleshooting help for me so I can post this?

now i finally see something! i could see it being a skunk as others said, but if it's really a homemade tat, maybe it was supposed to be a dead bear, but fell short, and thats why it was unfinished?

wow that gave me a shiver it actually looks exctly like the start of a lion king imagine thats my daughter had in a dot to dot colouring book.. i remember because id been colouring the pages to do do aonething while giving up smoking years back

Not sure if someone here has came across this or not but I searched here but did not see this name listed.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/alt.gathering.rainbow/missing$20sister/alt.gathering.rainbow/lAtyPVg4LNg/BHRfU7jlXQgJ posted 4/1/01

"I may just be wasting your time but my wife'f brother has been missing for approximately 6 years. I have tried numerous wayto try and locate him with no luck. We know that he has attended many of the Rainbow Gatherings and so if there is any way someone could try and get him a message we would be very greatful. His name is Jason Mark Gilliland and is 30 years old. His sister is Shawna and she desperately wants to reach him. If you have any success please feel free to reach me by email or get a contact number for him and we can call. Like I said I doubt this will work because of how difficult this would be but I figured if he is still involved with your events that maybe someone could pass along the message and it might reach him."

I found a facebook page for someone matching the sister's name.

Not sure if someone here has came across this or not but I searched here but did not see this name listed.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/alt.gathering.rainbow/missing$20sister/alt.gathering.rainbow/lAtyPVg4LNg/BHRfU7jlXQgJ posted 4/1/01

"I may just be wasting your time but my wife'f brother has been missing for approximately 6 years. I have tried numerous wayto try and locate him with no luck. We know that he has attended many of the Rainbow Gatherings and so if there is any way someone could try and get him a message we would be very greatful. His name is Jason Mark Gilliland and is 30 years old. His sister is Shawna and she desperately wants to reach him. If you have any success please feel free to reach me by email or get a contact number for him and we can call. Like I said I doubt this will work because of how difficult this would be but I figured if he is still involved with your events that maybe someone could pass along the message and it might reach him."

just wanted to say thanks. one of these days one of the things we dig up will help figure out this guy was. this looks more promising than anything that's come up lately. i don't see any missing persons information about this guy but it could be a) he was located or b) it's one of those cases where the family doesn't report it because the person was a loner who dropped off the map a lot, which is what i've thought about john doe for a while.

Ya I found the sisters facebook too . I sent a msg just asking if he was still missing.... I didn't see him listed on her friends list or any of the other families friends list ( ones that were not set to private anyways) Facebook has that new 1.00 fee crap so the msg would just go to her "other" folder.. Hopefully she checks that. Probably a long shot, he would be a few years older than GDF but it looks like they have compared missing men that have been older...

Ya I found the sisters facebook too . I sent a msg just asking if he was still missing.... I didn't see him listed on her friends list or any of the other families friends list ( ones that were not set to private anyways) Facebook has that new 1.00 fee crap so the msg would just go to her "other" folder.. Hopefully she checks that. Probably a long shot, he would be a few years older than GDF but it looks like they have compared missing men that have been older...

yeah i keep thinking one of the biographical details about this guy (age, height, race, weight) have to be off enough that it's stopping us from getting a hit on the right person.

wow! this new jason seems promising for some reason. i wish they would have posed a picture of him on that rainbow gathering group.

i did some quick searching and see a jason mark gilliland with ties to NC, which fits with him headed south when the dead was headed northwest and rainbow was supposed to be out west (if i am remembering correctly)... here's hoping that you hear back from his sister soon!

odds are it is the same guy. happy for him and his family that he is ok! back to the drawing board with our jason... i am really leaning toward him never having been reported missing at all *sigh*

Totally kinda OT/kinda related question -- I got reamed and blacklisted by a PD and ME for simply mentioning I'd like FB info for a possible relative of an MP. I never once contacted the family but my posting on this forum was enough to get me booted from assisting the Detective and the ME. Are we allowed to contact possible family members? Does it vary by PD? I'm just wondering why I was treated so harshly and yet in all these other threads people are posting and contacting left and right. :/

Totally kinda OT/kinda related question -- I got reamed and blacklisted by a PD and ME for simply mentioning I'd like FB info for a possible relative of an MP. I never once contacted the family but my posting on this forum was enough to get me booted from assisting the Detective and the ME. Are we allowed to contact possible family members? Does it vary by PD? I'm just wondering why I was treated so harshly and yet in all these other threads people are posting and contacting left and right. :/

Ya I don't know. I wondered the same thing. I was careful and didn't mention WS or this GDF. Just inquired if he was still missing.

Lunatic- Good find! That probably is the same guy!

I did a search but didn't see ths covered - what are everyone's thoughts on Owen Redman for our Jason Doe? There's another thread about him, his brother has posted there...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74849

Didn't see it mentioned on this thread, but I'm not too bright so I may have missed it!

i am near certain he has been discussed before, as looking that his WS thread i can swear i've read it before. it way be on part 1 of this thread... not sure if owen is posted in the rule out thread.

i'd say since he is australian, the chances are slim that it is owen :/

ETA: Has that thread always been labeled possible match?????

Warner has been submitted as a possible match to Grateful Dead Doe.

Thank you "Little Lulu".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member