VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another picture released of her clothing.
missing1.jpg

http://wtkr.com/2014/09/15/police-searching-for-missing-uva-student-hannah-elizabeth-graham/

Lots of chatter on the attached link. Also, and this may be VERY important.... one poster noted that it was 4 years to the day that Samantha Clarke was also reported as missing (9/13 or 9/14)

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26533866/police-search-for-missing-uva-student

Everybody keeps mentioning it is the same date that Samantha Clarke disappeared...HOWEVER, if you followed Samantha's case at all, you would know that the person responsible for her disappearance is in jail for murdering and kidnapping Alexis Murphy. There are phone records of it. He called her right before she left her apartment. She was never seen again. :( The police have all the evidence except for her body and without that the case is very circumstantial. Hannah's disappearance has nothing to do with Samantha Clarke. However, it may be related to Morgan Harrington's case as it is close to the exact date that she disappeared from UVA in 2009. The whole regional area has a lot of women disappearing. There may be a serial killer or just several killers?

The outfit she was wearing that night seems really out of character. In all of the other photos I have seen she is dressed rather conservatively. Yes, it was Friday night, a party night and people often dress more provocatively when they set out to party. The change in her manner of dress vs. what she normally wears seems a little extreme to me. She even seems a little self-conscious in one of the photos of her in the hallway. Thoughts?

Everybody keeps mentioning it is the same date that Samantha Clarke disappeared...HOWEVER, if you followed Samantha's case at all, you would know that the person responsible for her disappearance is in jail for murdering and kidnapping Alexis Murphy. There are phone records of it. He called her right before she left her apartment. She was never seen again. :( The police have all the evidence except for her body and without that the case is very circumstantial. Hannah's disappearance has nothing to do with Samantha Clarke. However, it may be related to Morgan Harrington's case as it is close to the exact date that she disappeared from UVA in 2009. The whole regional area has a lot of women disappearing. There may be a serial killer or just several killers?

I agree but I guess since we have followed both cases it makes more sense.

The distance between where her last text was made (14th & Werland) and the Charlottesville Downtown mall is about 1.4 miles. It would take about 22 minutes to walk it. The walk would be on fairly major roads, as well as more remote areas. Here is a picture:

CVL Map.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Reg...6d14ccfa90!2m2!1d-78.4992484!2d38.0347557!3e2

A woman on a fb news outlet claims she saw her at the downtown mall that night between 12:30-2 and she called the police and gave them the info. I wonder where that is in reference to where she was with the party out of curiosity

And she was alone this whole time? That just seems very odd to me.

I just read about this on daily mail and immediately came on here to read the thread. This is so upsetting. I agree with the theories previously posted that someone could have abducted her and texted her friends that she was lost to try to throw people off. I feel like if she wandered off and was lost or disoriented due to alcohol poisoning she would have been found by now. Another possibility is maybe she was hit by a car and the person panicked and took her but I'm not sure how likely that is.

And she was alone this whole time? That just seems very odd to me.

According to this article, she went to the party with a friend. http://www.wric.com/story/26539767/crews-continue-search-for-missing-uva-student

Late Friday night, investigators say Graham and a friend went to a party just a few blocks from her home.

"She had been drinking quite a bit," said Charlottesville Police Captain Gary Pleasants. "She told him that she was leaving and going home. He asked if he could walk her home and she said no she was fine. He stayed and she left."

Police say for the next 45 minutes, Graham sent text messages to several friends.

"One text message said, 'I'm lost in the area of 14th and Wertland' which is the area she was in," detailed Pleasants. "It's in an area she's very familiar with."

Around 1 a.m., investigators say Graham's phone either died or was turned off.

No one has heard from her since.

But if she had been drinking heavily, familiar may not be so much so at that point. Kwim?

I hope LE are using tracking dogs to get her scent.

There is a parking deck at 14th and Wertland. I parked there one St. Patrick's day to meet my boyfriend out downtown. I wrote 14th and Wertland on my arm so I would remember where my car was in the morning. I was planning on partaking in lots of car bombs.

Downtown mall is (7 years ago) sketchy at night. He use to live near there. We got semi followed home one night when he was on the phone and not paying attention. I was paying attention. I alerted him to trouble.

I wish these college kids would use the buddy system.Your cell phone is not going to save you.

I told my daugter yesterday to travel in packs. I told her I wish she had a bodyguard. She said "That's the most 'mom' thing you have ever said". LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid