VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI:
I am not criticizing anyone because "dreaded black man" is indeed a grammatically correct description of a black man with dreads, but if someone is skimming this it could be taken out of context very easily as a black man who is dreaded as in feared. Those of us reading this religiously know what is meant, but we might want to be careful about how it is phrased. "Black guy with dreads" or "dreads guy" or "braid guy" or "dreadlocked black guy" would probably be a better option given the possibly misreading of the initial phrase.

But, according to posts up thread, police will be releasing a photo of a man that she was with.
There must be more video that we have not seen.
If the police have a photo, it had to come from video

I think you mean they are releasing a "description". I haven't read anything about a photo or a video, but it is quite possible too.

But, according to posts up thread, police will be releasing a photo of a man that she was with.
There must be more video that we have not seen.
If the police have a photo, it had to come from video

they will be releasing a description. is it a photo or a sketch from cell phone guy? did cell phone guy see the video, think the woman was dreadlock guy and make up his story? or use dreads as a scapegoat?
if HG was with dreadlock guy but also with a woman in the 2nd video, WHT is going on?

she's not exactly a mess in these videos, though. tipsy, yes. highly impaired? no.
No, she doesn't. I think she had been drinking but not drugged. I just shared my experience after someone said you always pass out quickly once roofied. Not always true...

I still think he's creepy and I don't believe his story about trying to help her. SO what he goes to the mall stands in corner and waits for girls in distress to help? I don't buy it!

:laugh: This seriously made me laugh.

FYI:
I am not criticizing anyone because "dreaded black man" is indeed a grammatically correct description of a black man with dreads, but if someone is skimming this it could be taken out of context very easily as a black man who is dreaded as in feared. Those of us reading this religiously know what is meant, but we might want to be careful about how it is phrased. "Black guy with dreads" or "dreads guy" or "braid guy" would probably be a better option given the possibly misreading of the initial phrase.
I've been reading religiously, know what it is meant by it, but it still gives me a little jolt every time I see it. I agree, perhaps it should be put a different way. :)

FYI:
I am not criticizing anyone because "dreaded black man" is indeed a grammatically correct description of a black man with dreads, but if someone is skimming this it could be taken out of context very easily as a black man who is dreaded as in feared. Those of us reading this religiously know what is meant, but we might want to be careful about how it is phrased. "Black guy with dreads" or "dreads guy" or "braid guy" would probably be a better option given the possibly misreading of the initial phrase.

lol. I'm using dreads or dreadlocks. did someone say dreaded black man?

Attention Please!

Keep in mind that Websleuths is a 'victim friendly' website. Hanna is a victim and any posts should reflect her as such.

TIA
fran

:seeya:

Zions Crossroads is over 15 miles away???

Someone could have harmed her and then used a car to dispose of her body elsewhere. No?

ETA: I am not saying that the tip is for sure legitimate. But it's plausible to think she could have been dumped 15 miles away if she was killed. It's not implausible and I am sure police will check it out.

One one hand, I could totally see CWG as my dad... He's got a pot belly, dresses like that, is super awkward, but has a heart of gold. He has a daughter that used to go out and do dumb things, so maybe CWG is the same. I can see my dad thinking he's being "stealthy" by ducking in the opening and then following her to make sure all is well. I should add that my dad wouldn't be bold enough to speak to her, as he knows how awkward he is and wouldn't want her to think he's hitting on her. Maybe he sees guy with dreads put his arm around her and assumes she's with a friend, then leaves. The big thing that is different about my dad and CWG, is that my dad goes to bed at 8pm. If there's a football game on, he might be up later, but it's definitely from the comfort of his Lazy Boy. CWG seems out of context to be walking around a fashionable downtown mall at 1AM by himself.

I just hope police have more footage and more info they're keeping close to the vest.

Other thoughts: If I were young and lost and drunk, I'd have approached the two "less thin" women that some people say interact with BG. IMO, two women come off less creepy than either CWG or BG. I'm sure that's a stereotype, but still, that's where I'd have gone looking for help if I was her. To make an assumption, I'd say she knew BG. He saw her and cut across to see her. For better or worse, I think she knew him at least vaguely (or he knew some names of people she knew or said, "oh hey, you're HG, right? I saw you skiing the other day! I'm so and so")... some sort of common denominator. Even if he mentioned "He do you go to UVA? I think I've seen you around the quad!", that might not seem so weird to a drunk person. In reality, it would be very obvious that she probably goes to UVA, given the location and her age, but it might be a gateway to a convo and a "ride" back to her home or to her friends.

This case has a lot of similar elements as with Kenia Monge (minus the college campus). Even her dad said the same thing this morning on Facebook.

Yeah but the person is not in any of these videos according to creepy white guy. Who knows he could just be saying that to buy him some time. He could be using the BG story as a scape goat. Who knows? I still think he's creepy and I don't believe his story about trying to help her. SO what he goes to the mall stands in corner and waits for girls in distress to help? I don't buy it!

He wasn't just standing there. He was walking like everyone else and stopped for 3 seconds to look at his phone. We should be happy he came forward and not result to childish name calling especially since he is not a suspect.

I wonder why there? Weird, Kevin Quick was found not far from there and was in Charlottesville before he disappeared.

The only Zion Crossroads I could find was far east of Charlottesville (maybe 10 miles) and looks like a dirt road into a field with a pond nearby off Route 250 Richmond Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa