VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Websleuths forum is openly and calling the only witness who has come forward a "creepy" person, think about how that may affect people who may have seen or heard something that night, if they read this forum. Why would they want to come forward with information and be christened the newest "creepy guy" by the Websleuths peanut gallery?

I have to agree, 2-5 seconds of video is hardly enough for most exerts to discern intentions, let alone us. People already tend to be fearful of getting involved because of fingers being pointed at them, this sort of thing doesn't help. I am quite certain that LE can figure out whether people who come forward are guilty or not, they're watching for that. I think we all should be encouraging people to speak out and come forward, not making it look like they'll be raked over the coals if they do cuz how they might have looked. M.O.O. And they may not be reading here, but they may very well be. WS gets ALOT of traffic.

nah. i think they've moved on from him. if they suspected him, i don't think they would have specifically called him a 'cooperative witness'.
you can read his body language/actions in other ways too. as other people said, he could have just been an awkward dude who didn't know how to express concern but wanted to keep his eye on her without her becoming alarmed.
idk. i don't think he played a role in this.

If you had a case where someone was missing and you had someone come in to talk. Would you call them a suspect so they lawyer up and stop talking. You always want to keep potential suspects talking for has long has you can.

The white guy in question has admitted to actions that some consider creepy. It is believed he called the cops early on and then again when the video was released. He said he followed her without her knowing. That's kind of creepy but can be very well intentioned.

(For example, I was once grabbed and pulled into a business when walking in a crowded pedestrian street. Before I had a chance to figure out what was going on, the owner of the business pointed out the thief that had been trailing me. On camera, that would have looked SERIOUSLY suspicious had I turned up missing.)

nah. i think they've moved on from him. if they suspected him, i don't think they would have specifically called him a 'cooperative witness'.
you can read his body language/actions in other ways too. as other people said, he could have just been an awkward dude who didn't know how to express concern but wanted to keep his eye on her without her becoming alarmed.
idk. i don't think he played a role in this.
I doubt they've moved on from him. I think they are calling him cooperative because he's the only person who has come forward. But as stated before, RAT cooperated too in the end and lead them on a wild goose chase. I don't think this guy will no longer be thought of or looked into.

I have to agree, 2-5 seconds of video is hardly enough for most exerts to discern intentions, let alone us. People already tend to be fearful of getting involved because of fingers being pointed at them, this sort of thing doesn't help. I am quite certain that LE can figure out whether people who come forward are guilty or not, they're watching for that. I think we all should be encouraging people to speak out and come forward, not making it look like they'll be raked over the coals if they do cuz how they might have looked. M.O.O. And they may not be reading here, but they may very well be. WS gets ALOT of traffic.

i bet someone from LE is skimming this thread

I've been reading posts on HG and am just chiming in. I just watched the video again that shows the dreaded fellow high-five-ing the two young ladies. I've lived in Charlottesville for the past 24 years. I went to UVA and worked in an office at the very far end of the downtown mall nearest the Pavilion. Watching this video made me realize just how "common" the whole scene looks. I could easily see myself walking along that same stretch and not noticing one thing going on around me. I've been to concerts at The Jefferson and can't, honestly, tell you one detail about the people who walked by me because there are so many people milling about down there. I think some of us get a false sense of security there in Cville. I worked a job on the downtown mall for many months that ended at around 1am. For the first few months, I felt relatively safe as I walked the only 10 minutes to me car. But, one night, with purse and laptop in tow, I had a guy walk towards me from out of a recessed around at the bus transit station. It scared the crap out of me. I often talk big talk about what I will do if anyone ever tried to hurt me, but in the moment, I may as well have been a scared baby and completely lost. Luckily, he never approached me or harmed me. I quite that job after three months due to not feeling safe down there at night.

Yes, absolutely 100% agree with this.

And this is why people don't like to get involved when they see things happen.

Most people who see things happen aren't ducking into corridors and waiting for women to pass them, and then begin following them moments before they disappear. It doesn't look good. That's all we're saying. ;)

I watched the videos and can see why Hannah and her friend at the party both felt ok having her walking alone. It seems like a very busy area for 1 a.m.

It's hard to tell from the video: Is Hannah walking next to someone when she walks past the jewelry store and then Middle age guy is following? I still don't see Dread guys, but there is one link that is broken. Was he on that tape?

I've been wanting to post on this case since thread #1, but every time I was close to catching up there were 10+ new pages...now a new thread is coming! I'll wait for the new thread. This is very confusing though. :scared:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member