VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I'm confused and not totally caught up. How many men were seen following her on video that night?! I thought it was just the white lurker guy (and that he claimed to have seen someone)?

I am positive that Hannah was not looking to meet a drug dealer. She is young - only 18. She apparently graduated high school a year early and she had to be a top student as she got into UVA without any hooks. I have a 17-year-old daughter and we live in the Northern Virginia suburbs where Hannah grew up - kids here can be a little naive and sheltered. Hannah reminds me so much of my daughter - same height, both athletic and play the saxophone - so I'm looking at this through that lens. I doubt Hannah did much partying before she went to college, but UVA is a huge party school - pretty much the only thing to do on weekend nights is to drink. She also was living off-campus for the first time and probably didn't know her way around Charlottesville very well. She got drunk and lost - I think she actually was looking for someone (a guy she likes?) at the Irish pub. Maybe she was running in the Shell station video because she wanted to get to a bar on the mall before it closed? But she probably hadn't been to the downtown mall much at night and she got turned around and walked the wrong direction. I think at the time we see her in the videos on the mall she just wants to get back to her apartment, but she doesn't realize she's going the wrong direction. A friendly guy who offered to help her get home...yes, I think she trusted him and was very vulnerable.

Please just remember how young she is

That's the problem all she had to do was text someone to come get her. So it's like she was going to meet someone at their house.

‏@cavalierdaily 6m

Charlottesville Police press release says man seen w/ #HannahGraham between 300 and 500 block of Main Street shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday.

Wow, I feel exhausted after reading through all of the posts to catch up. Bit of a rollercoaster viewing and dissecting so much footage.

IMO, I don't think she was trying to score drugs.

It simply amazes me the speculation flying around on this website about the man being referred to as the "creepy white man."

This is a fantastic example of why people don't always come to the police when they might have some important information.

If something did happen to Hannah (which appears likely) and no solution to the case is discovered soon, he will be repeatedly "raked over the coals" and speculated about on this website and others. I really wish you people will think about this the next time you are wondering why someone won't come forward with information.

I also believe it's the guy with dreads walking next to her across from the jewelry store. Hell, for all we know, he could've caught up to her to protect her because he thought it was weird the white guy was following her?

So wait, now the POI's description is a bald black man with a goatee and a totally different clothing description? That throws a wrench in things, doesn't it? I'm not sure if I believe that description...what are the chances of two men seemingly following the same young girl and then something else happening to her by a third man? Very low probability IMO. I guess it's possible, but not probable. Although it is interesting that the description seems to fit MH's rapist/killer quite well.

Now I'm even more confused! We need more surveillance footage! There has to be more from the surrounding businesses. :scared:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said her text was not accurate with regards to location. But, unless someone else sent the text from her phone, it DID say she was lost.

When did they say she was lost? I missed that. I recall them at some point even saying they're not sure of the accuracy of her text saying that.

‏@cavalierdaily 6m

Charlottesville Police press release says man seen w/ #HannahGraham between 300 and 500 block of Main Street shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday.

Hmmm..that's weird. Isn't the jeweler at the 300 block? So there was A THIRD person who took the hand-off after <modsnip>?? This really just keeps getting stranger.

According to police POI was seen with her between 300-500 block of this mall. Does anyone know which shops/area that encompasses? tia

There is a significant difference, IMO, between someone simply "coming forward with information" and someone being seen on surveillance video as actively following a girl who disappeared shortly thereafter.

It simply amazes me the speculation flying around on this website about the man being referred to as the "creepy white man."

This is a fantastic example of why people don't always come to the police when they might have some important information.

If something did happen to Hannah (which appears likely) and no solution to the case is discovered soon, he will be repeatedly "raked over the coals" and speculated about on this website and others. I really wish you people will think about this the next time you are wondering why someone won't come forward with information.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Unless LE has said they think she was out buying drugs or was an addict, its rather inappropriate to suggest she's out looking to score. Moreso when there's nothing to indicate thats what she was doing.

I feel so badly for her family, who mentioned in their press statement that they're alreafy having to deal with a lot of strangers attacking their daughter. This girl and her family have done nothing to deserve such treatment.

According to police POI was seen with her between 300-500 block of this mall. Does anyone know which shops/area that encompasses? tia

Sal's is on the 200 block, and the jeweler is at 311. A little further down it looks (google says) like YMS Clothiers, Timberlake's Drug Store, Lee-Jackson Foundation, Simins Custom Sewing, Lynne Goldman Elements, Boutique, Eppie's The Nook among others

Actually, a FOURTH person if the person walking with Hannah is different than the guy with dreds (with is what I think).
Strange indeed.

ALSO--why is this 4th person not on any of the videos?

Hmmm..that's weird. Isn't the jeweler at the 300 block? So there was A THIRD person who took the hand-off after <modsnip> and dreadlocks/pregger lady?? This really just keeps getting stranger.

I totally agree with you. While his actions do seem a little creepy, I find it unnecessary to refer to him as the "creepy white guy". And yes, that is a great example of why people don't always come forward with information they might have. Even if they're totally innocent, people still cast a suspicious eye on witnesses, especially when they seem to be the last person to see a missing girl. Not saying that either of these men are innocent of course, because I cannot make up my mind, but it is a good example of why people are too scared to come forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so Police statement said "a witness" gave the description

And why no video?
Where is this location?

It seems to me that LE is sitting on footage of the clean-cut, goateed guy but chose to release the other videos in an effort to GET dreadlock guy and/or others to come forward and talk to police. Which explains his tone at the press conference.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members