VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What low level jobs have a slow period from mid Sept through Mid Oct? Movers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which RSO? If I recall correctly he was mentioned in the previous thread yes? Is this the same one you are talking about? I think he was posted in here because he lives not too far from the area Hannah was last seen?? I don't have time to go back and search the last thread..

I will save you the trouble ;)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tesville-13-Sept-2014&p=10968512#post10968512

ETA: his home addy is listed as 1016 Grady - McGrady's is at 846 iirc...also his employer is listed as an agency on Main Street North. But as folks were very quick to point out, LE should have been on him already --- but maybe he is now absconded. :dunno:

This post reminds me again that Hannah was still only 18. She is the age that many first year/Freshman are. Most universities require Freshman to live on campus. With that in mind, maybe they should require anyone under 19 to live on campus.
Just by way of a counterexample - I went off to college at age 17 (my birthday is in October) and moved into one of the campus dormitories for my first year. I had a roommate, as did everyone else in that dorm. Our campus was a "dry campus" - absolutely no alcohol was sold or allowed on campus, period, not even for people who were of legal drinking age - staff included. Like all the dorms, each wing of my 3-story dorm building had a resident advisor (RA), so 6 RAs total, all of whom were third- or fourth-year students, and they spent most of their time looking for violations of the dry campus policy. Repeat violations of the policy would not just get you thrown out of the dorms - you'd be put on academic probation and risk being thrown out of the university. Sounds like an ideal place for kids to get a safe education, right?

Well, on my *first night* I walked into someone's dorm room - I'd never met these guys before - and found beer being consumed out of red solo cups. By the end of that first week I'd been to multiple parties being held in various other rooms, all with beer or liquor on hand. There was more alcohol on our dry campus than there was off-campus, it seemed. I once attended a keg party in my dorm - students had disassembled the electrical outlets in two adjoining rooms, then stationed the keg in one room, passed the tap through the electrical boxes to the other room, turned off the lights and locked the door in the keg room, and proceeded to drink next door. When the RAs showed up (there were 20+ people in there, it got noisy) the solo cups were tossed out the window and the tap was pushed back through the electrical box until the RAs left, whereupon the drinking resumed.

The hallways in the dorm smelled of marijuana by noon each day. The RAs weren't stupid, they knew this stuff was going on, but they could rarely catch the kids in action. Incense was burned, towels were rolled up and wedged against doors, gum or mints were chewed. It wasn't until a kid nearly died that winter (he had a BAC of .42 and his heart stopped in the ambulance) that the university finally made a big show of cracking down. I actually encountered this student on that fateful night, but as others have said, you simply cannot reason with a drunk. He was belligerent and incoherent but he held on to his cans (yes, one in each fist) of malt liquor with an iron grip, and I could not get him to relinquish them. I left him in his room, looking like he was going to pass out, but apparently the last thing he did before passing out was to chug half a bottle of Southern Comfort. He was very lucky to survive. All this on a dry campus.

This wasn't a "party school", FWIW, it was a well-regarded technical university with a graduation rate then and now well above the national average. I'm not saying I have answers - I don't - I still can't believe how much alcohol I saw consumed. The boy who almost died? He said publicly after getting out of the hospital that he was "quitting drinking". That lasted all of 3 weeks. I happened to encounter him a few years ago - I hadn't seen him in over 20 years, but he recognized me. Turns out he has a family now and lives just a few miles away from where I live. He had gone on to finish his B.S. in biology and had also obtained a master's degree in biochemistry and was managing a laboratory that does genetic testing. So apparently he grew out of his self-destructive habits. Make of that what you will.

Sorry for the long post...

They released a description of Morgan's suspected killer to a T. Not a coincidence. Plus, there was a red alert given at another nearby college campus recently. He's active, and has been spotted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm above

Bringing this over also...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-13-Sept-2014/page34&p=10970264#post10970264

(...Washington & Lee warning dated September 16, 2014 if he was spotted there since September 13, maybe he really is absconded! :thinking: )

MH went missing in October.
William and Mary is in Williamsburg, about an hour and 45 minutes from UVA (guessing... I'm an hour from UVA and about 45 minutes from Wmbg).

It was Washington and Lee college in Lexington where "sketch" was supposedly spotted not William and Mary...Lexington is closer to Charlottesville than Williamsburg is-approx 70 miles southwest..

Exactly! No one gives a crap about anyone anymore. No one does the right thing. Anyone could have stopped this young girl in her condition and asked her if she was lost...needed help..or if they could call someone for her but NOOOOOO everyone is all out for ME ME ME. Makes me so angry. I saw so many people around her. Anyone of those selfish people could have done something to stop her...anything...and maybe she would not be missing and god knows where. Prayers for Hannah. So sad!!!

You only know what is released and what is seen on MSM. They could be keeping a bunch of info from us. You don't really know what sort of "condition" she was in. How are you going to blame ALL of those around her? You don't know what happened or what was said. I do agree - prayers for Hannah.

:candle:

Where are you Hannah????

How cool to have a palindrome for a name!

PLEASE :please: come home SAFE - NOW isn't too soon!

:daisy: YOU are loved girl!

OK-what is the deal with this Washington and Lee "sighting", for real?

All of a sudden someone has spotted a sketch? Right when all of this is in the news?

Just would like an explanation why this is credible enough to make the news.

I will save you the trouble ;)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tesville-13-Sept-2014&p=10968512#post10968512

ETA: his home addy is listed as 1016 Grady - McGrady's is at 846 iirc...also his employer is listed as an agency on Main Street North. But as folks were very quick to point out, LE should have been on him already --- but maybe he is now absconded. :dunno:

In VA if you are a sex offender ,or a felon they collect your DNA and it would be on file. There is no way that it could be an RSO.

It was Washington and Lee college in Lexington where "sketch" was supposedly spotted not William and Mary...Lexington is closer to Charlottesville than Williamsburg is-approx 70 miles southwest..
Oops! My mistake. Sorry!

Given all the speculation people are throwing out there regarding what they THINK she is doing or what her thought process might be, does anyone wonder...what would *I* have looked like back in my 20s when I was in college out getting hammered if someone had caught my evening on random snippets of security camera footage? We'd probably ALL look just like Hannah does...walking like we're invincible, running occasionally, roaming around the same spot for a few minutes as we try to figure out what we want to do and where we want to go...

THIS. x100000000

I hate to imagine what video footage of my drunken university antics would have "looked like" if I were to have gone missing. Much, much, MUCH worse than Hannah's. Even on a Tuesday (any Tuesday!). And I was tame compared to many others in my year. Horrifying now, but at the time I felt it was completely normal.

Her behaviour to me seems random and determined - exactly like I, or any of my friends would've been when "on a mission" on a Saturday night. Mission meaning... anything. Nothing logical, nothing that would even make sense to myself, if I remembered, come morning. Mission to buy fried chicken or mints, to buy booze or drugs, to get home, to find a pink slipper. Just 'mission'. If you're under the influence and you get something in your head you can wind up anywhere, and with anyone. And it all seems fine at the time. Most of the time it was even a lot of fun.

In my opinion, IF I had to choose between alcohol and drugs, she seems more like she may be under the effects of drugs. My friends and I all used to prefer drugs (ecstacy, speed, etc) over alcohol - it was cheaper, we felt more in control and tended to "black out" less than drinking to excess. Stupid? Of course!!! But given her age, environment and reasonably 'with it' demeanour (ie random fast walking, no falling over and vomiting, being 'in control' of her facilities) I wouldn't be surprised. As I said, many of my/our nights would've "looked" similar. We all just managed to make it home, or somewhere safe.

I am not victim blaming by saying this, far from it, as I stated I've been in many a similar situation during my university years. We just managed to avoid that took advantage of young university girls who were far too inebriated for our own good. I thank the lord for this every day. And pray for poor Hannah who didn't have the same fortune as we all did.

ALL jmo. Please don't flame for me giving my opinion / experiences - Hannah and her night may be totally, completely different to what I'm imagining. I just wanted to give my perspective on how a Saturday night during my uni days may have gone or "looked"... minus the abduction. God bless Hannah, may she be found soon.

I hear what your are saying Love...

And soul - thanks for the reminder...

These investigators have their work cut out for them.

I recall during the presser Longo got real excited while speaking out directly to the people at the mall that early morning - pleading for them to call in. And that was before WG came forward!

I sure wonder what tomorrow will bring...

This post is meant to gain some insight and or clarification. So please don't use this to take off on me about making assumptions or trying to tarnish HG in any way. I am very curious however, if HG was known at all to "pop pills"? I know an awful lot of good and good hearted people, particularly in this age bracket who do infact pop a few from time to time. The reason I ask is, as I have been reviewing videos of HG she doesn't appear to have the typical drunken gate. She appears to me as if she may have been under the influence of a sedative or perhaps some type of opiate. These can be much more disorientating than the effects of alcohol alone. It would also help explain why she was so "lost" in an area, that by many accounts she seemed to be familiar with. If there are any first handers or even second handers to HG's group, I'd love to hear about their typical partying habits! Here's to hoping that HG doesn't end up like the Lauren Spierer case! My thoughts and prayers to HG, her family and those working to locate her. God Bless

In VA if you are a sex offender ,or a felon they collect your DNA and it would be on file. There is no way that it could be an RSO.

This was brought up before and someone noted that when this RSO was convicted it was the early stages of DNA collection and it was thought he may have gone thru before it was required and therefore wouldn't be in the database..

on fox news now- greta re-play discussing Hannah

This was brought up before and someone noted that when this RSO was convicted it was the early stages of DNA collection and it was thought he may have gone thru before it was required and therefore wouldn't be in the database..

If his crimes where felonies, they would have collected DNA . Virginia started collecting felons in 1990.

Yes, I know its Hannah and I feel bad for getting her name wrong. It's one of those innocent brain hiccups and I absolutely meant no disrespect. I respectfully disagree with your notion that you can't rule out all possibilities. That's how investigators work -- they rule out suspects to narrow their focus. That is what they have done here. The white guy from the video is absolutely NOT a person of interest and the police have made it clear.

I have to disagree. I haven't heard the police come right out and say this person is no longer a person of interest. The investigation is not over and I don't believe anything is really ruled out yet, not until they have evidence or have found her. They have no evidence to rule out anything. You can only rule out something if you have proof that they did or did not have anything to do with it. The guy saying he's innocent is not proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford