Found Deceased VA- James Hogue, 63, Bristow, 26 Oct 2019

mlhenn

Reaction score
Abandoned motorcycle prompts search for missing Virginia man along Blue Ridge Parkway
upload_2019-11-7_17-2-55.jpeg

Authorities are searching for a Virginia man whose motorcycle was left abandoned in a parking lot along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

His motorcycle was first noticed at the Thunder Ridge Parking Area, near Milepost 75, on Oct. 26.

He is 6 feet, 1 inch tall with brown eyes and a scar on his right arm. He was last seen wearing a black leather jacket and blue jeans.

It appears that the National Parks Service is also involved with the investigation:

NPS Investigative Services Branch

"NPS Investigative Services Branch
16 mins ·
Search underway for missing man along the Blue Ridge Parkway: go.usa.gov/xpjRp

US Park Rangers are searching for a 63 year-old man near the northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. James Albert Hogue, of Bristow, Virginia, was last seen wearing a black leather jacket and blue jeans. He is 6’1,” has brown eyes, and a scar on his right arm. A missing person’s report has been filed with Bedford County, Virginia.

Hogue’s unoccupied motorcycle was first noticed at the Thunder Ridge Parking Area, near Milepost 75, on October 26, 2019. Park officials note that is not uncommon for vehicles to be left at parkway overlooks for extended periods while owners are on a backcountry hike. However, after two days, Rangers began an investigation and learned that Hogue was last seen two weeks prior when Roanoke County Sheriff’s Office contacted him.

If you have information that could aid in the search for Hogue, please contact us. Call the Parkway’s Dispatch Center at 828-298-2491 or our Tip Line: go.usa.gov/xPd8J

☎️ CALL or TEXT the ISB Tip Line 888-653-0009

ONLINE www.nps.gov/ISB and click "Submit a Tip"

EMAIL nps_isb@nps.gov

[Image: missing person James Albert Hogue; photo provided by Blue Ridge Parkway.]

ISB: the Investigative Services Branch of the National Park Service www.nps.gov/ISB

#Missing #SAR #USParkRanger #BlueRidge #NPS
@BlueRidgeNPS" BBM

Here is a link to the National Park Planner info page about the Thunder Ridge Parking Area (milepost 74.7 on the Blue Ridge Parkway):

Blue Ridge Parkway | THUNDER RIDGE PARKING AREA (MP 74.7)

upload_2019-11-7_18-39-46.png

Unfortunately, they didn't have a photo of the parking area, but they did have photos of the hike and of the stone observation deck. What a beautiful location!

I was looking on FB to try and find information about James, when I did a search for "James Hogue missing." There were multiple posts about a "James Hogue," member of the "Manassas Moose Riders," who went missing for over a week in Sept of this year, and was found in September. The town of Bristow, Virginia, which was reported as the hometown of James Hogue, is right next to Manassas, Virginia. The photos look the same. I think this is the same James Hogue, but I wanted to know if anyone else could confirm if they were the same person. None of the people who posted about the September disappearance have posted anything about this October 26, 2019 disappearance. I'm confused!

I was looking on FB to try and find information about James, when I did a search for "James Hogue missing." There were multiple posts about a "James Hogue," member of the "Manassas Moose Riders," who went missing for over a week in Sept of this year, and was found in September. The town of Bristow, Virginia, which was reported as the hometown of James Hogue, is right next to Manassas, Virginia. The photos look the same. I think this is the same James Hogue, but I wanted to know if anyone else could confirm if they were the same person. None of the people who posted about the September disappearance have posted anything about this October 26, 2019 disappearance. I'm confused!

Looks like the same guy to me. Comparing photos, it looks like the same shirt and black vest as the photo from Post #2. I'm guessing he may have been previously missing. MOO

It appears that the National Parks Service is also involved with the investigation:

NPS Investigative Services Branch

"NPS Investigative Services Branch
16 mins ·
Search underway for missing man along the Blue Ridge Parkway: go.usa.gov/xpjRp

US Park Rangers are searching for a 63 year-old man near the northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. James Albert Hogue, of Bristow, Virginia, was last seen wearing a black leather jacket and blue jeans. He is 6’1,” has brown eyes, and a scar on his right arm. A missing person’s report has been filed with Bedford County, Virginia.

Hogue’s unoccupied motorcycle was first noticed at the Thunder Ridge Parking Area, near Milepost 75, on October 26, 2019. Park officials note that is not uncommon for vehicles to be left at parkway overlooks for extended periods while owners are on a backcountry hike. However, after two days, Rangers began an investigation and learned that Hogue was last seen two weeks prior when Roanoke County Sheriff’s Office contacted him.

If you have information that could aid in the search for Hogue, please contact us. Call the Parkway’s Dispatch Center at 828-298-2491 or our Tip Line: go.usa.gov/xPd8J

☎️ CALL or TEXT the ISB Tip Line 888-653-0009

ONLINE www.nps.gov/ISB and click "Submit a Tip"

EMAIL nps_isb@nps.gov

[Image: missing person James Albert Hogue; photo provided by Blue Ridge Parkway.]

ISB: the Investigative Services Branch of the National Park Service www.nps.gov/ISB

#Missing #SAR #USParkRanger #BlueRidge #NPS
@BlueRidgeNPS" BBM

Here is a link to the National Park Planner info page about the Thunder Ridge Parking Area (milepost 74.7 on the Blue Ridge Parkway):

Blue Ridge Parkway | THUNDER RIDGE PARKING AREA (MP 74.7)

View attachment 213936

Unfortunately, they didn't have a photo of the parking area, but they did have photos of the hike and of the stone observation deck. What a beautiful location!

I am very familiar with this area. These are the coordinates for where this is located 37°32'19"N 79°29'30"W If you copy and paste this in Google Earth in the search box it will take you to the exact location. It is aproxamitly 10 miles north of the Peaks of Otter area.

I am very familiar with this area. These are the coordinates for where this is located 37°32'19"N 79°29'30"W If you copy and paste this in Google Earth in the search box it will take you to the exact location. It is aproxamitly 10 miles north of the Peaks of Otter area.
Thank you, BlueRidgeCat!

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 3.40.35 PM.png
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Wow, I was literally right around there during this timeframe. Spent all day at stops and trails doing some bird watching and breathing in fresh air. I’m going to look through my photos and EXIF data to see if anything of interest turns up. I hope he’s found safe, and soon!

Bump**

I am not familiar at all with this area...actually not familiar with mountainous areas in general; where I live there is flat land as far as you can see! So when looking at maps of Blue Ridge Parkway and even taking into account the various things to do there, reasons he may have gone there, etc I feel I can’t be as helpful (give any insight) as to ways to help with this case. :(

Regardless, I hope there are answers soon...preferably positive ones! My thoughts are with James and his family & friends!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back