GUILTY VA - John Allen Muhammad, sniper murders in VA, MD, 2002 *Lee Boyd Malvo re-sentence granted 2022*

I can't believe he's being executed. It feels like this just happened yesterday -I was living in DC at the time and vividly remember crouching down at gas stations and in parking lots. and I remember how shocked everyone was when they found out who he was - because he didn't "fit the profile". and I even remember his early morning capture at a rest area! I was in college and stayed up till 2-3 am to watch the showdown. It was just one of those times that you never forget.

maybe it just feels weird because in other states - California - it can take 25 years to execute someone. a crime committed in 2002 seems too...recent.

Obviously this is what this guy wanted to commit the crimes he commited.
So farewell you waste of a human being.:furious:

I constantly battle with myself on how I feel about the DP. For some reason I have no problem with this one... maybe because I live in Richmond and felt the terror. While all of this was going on one weekend we decided to walk around the small town of Ashland - that very night was the night that the shooting took place at the Ashland Ponderosa.

I constantly battle with myself on how I feel about the DP. For some reason I have no problem with this one... maybe because I live in Richmond and felt the terror. While all of this was going on one weekend we decided to walk around the small town of Ashland - that very night was the night that the shooting took place at the Ashland Ponderosa.

I've always been anti-d.p. but I'm with you on this one. And I live in Canada so there's no local connection like you have - there's just something about it that makes me say 'buh bye murderer' without discomfort. The fact that he manipulated a kid into doing his dirty work irritates the chit outta me too.

I clearly remember when this happened and seeing the terror on the faces of people on the news & thinking even the police looked scared. I remember feeling horrible for everyone in that area. What a way to have to live, being afraid to go to the gas station b/c of one lunatic. Well, he chose his destiny so I say, farewell loser!

I have such mixed feelings having lived through the terror he brought to my community. I'm anti-DP but it's hard to find much sympathy for this creep. But I'm relieved Lee Malvo got life. IMO, he's another one of Muhammad's victims.

Our local schools closed. Going to the gas station was gut wrenching...never knowing if a shot was going to ring out!

So have I missed something? Has he been or is he being executed today? I'm not seeing anything more on this.

Thanks!!

Our local schools closed. Going to the gas station was gut wrenching...never knowing if a shot was going to ring out!

I live in Northern Virginia and it was a nightmare. Remember always scouting for the white van? I'd scope out parking lots to make sure there wasn't a lone van parked along the perimeter. (Of course, it wasn't even a van!)

I am for this and hope it is not postponed.
Why should we keep monsters like this in private cells,
food, medical care, Tv, no work, no taxes or a life time.
He took innocent lives and ruined a young boys life.
What a fitting date.......the USMC Birthday.

Good riddance. May he rot in hell for all eternity.

I live in Northern Virginia and it was a nightmare. Remember always scouting for the white van? I'd scope out parking lots to make sure there wasn't a lone van parked along the perimeter. (Of course, it wasn't even a van!)

I remember! Did you ever realize there were so many white vans out there?

Scary times.

Good lets get this sack of put out of the way so the Ft. Hood scum bag can move to the head of the line

Supreme Court refuses to stop sniper execution

RICHMOND, Va. - The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to block Tuesday's scheduled execution of sniper mastermind John Allen Muhammad.

The Court did not comment Monday on why it refused to consider his appeal.

Muhammad is scheduled to die by injection at a Virginia prison for the slaying of Dean Harold Meyers at a gas station during a three-week spree in 2002 across Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

more at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33795687/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Sniper victims’ families see justice in execution

MOUNTAIN HOME, IDAHO - The setting sun is streaming in the living room window of Marion Lewis's house as he puts aside his cigarette and starts telling the story of the day his daughter was murdered.

He is 57, a bulky, balding man sitting in his stocking feet. He has a brown bandanna around his neck, gray hair tied in a ponytail, and his glasses and a pack of cheap Seneca cigarettes are stuffed in his shirt pocket. He shoos away his two beagles, who retreat out the dog door.

He remembers the day, Oct. 3, 2002, when Lori Lewis Rivera was shot to death by the D.C. snipers at a gas station in Kensington. Two thousand miles away, her father was oblivious, out in the wilderness running a giant rock-crushing machine. Lewis stares at the floor as he recalls it, kneading his beefy hands and wiping away tears with his fingers.

more at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33783650/ns/us_news-washington_post/

Death is too good for him but hopefully he'll rot in hell.

Sniper victims’ families see justice in execution

MOUNTAIN HOME, IDAHO - The setting sun is streaming in the living room window of Marion Lewis's house as he puts aside his cigarette and starts telling the story of the day his daughter was murdered.

He is 57, a bulky, balding man sitting in his stocking feet. He has a brown bandanna around his neck, gray hair tied in a ponytail, and his glasses and a pack of cheap Seneca cigarettes are stuffed in his shirt pocket. He shoos away his two beagles, who retreat out the dog door.

He remembers the day, Oct. 3, 2002, when Lori Lewis Rivera was shot to death by the D.C. snipers at a gas station in Kensington. Two thousand miles away, her father was oblivious, out in the wilderness running a giant rock-crushing machine. Lewis stares at the floor as he recalls it, kneading his beefy hands and wiping away tears with his fingers.

more at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33783650/ns/us_news-washington_post/

May God and the United States, try their best, to give this family and other families affected by this monster, a restful night's sleep, tomorrow night....God Bless all the families...

I've battled, with myself, about the dp for years. But in this case, GO FOR IT! !

fran

I am surprised - and pleased -- that the death penalty will be carried out so quickly. Is this due to the jurisdiction of the case? I appreciate the need to appeal and to be sure that an innocent person is not put to death, but this case is clear cut.

Wow, they don't play around in Virginia!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back