VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #11

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson

There are THIRTY-SEVEN pages of jury instructions for the #JohnnyDepp #AmberHeard jurors to go over and 8 verdict forms.
I went through the verdict forms with Nate the lawyer on YouTube yesterday, and It was only with his expertise that I finally understood them! I can’t imagine how the jury will figure them out …..

This poor jury! There was so much 'stuff' in the trial to get through! "Mr Grumpy", plus days and days of never ending questions about " Do you KNOW if Ms Heard was wearing concealer?" "Do you KNOW if Ms Heard was wearing foundation?"
Their collective WTF?'s must have been enormous!

Hoping someone brought Muffins in with them this morning.
;)
POV you are Elaine: careful, that sounds an awful lot like jury tampering

I hope the jury remembers this…

The general counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union, Terence Dougherty, testified via video deposition that it was clear to him from reviewing early drafts of the op-ed that it was written about Depp. The ACLU helped pitch the op-ed and had named Heard an ambassador. While Heard testified in her case-in-chief that the op-ed was not about Depp, she later said during her rebuttal testimony that she wrote it because Depp was receiving so much support despite her claims.

We, the great unwashed, have had the advantage of rewinding and looking at the testimonies upside down and backward. We have been able to hear things from the past and lawyers giving their thoughts on YT. There have been things I missed but later been able to listen to by my friends on WS and see it in a different light later on YT.

The jurors only have their memories, scribblings and the other jurors recollections. I truly hope the truth and facts were memorised and seen with clarity.
Am I right to think the jurors were not allowed to see MSM over the weekend? Hum.
To be fair, A LOT of what happened over the past couple of days was VERY memorable IMO.
I wouldn't want to be near her or listen to anything she has to say if I was a victim of DV.
Absolutely, ugh, can you imagine the things she'd say?? "Oh, I know, that's just like when my ex (insert fake-as-fake story)" - it'd be insulting.
I went through the verdict forms with Nate the lawyer on YouTube yesterday, and It was only with his expertise that I finally understood them! I can’t imagine how the jury will figure them out …..
Not sure if it will be wholly helpful, as in some cases even then they're not able to get an answer due to legalities; but they are allowed to write and send questions back to the judge, I believe (whenever I've been on a jury, we were).

Fairfax, Va. — A jury has resumed deliberations after a sensational six-week trial to resolve defamation claims by Johnny Depp and his ex-wife Amber Heard over their volatile and unhappy marriage.

The seven-person civil jury heard closing arguments Friday and deliberated for about two hours before leaving for the long Memorial Day weekend. Jurors resumed deliberations in Fairfax County Circuit Court just after 9 a.m. Tuesday...

Testimony featured a litany of lurid details of their short marriage. Heard testified that Depp physically or sexually assaulted her more than a dozen times. During his testimony, Depp testified that he never struck Heard, that she concocted the abuse allegations, and that she was the one who physically attacked him, multiple times...

37 pages of jury instructions that are so complex attorneys are not in agreement on what exactly they mean....I just hate that this happens so often. Then the jury gets hung up on that rather than their opinion on guilty or not. then in this case you complicate it by giving them the authority to award damages.

We, the great unwashed, have had the advantage of rewinding and looking at the testimonies upside down and backward. We have been able to hear things from the past and lawyers giving their thoughts on YT. There have been things I missed but later been able to listen to by my friends on WS and see it in a different light later on YT.

The jurors only have their memories, scribblings and the other jurors recollections. I truly hope the truth and facts were memorised and seen with clarity.
Am I right to think the jurors were not allowed to see MSM over the weekend? Hum.
I’ve been thinking the same things you are. Also, I can’t imagine how hard it would be for them to completely avoid all news of this trial. Especially for those who are acrive on SM. Just imagine that!
If the verdict goes in favor of JD, I bet that’s one of the first things the AH team will claim, that they were tainted by going on SM. I really hope the jurors take their task seriously and don’t do anything to compromise it.

37 pages of jury instructions that are so complex attorneys are not in agreement on what exactly they mean....I just hate that this happens so often. Then the jury gets hung up on that rather than their opinion on guilty or not. then in this case you complicate it by giving them the authority to award damages.
They'll probably spend hours on this. They may spend 2-3 days just getting on the same page what all this means.

I’ve been thinking the same things you are. Also, I can’t imagine how hard it would be for them to completely avoid all news of this trial. Especially for those who are acrive on SM. Just imagine that!
If the verdict goes in favor of JD, I bet that’s one of the first things the AH team will claim, that they were tainted by going on SM. I really hope the jurors take their task seriously and don’t do anything to compromise it.

IMO, the AH team has already accused Social Media. I have no doubt the jury will be claimed tainted if the jury sides with JD.
PR has been working diligently

honestly no so sure either after having more attorney's comment on the instructions. Hope one or two of those jurors have a legal type mind.
Since it's a civil case the burden of proof isn't as harsh as a criminal case is. With a criminal case guilt must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but in a civil case the jury just has to decide what side they believe to be more likely.

I was busy all weekend and haven't read the jury instructions or kept up, but it sounds like it's not as easy as that. :rolleyes:

I guess I am a bit concerned about the OJ effect with all the commotion outside the courtroom and the massive media coverage. It is not at all limited to SM or online sites....lots on MSM and it is international. I mean this jury has had a lot of time away from the courtroom...long stretches. Coming back with a hung jury or not in favor of JD will not be received well by most and I am sure they know it. Puts an additional pressure on for sure if there are one or more dissenting jurors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa