VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have known the Mass Media would come up with a BS spin.
I know! Instead of explaining how those various points of defamation were found …. Ugh! All of Johnny’s claims were found true, whereas I believe only one of Amber’s was true, but it was in regards to his attorney uttering the words. I may not have explained that very well, but I’m not surprised that CNN would make it seem Johnny was equally as bad as Amber. I always say “do your own research” rather than relying on MSM…. In my opinion! That is why so many of us here are actually watching the trial with our own eyes and can from our own opinions and judgment.

legally amber can appeal so all this could go on again right? but it doesnt sound like amber will be able to afford too
Hi @carlymichelle,

I can't see an Appeal happening in this case and certainly not brought by her group of lawyers now who likely won't be receiving any payment soon - if what A.H. asserts is true (about already paying millions out to her lawyers).

At 0.25 of the following video, 2 of the lawyers confirm that "defamation civil cases" can be appealed.

It is up to the Appellant Court as to whether or not there is enough "legal merit" in the case for them to accept the appeal case and put it on the docket.

So, nothing about the facts of the case - only the "rule of law" in the case .

I noticed throughout the trial that the Judge seemed absolutely fair to both sides.
(This is only my opinion after legal research, and I am not a lawyer.)

Last edited:
Her lies and her 'mountain full of evidence' with no medical records to back her up didn't get her anywhere with this trial. If it were me I would be so embarrassed that I was exposed as a manipulating woman. so many things she said, did and even her body language and facial expressions gave her away, I would not want to appeal. I think I would want to hide for a long time but she is a different breed of woman. Does she believe her lies?
For someone who looked at that jury everyday trying to garner sympathy and get them to side with her, she sure could not, did not look at them today.

I can't see an Appeal happening in this case and certainly not brought by her group of lawyers now who likely won't be receiving any payment soon - if what A.H. asserts is true (about already paying millions out to her lawyers).

At 0.25 of the following video, 2 of the lawyers confirm that "defamation civil cases" can be appealed.

It is up to the Appellant Court as to whether or not there is enough "legal merit" in the case for them to accept the appeal case and put it on the docket.

So, nothing about the facts of the case - only the "rule of law" in the case .

I noticed throughout the trial that the Judge seemed absolutely fair to both sides.
(This is only my opinion)

She was fair and pleasant to both sides and the witnesses.

Her lies and her 'mountain full of evidence' with no medical records to back her up didn't get her anywhere with this trial. If it were me I would be so embarrassed that I was exposed as a manipulating woman. so many things she said, did and even her body language and facial expressions gave her away, I would not want to appeal. I think I would want to hide for a long time but she is a different breed of woman. Does she believe her lies?
For someone who looked at that jury everyday trying to garner sympathy and get them to side with her, she sure could not, did not look at them today.
She lost me with the bottle inside her and didnt know if it was broken glass. You would know.

Amber Heard's actions and words so backfired.

"Tell the world Johnny, who is going to believe you?"
He did, and they did.

Vinnie Politan is still beside himself… ‘do you know how HARD it is for a public figure to prove defamation?!?’ Credits it all to JD testimony and impeccable lawyering…

I'm glad JD can put this behind him and move on with his life. His kids must feel so proud that he fought so hard for the truth and for them.

After spending so many weeks watching this trial I'm wondering what I'm going to do with my time.

Are any other trials coming up that will be live?

So the verdict went like this:

Johnny Depp won on all of his charges and was awarded $10 million in actual damages and $5 million in punitive damages for a total of $15 million.

Amber Heard won on one of her charges in her countersuit. She was awarded $2 million in actual damages and $0 in punitive damages.

So calculating it in money only, Johnny Depp wins a $13 million verdict (his $15 million award less the $2 million awarded to Amber Heard.
And as it was read she never looked up. She was full of shame. She knew what she had done---and now got busted.

Johnny!!!!

Ah yes, that attachment for the blow dryer I will never need, ahahahaha… it looks good on him. I’d have about a 3inch diameter ponytail after such a treatment…

That’s what I thought was bizarre. Even I know what Arnica is, and have never even heard of amica cream. Did she ever get that right?
I don’t know, she may In fact have given it up as a bad job…

I’m starting to think I need a baby stuffed alpaca.(you can keep your Dior Sauvage for now, I’m broke. Ahahahaha)

As per this, Sex Pest PR Dude was still at it today…

I believe that he didn't want the verdict (whichever way it went) to be a spectacle. We knew the crowds would erupt. He probably was advised by his attorneys and PR to stay away. At least that's MO. I think it was smart.

As per this, Sex Pest PR Dude was still at it today…

Frankly, I agree. Depp should have been in court for the verdict. Amber Heard was there. Even though Depp won, he let Amber win the parting shot in the court of public perception. Maybe by showing up, Amber showed herself not to be a the completely detestable person the verdict reflected--at least she had the decency to be there for the verdict, unlike Depp. IMO. And his excuse--playing guitar with Jeff Beck?? I mean, come on! He should have been there,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member