VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also he cant put a lien against it if she doesnt pay.
Can they lien her? As in her bank accounts, etc? I know they can lien her earnings. It will be on record and automatically attach, right?
Question is where is the money going from the sale of that property? It doesn’t just disappear. Is she going to try and hide it?

Might have been more useful to put a lien on the property prior to the sale.

They will have to figure out where the $$$ is deposited.

Perhaps with the court in Virginia??? Not likely, imho.

jmho ymmv lrr
If the transaction was entered into while the lawsuit was in progress, IMO it's possible the court would consider it a Fraudulent Conveyance to avoid potential judgment, and the court could possibly order the transaction reversed / void:

III. The Remedy for Plaintiff Creditor
https://www.pendercoward.com/resour...-fraudulent-conveyance-statutes-and-case-law/
Hypothetically, if a plaintiff creditor were to establish a fraudulent conveyance under Va. Code § 55.1-400, then the statute renders the conveyance void. This remedy returns the fraudulently conveyed assets to the transferor, but as a general rule it does not authorize a court to award an in personam judgment when the transaction is set aside. See Westwood Bldgs. Ltd. P'ship v. Grayson, 96 Va. Cir. 312, 324 (Fairfax County 2017) (“Those who participate in occasioning the transfer are called upon in equity to undo their conduct if the Plaintiff prevails in order to restore the status quo.”) Also, a court will award the plaintiff creditor reasonable attorney’s fees against the debtor pursuant to Va. Code § 55.1-403. Furthermore, the court may assess sanctions against anyone (parties, lawyers, professionals, etc.) who participated in the conveyance. Id.

Va/ Code 55.1-400:

Chapter 4. Fraudulent and Voluntary Conveyances; Writings Necessary to Be Recorded.

§ 55.1-400. Void fraudulent acts; bona fide purchasers not affected.
Every (i) gift, conveyance, assignment, or transfer of, or charge upon, any estate, real or personal, (ii) action commenced or order, judgment, or execution suffered or obtained, and (iii) bond or other writing given with intent to delay, hinder, or defraud creditors, purchasers, or other persons of or from what they are or may be lawfully entitled to shall, as to such creditors, purchasers, or other persons or their representatives or assigns, be void. This section shall not affect the title of a purchaser for valuable consideration, unless it appears that he had notice of the fraudulent intent of his immediate grantor or of the fraud rendering void the title of such grantor.
https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode...ent,judgment, participated in the conveyance.
Code 1919, § 5184; Code 1950, § 55-80; 2019, c. 712.

At least we have learned that even a writer with a PhD in journalism doesn't not yield a professional, fact-based news report that can be relied upon to be free from distorted (and oft' foolish) information. It's better to have trials and documentation open to the public so we don't have to rely on biased and unprincipled writers and reporters... they insult our (the public's) intelligence.

I am very glad the court case was televised. Although her sleezy attorney wants to say that social media influenced people's opinions, I want to stand tall and say that her sleezy client influenced my decision. Watching the evidence unfold, it was very clear to me that she is a gold digger and and attention wh0r3! She still can't leave him alone and likely never will. A book deal??? I would sincerely HOPE that NOONE buys her book!

I am very glad the court case was televised. Although her sleezy attorney wants to say that social media influenced people's opinions, I want to stand tall and say that her sleezy client influenced my decision. Watching the evidence unfold, it was very clear to me that she is a gold digger and and attention wh0r3! She still can't leave him alone and likely never will. A book deal??? I would sincerely HOPE that NOONE buys her book!

Do we know who might offer her a book deal? I wonder what the title would be? I suggest... "I'm A Gold Digging Grumpy"! :p

Can they lien her? As in her bank accounts, etc? I know they can lien her earnings. It will be on record and automatically attach, right?
Question is where is the money going from the sale of that property? It doesn’t just disappear. Is she going to try and hide it?
I suspect her goal is trying to make JD look like the bad guy for 'making' him delve into her finances with a microscope. 'Prove that 'you' paid 6 mill to your lawyers', etc.

This has surely opened my eyes as to what can go on behind the scenes.
I know… I’ll never look at an op-Ed the same way again at minimum, you can be sure… I was actually impressed for a hot minute in 2018, when I thought Amber Heard had largely written it herself.

“Huh,” I thought, “maybe all that PR bilge about her being so super smart and such a reader has got some weight behind it.”

the ACLU really put a lot of sneaky thought into it, IMO. You can’t imagine the amount of people who have blathered, “this isn’t just about Johnny Depp... She said it first happened to her ‘in college’”; and then I know I can block this person on social media with impunity, because if you are a person who watched any of her testimony you would know Amber Heard is a high school dropout who went directly into acting while underage;

and you would certainly have spent hours staring at some form of the editorial being discussed, wherein the drafter absolutely knew that thousands of people were going to read the ACLU’s borderline-dishonest locution “by the time I was of college age” and go, in droves,

”Aha! Amber Heard is just like me, a college graduate!”

I know… I’ll never look at an op-Ed the same way again at minimum, you can be sure… I was actually impressed for a hot minute in 2018, when I thought Amber Heard had largely written it herself.

“Huh,” I thought, “maybe all that PR bilge about her being so super smart and such a reader has got some weight behind it.”

the ACLU really put a lot of sneaky thought into it, IMO. You can’t imagine the amount of people who have blathered, “this isn’t just about Johnny Depp... She said it first happened to her ‘in college’”; and then I know I can block this person on social media with impunity, because if you are a person who watched any of her testimony you would know Amber Heard is a high school dropout who went directly into acting while underage;

and you would certainly have spent hours staring at some form of the editorial being discussed, wherein the drafter absolutely knew that thousands of people were going to read the ACLU’s borderline-dishonest locution “by the time I was of college age” and go, in droves,

”Aha! Amber Heard is just like me, a college graduate!”
I loved AH’s line about being college age...

Sorry if this has been posted as I haven't followed the recent thread.

Amber Heard sells her home for $1.6 million after Johnny Depp court ruling

Amber Heard has discreetly sold her house in the aftermath of the multi-million dollar verdict in her suit against former husband Johnny Depp.

Following the pair’s defamation trial, which is posed to enter another legal phrase, the actor has found a buyer for her 2.4 hectare California home, banking $US1.1 million ($1.59 million).

She did the deal without publicly advertising it for sale, Dirt.com reported.

Sorry, I can't link.Looks like AH has new attorneys as per People Magazine. Been Rottenborn remains. I wonder if Travelers Insurance is footing the bill.
"On Monday, a spokesperson for the 36-year-old actress announced that she hired David L. Axelrod and Jay Ward Brown of Ballard Spahr to lead, with Ben Rottenborn continuing as co-counsel. Elaine Charlson Bredehoft, who represented Heard in the six-week Fairfax County, Virginia, trial earlier this year is stepping down."

"Said Bredehoft, "This is the perfect time to pass the baton. I have pledged to Amber and her appellate team my complete cooperation and assistance as they move forward on a path towards success."

Amber Heard Hires New Lawyers for Johnny Depp Appeal: 'Different Court Warrants Different Representation'

"On Monday, a spokesperson for the 36-year-old actress announced that she hired David L. Axelrod and Jay Ward Brown of Ballard Spahr to lead, with Ben Rottenborn continuing as co-counsel. Elaine Charlson Bredehoft, who represented Heard in the six-week Fairfax County, Virginia, trial earlier this year is stepping down."

"Said Bredehoft, "This is the perfect time to pass the baton. I have pledged to Amber and her appellate team my complete cooperation and assistance as they move forward on a path towards success."

Amber Heard Hires New Lawyers for Johnny Depp Appeal: 'Different Court Warrants Different Representation'

Oh Elaine! Just admit it.. Your "brilliant" idea of asking every JD witness about Make-up didn't work out so well.
She honestly reminded me of the Dana Carvey character, 'the Church Lady" from SNL years ago

The journalists are vultures in my very honest opinion. They want to stir everything up again because they had so many hits during the trial. The fact that several are trying to point to people now turning against Johnny since the release of the documents makes me crazy! They are literally saying, "it seems like" celebrities are turning their back on JD. Why do they speculate and make it sound as if it is fact?!!

Still standing with Johnny.

Thank you for posting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbosquez
Back