VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the photos in this Post article…Photoshop tears?? Also check out the happy photo of her leaving the courthouse.

Where did they buy that 3 piece pinstripe suit for her…Men’s Warehouse?

Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial: Live updates of Day 14

imo, these are not cry faces.

what they are, are angry hiding (or not) face contortions she is trying to make us think are cry faces.

I mean, do crying people usually bare their teeth?

Bredhoft has gone on & on about all the rings Depp wears when he supposedly hits Heard, so Heard tells this story, but nothing on her face…but on her arm…

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1521943474198573056?cxt=HHwWgMCjvdbhg58qAAAA

Heard testifies #JohnnyDepp held her by the arm during a fight and hit her in the face. She says that's where this bruise on her arm came from.

View attachment 342513

I know they put the photo into evidence and the time stamp of when she texted it to her mom .. but were the actual text messages surrounding that photo put into evidence? I would love to know what those say.

Did she describe the physical abuse she received as a child... via testimony, psych testing, anything? If not, is that because it's not relevant or did I miss it? TIA! Is it terrible I'm even questioning that it occurred?

I know they put the photo into evidence and the time stamp of when she texted it to her mom .. but were the actual text messages surrounding that photo put into evidence? I would love to know what those say.

One of her ‘exhibits’ so far, is a 14-page pdf with 98 percent of the pages blacked out, and one lone 3-line text message from JD’s agent in it.

I don’t know why they’re redacted; but stuff like that is just as likely to be because AH doesn’t have anything appropriate or case-useful in the multi-page message, as it is anything else, IMO.

If I recall, there was quite a bit of objections and interruptions today, while EB was quickly trying to get evidence photos in. RVasquez was quick to jump, but often times the outcome was questionable to me. There was some shady behavior I think, regarding some of those photos being admitted due to Metadata?
Not positive, but surely a shady area.

On catch-up so going to put today's synopsis up for context in the thread.

Sky News

Amber Heard's testimony begins

Amber Heard has taken the stand and is beginning her testimony.

She tells the court she has a one-year-old daughter and is an actress.

"I am here because my ex-husband is suing me," she tells the court.

Asked how she feels about this, she says: "I struggle to have the words... to find the words to describe how painful this is.

"This is horrible for me. To sit here for weeks and relive everything... hear people that I knew - some well, some not - my ex-husband, speak about our lives in the way that they have."

She says this is "the most painful and difficult thing I've ever gone through".

I'm sorry I chose not to read/post here today. I just caught-up and my face hurts from laughing :D I thought it was just me regarding the 3-piece suit and whacky bobby-pinned side "doo". I'm guessing her stylist and new PR team must enjoy 'shrooms, too... and maybe they think it's the Courtroom Coachella look??

The only award AH should receive is "The Grumpy Dumpy".

Her testimony is only Heardsay... with not a supporting fact in sight.
Her hair looks dirty to me, not second day hair where it looks better but like you could smell head sweat. Granted I have seen JD look dirty too but not in court; yes I am being shallow.

Sky News

From Texas to LA

Speaking about her childhood and teenage years, Amber Heard tells the court she grew up in Texas with her parents and has a younger sister, Whitney - Whit, she calls her.

She says her father broke horses when she was a child and she would help with this as she was "like the son he never had".

Heard tells the court she worked "any job that I could" when she was younger as she wanted to "get out of Texas". She says she wanted to "do more things with my life".

The court hears she was a scholarship student who attended Catholic schools in the "wealthier part of town". She says she grew up "quite working class".

After leaving school at 16, she says she worked for her father's construction company and also worked at a modelling agency that offered photography and make-up classes.

She says she took classes that she paid for by working there, and was eventually able to pay for headshots to use in the entertainment industry.

Heard also tells the court she volunteered.

In the entertainment industry, "no job was too small", she says, and she worked as an extra. A meeting with an agent led to a trip to Los Angeles when she was 17.

"I've effectively been there ever since," she says, telling the court she went to every audition and casting meeting that she could.

Heard says she went on to have small roles in some big films such as Pineapple Express and Friday Night Lights. Larger roles came in smaller films, she says, and "that's how it was".

"I was working my butt off," she says.

Sky News

'You're the dream': The Rum Diary

Asked about The Rum Diary, the film which led to her meeting Johnny Depp, she says she first auditioned in 2008.

The film is a 2011 comedy drama based on the 1998 novel of the same name by the late Hunter S Thompson.

She auditioned a couple of times and was told it was a project that was very important to Depp and so she was asked to meet him.

"We talked about books and music, poetry. We liked a lot of the same stuff, obscure writers... pieces of poetry I hadn't heard anyone else reference...

"I think I left the office with a few books that he gave me," she says.

"I knew who he was, I wasn't a fan of his work, I wasn't familiar with him, but I knew who he was... I'm a no-name actor, I was 22, I think... He was twice my age, a world-famous actor... I thought it was remarkable. I left there, just feeling 'wow'."

Heard tells the jury she found out a few days later that Depp was going to call her.

"You're it, kid. You're the dream," Depp told her, she says.

Heard's character was supposed to be a "dream woman", the "American dream".

They filmed in Puerto Rico, the actress tells the court.

Sky News

'It didn't feel like a normal scene anymore'

Amber Heard says there wasn't that much interaction with Johnny Depp on The Rum Diary set until they had a kissing scene.

"It didn't feel like a normal scene anymore, it felt more real," she says.

"He grabbed my face and pulled me into him and really kissed me," Heard tells the court. She says he used his tongue when he kissed her, which was something actors tend not to do when filming.

Heard celebrated her 23rd birthday during filming and Depp bought her a vintage bicycle, she says.

She tells the court there was a time she was wearing a bathrobe on set as a scene involved her changing. Depp kicked up the back of it with his boot.

"I giggled," she says. "I didn't feel... I didn't know what to make of it."

Depp then "playfully" pushed her down on a sofa bed, she says, and said: "Yum."

Both Heard and Depp were in relationships at the time - Heard with Tasya van Ree and Depp with Vanessa Paradis.

"I felt chemistry, I felt this other thing that went beyond my job, for sure. Johnny clearly felt that way about me... but at the same time we were both in relationships and it is a job."

Heard says after filming they had no contact until Depp called her one day and invited her to his home in Beverly Hills.

Sky News

'We fell in love'

Amber Heard tells the court that Johnny Depp sent her several gifts after they finished filming The Rum Diary, including a dress she wore in the movie, expensive books and guitars.

She says her partner at the time intercepted one delivery and Heard told her to send it back.

In the autumn of 2011, Heard and Depp went on a press tour for The Rum Diary to promote the film, the court hears. At this time, she was going through the process of separating from her partner, she says.

The beginning of the press tour was Los Angeles, Heard says. At the end of the day she was invited to Depp's hotel room to have a drink with him and the director - but says director Bruce R wasn't there when she arrived.

Heard said they spoke about her separation and Depp also told her he was separating from Vanessa P, the mother of his children.

Heard says they drank red wine and it felt like there was "an electricity" in the room, which was instant.

As she went to leave, she says Depp grabbed her face and kissed her, and "I kissed him back".

Asked what happened next, she says: "We fell in love."

She says after an event in London, for the rest of the press tour "it was on, I'll put it that way".

Sky News

'I felt he understood me'

Amber Heard says after the press tour for The Rum Diary, they had a "whirlwind romance". However, Depp's split from Paradis was not public at the time, the actress said.

Depp pointed out that the "world would blame me", she says, and think she was a "homewrecker, even though I had nothing to do with it".

Heard says their relationship in the early days was "beautiful".

"I felt like this man knew me and saw me in a way that no one else had," she tells the jury. "I felt he understood me, where I came from. I felt like when I was around Johnny the most beautiful person in the whole world."

Heard seems to become tearful as she tells the court Depp made her "feel like a million dollars".

It all felt very "intense", she says, but they "weren't doing normal life stuff... we were in this bubble of secrecy".

Heard says it felt like "a dream" and "absolute magic".

She says they would spend periods of time together and then Depp would "disappear" and she wouldn't be able to contact him.

If I recall, there was quite a bit of objections and interruptions today, while EB was quickly trying to get evidence photos in. RVasquez was quick to jump, but often times the outcome was questionable to me. There was some shady behavior I think, regarding some of those photos being admitted due to Metadata?
Not positive, but surely a shady area.

yeah, not a particular photo expert here, but the photo guy has opined on the record in the US trial docs I think… some of the pictures have turned out with metadata saying they originally date from the 70s and 80s, which as AH is currently admitting to being born in 1986, seems unlikely… whether and when that happens (dates changing) and how, I don’t know…

Did she describe the physical abuse she received as a child... via testimony, psych testing, anything? If not, is that because it's not relevant or did I miss it? TIA! Is it terrible I'm even questioning that it occurred?

TBH, I was sort of tuning out her childhood history/ breaking horses testimony. (The violins in my head were playing louder) I do recall her mentioning her parents had abused alcohol and opiates, and she claimed she had a great wealth of knowledge about addiction due to her experience. But, other than that...I don't think she touched on any other childhood abuse.

Sky News

'Extravagant trips, extravagant gestures'

Asked about Johnny Depp filming The Lone Ranger in 2012, Amber Heard says she would visit him while he was filming.

This was the first time the actor told her he had a health issue, she says - something to do with his liver, which is why he wasn't drinking alcohol. Heard says he was instead drinking lots of tea.

At this time, Depp was "so kind, so generous to my family", Heard says. She tells the court that the actor and her father seemed to get on really well.

Depp "showered" her father with "amazing" gifts. "I think my dad would have married him himself," she says. "They were definitely taken by him."

The actor was the same with her sister and her friends, Heard tells the court.

"Johnny's so generous and can be this really... overly generous, almost," she says. "He has access and means to really... extravagant trips, extravagant gestures."

Depp "showered" them with generosity, the actress says.

During the time filming The Lone Ranger, the actor wanted to buy her a horse, she tells the court. She says she resisted for about six weeks as this was "a crazy gift" but he insisted.

Sky News

'It felt dirty to be an actor - never mind that he was one'

Amber Heard is now telling the court how the relationship changed.

"It was always intense," she says. "It didn't become intense, it almost started that way. When I was with him, I felt that electricity in my body... I couldn't see straight, practically. I was head over heels in love.

"It felt like to me at the time there wasn't any love like that."

But then Depp started "to disappear" for periods of time and was drinking, she says. He started criticising her clothes and her work as an actress.

"I found myself wanting to not talk about auditions," she says. Depp would speak about her "whoring herself" in the context of acting. Other actresses were "worthless *advertiser censored*" and "fame hungry, expletive, expletive... it felt really dirty to be an actor, never mind that he was one."

Heard says that Depp would say to her: "That's really what you're wearing, kid? Oh, I see."

Describing one low-cut dress she wore to a red carpet event, she says he told her: "I think the whole world saw that, kid. That's how they'll remember you."

TBH, I was sort of tuning out her childhood history/ breaking horses testimony. (The violins in my head were playing louder) I do recall her mentioning her parents had abused alcohol and opiates, and she claimed she had a great wealth of knowledge about addiction due to her experience. But, other than that...I don't think she touched on any other childhood abuse.

Maybe she didn't claim she was abused by family as a child... it's possible I made an incorrect assumption.

Sky News

Do you remember the first time he hit you?

Amber Heard goes on to tell the court that things started to "blow up" in her relationship with Johnny Depp.

This started with him throwing things, she says. "He loves to smash up a place."

One time he "threw this glass across the kitchen" and it shattered behind her, she says.

Heard tells the court she started to notice a pattern of escalation and that Depp would then go and disappear and get "clean and sober" and "then he would go back to this... unbelievably nice, sensitive, kind, warm, generous, interesting, funny man that I loved".

This was so "distant" from the other side to him, which was "so scary", the actress says.

Heard then tells the court she will never forget the first time Depp hit her.

The actor was drinking and also using cocaine, she thinks, as there was a "jar" of it on the table. They were sitting next to each other and she asked him about the "Wino Forever" tattoo on his arm, the court hears.

Heard tells the court she laughed as she thought he was joking when he told her what it said - and then he slapped her, twice.

The actress says she laughed as she didn't know how to react. "You think you're funny, b****," she says he told her.

"It was clear it wasn't a joke anymore," she says. "I had never been hit like that."

Heard says Depp slapped her again, "hard".

"I didn't want this to be the reality," she says. "I know you don't come back from that, I'm not dumb."

Heard says before she knew what was happening, Depp started to cry.

Sky News

'Johnny on speed is very different from Johnny on opiates'

Rows with Johnny Depp would "escalate", Amber Heard tells the court, to the point where he would push her down.

"Eventually he'd just hit me," she says. Heard says she would always get back up and look him in the eye.

The actress is now being shown a picture of her face, the court hears. "As embarrassing as this sounds, I don't know what scene this came from," Heard says. There were lots of scenes like this, the court hears.

Heard is now asked to describe the "cycles" with Depp from 2012. It went from "walking on eggshells" and it was unclear what she was defending herself against, Heard says. "Accusations, and then he would explode."

She says the screaming was "the worst" and there was "nothing" she could do to calm him down.

She says Depp would grab her by the hair or arm and smash things around her.

The hitting "started with slapping", she says, which became "repetitive slaps" and more.

Heard says her defence was to "go to another place".

She says she told herself so many times she was done with the relationship, but that Depp would leave and then return "sober", which would feel "great". He would be "extra nice and extra apologetic".

But eventually he would start drinking again, she tells the court, and when she noticed the signs, he would "sneak it".

She says she learned how to react to situations depending on what Depp had allegedly drank or taken, as "Johnny on speed" is very different to "Johnny on opiates".

"Cocaine Johnny" is very different to "qualudes Johnny", she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member