VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak to that, but I do think they feel embarrassed for myriad reasons.
I can speak of my personal experience as a 15 to 18 year old DV victim. There's a perverse shaming that some DV victims feel because they feel they contributed to the situation which is reinforced by the abuser's gaslighting. I would hear "I do this because I love you and not because I want to hurt you..."

She wants to get on with her life. She wants to JD to leave her alone.
Well she put herself into this position.
And is it not fair that JD wants to get on with his life too? By clearing himself of her accusations?

Every time this woman starts baring her teeth, I have to sit on my hands lest my laptop screen gets cracked.

And yet, she still couldn't produce an actual tear.
nary a one. I can't wait for cross. She has a temper. We've seen her babied by her attorneys and she still can't seem to string coherent factual sounding sentences together to make herself look sympathetic. Once cross gets going that angry chin jut, contemptuous look and her outright rage will begin to pop.

I'm calling it now.

AH atty Please described how this has impacted you EMOTIONALLY?

(this is your clue kid, time to get emotional)
If AH had truly experienced the horrific physical and sexual abuse that she alleges, she would not have to "think" about being emotional. Emotions come freely from within and cannot be manufactured. I have not seen any "real" emotions from AH throughout her testimony thus far. That said, I expect to see anger, argumentativeness, defiance, and hostility during cross-examination. JMO

CourtTV expert talking head Jack Rice just nailed her, IMO… said that her testimony is her averring that she is always the plaster saint who has never done anything wrong; whereas JD clearly spent some time setting up his flaws and apportioning himself a share of the burden, I.e. owning them, in a very believable way (his exact phrase, ‘Frankly, I expected more out of Amber Heard today”, made me lol - he’s been on several days by now, you would think he’d feel like he has in fact ‘met’ her.)

I'm struggling to understand why Depp isn't denying her claims in the recordings.

Curious to know if anyone has a plausible explanation.

I've always figured there was a bit of push back from Depp but not to the extent of black eyes.

Speaking only from personal experience .. when dealing with someone like this, you just keep your mouth shut .. the more you say, the worse it gets. The more you try and stick up for yourself, the more ammunition they have to keep the argument going. You learn to pick and choose your battles because you don't win with them.

Agree. No innocent parties here. They preyed on each others' personality defects, anger, ego and substance dependency. They were toxic together. Having said that, I'm finding AH less credible than JD. I honestly don't care how this ends. Just want to find who will be granted the millions $$$$$$$$$.

Again, for me, it's not about how they come across in court (they're both actors, let's not forget that), it's about what they've both admitted to while they were together. No amount of actorly polish can put a shine on that or either of their attempts to justify and/or minimise any of it.

Both are playing to an audience and they're both milking it to the nth degree imo.

In a better world, the jury would come to ^that conclusion, the judge would accept its conclusion, dismiss all charges, fine them both severely for such selfish, infantile wasting of valuable court time, and send the pair of them home with a 'get help and grow the eff up' ringing in their self-serving, egotistical ears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member