VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily, in California. For example, they were together as a couple, for a few years before the marriage. So her divorce atty could show that any money he made while they were living together was community property as well.

JMO
You are right that it is not cut and dry. If she paid him money towards a mortgage or any investment, she could attempt to claim ownership (in part) of certain assets. However, in general, what they come to the marriage with is typically sole property. But again, you are right in that if she was investing with him, that is a diff. story.

As always, amateur opinion and speculation

Victims would benefit far more by having Camille Vasquez as an advocate (or "Ambassador) than AH! (Yes, I'm looking at you ACLU... no wait, CV is too great for the ACLU so they shouldn't be so lucky to ever have her!)

jmo

Hey Bravo!

I was trying to find the right word on what AH was "doing." AH just wants to keep ENGAGING. She doesn't want to let it go. She doesn't want it to stop. She's engrossed....

And he needed to leave or escape for his sanity. Unfortunately, an abuser doesn't like it when you do not stand there and listen to the abusive rant, so walking away can seem like the absolutely worst option at the time of attack, yet walking away from verbal abuse is probably the best option, every time. And he TRIED...

The problem with this type of person is they keep going until they either get whatever it is they are wanting from that particular argument or until they break you (physically or emotionally). One of their favorite things is sleep deprivation .. they will continue to argue all night long, no matter how tired the other person is. It's very common for the person that it's happening to to end up leaving or sometimes even sleeping in their car just to try and get some peace. They are exhausting. Johnny is fortunate he had another home to escape too when needed. It's just sad that he had to do that.

That's horrific to hear, Elon dodged a bullet.

Community Property
California is a community property state, meaning that a marriage or registration of domestic partnership makes two people one legal “community.” Any property or debt acquired by one person during the marriage or partnership is seen as belonging to the community, and not the individual that accrued it. In the words of California Family Code section 760, community property is defined as “all property, real or personal, wherever situated, acquired by a married person during the marriage while domiciled in the state.” At the end of a divorce, community property is generally split 50/50.
The state’s definition of community property is intended to be an umbrella classification covering many categories of property and possessions. The state relies on a host of additional statutes that delineate whether real property or personal property is community or not, depending on various interweaving factors and stipulations.

She could have probably received more in her divorce settlement than 14 mill, because she was with him when he was doing many of his projects. But I think she was more focused upon ruining him and his reputation, than she was on getting a bigger divorce settlement.

I think she had a bloated opinion of herself and her talents and she believed she would have a big career and marry a new rich victim, so she was not worried about money. I think she wanted vengeance. JMO

Community Property
California is a community property state, meaning that a marriage or registration of domestic partnership makes two people one legal “community.” Any property or debt acquired by one person during the marriage or partnership is seen as belonging to the community, and not the individual that accrued it. In the words of California Family Code section 760, community property is defined as “all property, real or personal, wherever situated, acquired by a married person during the marriage while domiciled in the state.” At the end of a divorce, community property is generally split 50/50.
The state’s definition of community property is intended to be an umbrella classification covering many categories of property and possessions. The state relies on a host of additional statutes that delineate whether real property or personal property is community or not, depending on various interweaving factors and stipulations.

She could have probably received more in her divorce settlement than 14 mill, because she was with him when he was doing many of his projects. But I think she was more focused upon ruining him and his reputation, than she was on getting a bigger divorce settlement.

I think she had a bloated opinion of herself and her talents and she believed she would have a big career and marry a new rich victim, so she was not worried about money. I think she wanted vengeance. JMO
key words: during the marriage

any property, funds, investment portfolios etc belonging to or acquired by a party before marriage is not included.
iirc, neither are inheritances.

However what it does also include are debts acquired during the marriage. As are bankruptcy, any liens, and liability due to lawsuits against one of the parties.

I went through this.

key words: during the marriage

any property, funds, investment portfolios etc belonging to or acquired by a party before marriage is not included.
iirc, neither are inheritances.

However what it does also include are debts acquired during the marriage. As are bankruptcy, any liens, and liability due lawsuits against one of the parties.

I went through this.
I’m sure that’s why AH was upset she was not in the will. Just sayin’ & kinda scary now that we see how she treated him.
I would be curious to know if he put her on any of the deeds. Or ownership of the island.
I bet not. I know Amber wanted one of the penthouses & the Range Rover in the divorce. Did not get them.
I bet you he has a living will where his kids, possibly sister maybe Vanessa,friends get it all. TG!
ETA:
JMO

Last edited:
I don’t recall ever hearing of ANY abused person running around belittling, bullying and provoking a physical attack….and her supposed abuse photos are a complete joke. I was punched twice in the face by a bully with rings on and it definitely made marks and swelling in the face, especially when it’s near the eyes… she is just evil IMHO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500