VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't recall if the audio recording taken in Australia after the finger incident wherein AH says "All I was popping was Xanax, Adderall, ecstasy, and hallucinogens." has been played at trial but if not it needs to be for this alleged expert.

I think the only part of that 5 hour recording that has been played is the very first part where JD says "I wish you knew who you are and what you are and make me feel SICK .. OF MYSELF" .. something like that! lol

Sky News

'Depp was a narcissist'

Psychiatrist David R Spiegel is giving expert evidence on behalf of Amber Heard's team. He says he has reviewed various notes, including those of Johnny Depp's private doctor, Dr Kipper, as well as "councillor notes, therapist notes, psychologist notes and evaluations, and videos."

Dr Spiegel describes one form of intimate partner violence (IPV), saying: "Psychological aggression would be engaging in behaviour with the sole purpose of physically or emotionally harming someone with the aim of control."

He is asked about career control and says "preventing someone to succeed [in their career] would be a form of psychological aggression". The court has previous heard that Depp allegedly discouraged Heard from taking roles, and didn't like her working.

The doctor says both substance abuse and lack of behavioural control and impulsiveness are "risk factors" for IPV. He goes on to say "writing on wall and mirrors, writing in blood, damaging furniture... all that would be factors in that". We have previously seen images of such house damage which Heard alleges was carried out by Depp in a rage.

Dr Spiegel goes on to describe narcissism, saying it's characterised by "poor self control, rapid mood shifts, an undue sense of admiration, the worship of power and control and lack of empathy". He says "people are kept around as long as they are useful to them [the narcissist], they have a large sense of entitlement, and a need for praise." He says all those traits would be included in a narcistic personality and raise the risk of IPV.

Heard's lawyer prompts: "And being envious, having fragile self esteem?"

Dr Spiegel agrees.

Heard's lawyer asks what parts of Depp's behaviour correlate with being narcissistic, and he answers: "The fact that Ms Heard owed him, and only wanted to be together with him because of his fame was an example of that. The jealousy was part of that."

He goes on: "In order to maintain any form of self control, a narcissist has to have lack of empathy... That's another facet".

The doctor also says gaslighting, and the perpetrator blaming the victim of abuse themselves is very usual.

EB does not seem to follow courtroom protocol at all...from not turning on her mike to engaging in speaking objections and responses....the other AH attorney is far better. If I were AH I would ask that he handle most witnesses. He is not great but sure better.

Sky News

'Apologies and promises'

Psychiatrist David R Spiegel says that after incidents of aggression: "It was almost routine afterwards [Depp] would apologise for letting this monster - this anger - out".

He says when Depp was sober he could see his life was better without the drink and drugs.

The Goldwater rule

Psychiatrist David R Spiegel says the Goldwater rule is not applicable to him in this case, as he says he has read many notes about Johnny Depp in order to evaluate him, as well as twice attempting to evaluate the actor directly. He says he is therefore not just an "armchair critic" judging the case from the outside.

The Goldwater rule is Section 7 in the American Psychiatric Association's (APA) Principles of Medical Ethics, which states that psychiatrists have a responsibility to participate in activities contributing to the improvement of the community and the betterment of public health, but they should not give a professional opinion about public figures whom they have not examined in person, and from whom they have not obtained consent to discuss their mental health in public statements.

It is named after former US Senator and 1964 presidential nominee Barry Goldwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2