VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now they admit they have no evidence she made it to the mall. They also seem eager to portray the stepfather as innocent and it's odd how he's never been publicly named. This whole case is either being very strategically played or very incompetently played. I really hope there is a strategy going on.

They've stated before that there's no proof she made it there. They've stated that it's been confirmed that stepdads vehicle was in the area.

Just my opinion but seems odd that NO new developments in either case. Praying your ok Katelin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now they admit they have no evidence she made it to the mall. They also seem eager to portray the stepfather as innocent and it's odd how he's never been publicly named. This whole case is either being very strategically played or very incompetently played. I really hope there is a strategy going on.

Regarding the bolded part above _ I posed a question very early on to this forum asking in what cases are individuals not named in a case like this. I understand the media cannot accuse and must be careful with wording but I found it odd that no mention was ever made of a name. Locally in my news sources - media tends to afford that courtesy to certain LE and politically connected individuals. Example - In a recent DUI report - you will see "a 23 year old male" versus "John Smith" - this was because the person was LE related.

Has the other case in VA where the young lady was shot in her car solved? I believe her name was heather? I know off topic. Just wondering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet they no more in that case. The case where the girl was burned has been solved and took nearly a year.

Regarding the bolded part above _ I posed a question very early on to this forum asking in what cases are individuals not named in a case like this. I understand the media cannot accuse and must be careful with wording but I found it odd that no mention was ever made of a name. Locally in my news sources - media tends to afford that courtesy to certain LE and politically connected individuals. Example - In a recent DUI report - you will see "a 23 year old male" versus "John Smith" - this was because the person was LE related.

We just had a "John Smith" and "another 23 year old male" arrested for meth last week. Seems they could have left both unnamed just to make it slightly less obvious it was the county deputy's son.

I agree Tabirey!

Seriously, this seems to have gone cold. I truly hope LE is working this on the DL. I was going back over everything and I keep getting stuck on what the media reported about the warrants for her SM being sealed. IMO, I think they did find information that's pertinent to the case, but I don't think it's information that points to her missing voluntarily, I think it's completely different from that. I think (hope ) they're waiting for someone to slip up.

I think she means because Katelin stayed at her Mom's, not her Step-Dad's house when she was visiting. She just got dropped off at her Step-Dad's house for him to drive her to the airport. She would have already done laundry and been packed. That's my understanding, anyway.

:stop:

If the SF hasn't been named a POI/Suspect, we won't either here at WS. So let's please stop.

Thanks!

Do we know for certain when Katelyn was dropped off at SD's house?

If it was in the a.m. and we happened to suspect that the shopping mall trip were inaccurate then I would think she had plenty of time to shower and do laundry before going to the airport.

Do we know for certain when Katelyn was dropped off at SD's house?

If it was in the a.m. and we happened to suspect that the shopping mall trip were inaccurate then I would think she had plenty of time to shower and do laundry before going to the airport.

This whole story is one big fudge bar. According to the nonsense below, she was dropped off at 1pm or earlier.

Early Saturday Dec 5 2015
Katelin’s mother (Lisa Sullivan) drops her off at her stepfather’s home in Spotsylvania County, so he can take Katelin to Reagan National Airport: she is supposed to catch a 5:40 p.m. flight to Las Vegas, where her fiancé (Amber Rios) would pick her up and drive them back to their home in Lake Havasu City.

• (Katelin’s mother and stepdad are divorced, but are still on friendly terms)
  • According to Katelin’s mother, she was excited to go back to Arizona to start cosmetology school.
  • Katelin’s stepfather later tells her mother that, while on the way to the airport, Katelin asked to be dropped off by the Springfield mall, from where she planned to travel to the airport from the nearby Franconia-Springfield Metro station: Katelin has never taken the metro on her own before.
  • Investigating LE has said there is NO surveillance video of Katelin from the mall, or the metro.
  • Katelin may have (according to Amber) been wearing a dark gray fleece pullover sweater with a Bass Pro Shop emblem on it, as well as pink and grey Vans brand shoes.
Afternoon Saturday Dec 5 2015
Katelin’s mother receives a text message from Katelin’s phone at around 2:00 p.m., saying she had arrived safely at the airport.
(Time of text verified by family) http://courtjunkie.com/missing-katelin-akens/

With limited information to work with it's very difficult to decide how and where to search for Katelyn.
I try and figure out the “why” someone is missing and then work from there. In this case there is no clear reason as to why she's missing so speculation based on the little bit of information and known evidence is all we have.
I go back to the last known communications..ie; the texts. I have to believe based on the timing of the texts and lack of supporting video evidence inside the mall, at the metro, and the airport that they must have both been lies not sent by Katelyn herself.
The luggage being discarded in the manner that it was further supports my original theory that this was an abduction. Imo.
But the peculiar staging is contradictory imo. Texts to look like a voluntary disappearance vs luggage to look like a kidnapping. This is all very strange imo.

Hopefully I'm wrong but for the purpose of searching all we can do is follow the evidence.
I hope that folks continue to look for Katelyn alive and well hiding out somewhere and getting it all together.
I would also continue looking for evidence in the area of the luggage discard and work from there.
This location should probably be checked;

Motts Run Resevoir Rec Area
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...-77.5162274!2d38.3062671!1m0!1m0!3e0?hl=en-US

Wasn't the area near where her luggage found gated off for the season? Maybe it will be open soon if it isn't already. I agree more searching in that area should be done with the info that is out there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have followed this from the get go and I do NOT believe Kaitlin disappeared herself. I think something nefarious happened to her after she left her mothers house. I dont believe she ever made it to the airport. The toss luggage, the text messages are also suspect in my opinion. Laid out there to way lay the search efforts. I dont she would have voluntarily left the life she was living. JMO.

I have followed this from the get go and I do NOT believe Kaitlin disappeared herself. I think something nefarious happened to her after she left her mothers house. I dont believe she ever made it to the airport. The toss luggage, the text messages are also suspect in my opinion. Laid out there to way lay the search efforts. I dont she would have voluntarily left the life she was living. JMO.

I agree, but I'm still wondering though what LE could have possibly found on her SM that had them originally stating that she may have disappeared voluntarily but that the disappearance was suspicious....kind of contradictory to me.

I agree, but I'm still wondering though what LE could have possibly found on her SM that had them originally stating that she may have disappeared voluntarily but that the disappearance was suspicious....kind of contradictory to me.

I'm curious as well. Not to mention her fiancee saying that she discovered something that has changed the nature of their relationship. It kind of makes me think that she must have said something that alluded to her leaving or had an interest in someone else. Otherwise why would their relationship change?

It's all been very odd. I think there is more to this story. I hope she is safe.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members