VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

WHat I am seriously having an issue with...WHY are LE doing this sudden turn around? a WHOLE YEAR has been lost as far as evidence, witnesses, etc! UGH

Totally agree. It sounds fake on their part.

They showed no urgency for a year. But now want to have people being on the lookout for someone that may have changed their appearance or called off work or possibly moved? Wth

Also now they don't believe that she ever left the county?

Wth. It seems more like a LE (1 year anniversary) pr stunt then a actual ongoing investigation that they are supposedly working. Jmo

But hopefully I'm wrong since I'm never right all of the time.

Totally agree. It sounds fake on their part.

They showed no urgency for a year. But now want to have people being on the lookout for someone that may have changed their appearance or called off work or possibly moved? Wth

Also now they don't believe that she ever left the county?

Wth. It seems more like a LE (1 year anniversary) pr stunt then a actual ongoing investigation that they are supposedly working. Jmo

But hopefully I'm wrong since I'm never right all of the time.

or since the runaway and return didn't pan out they are seeing if perhaps foul play is involved?

ETA Perhaps someone reviewed the initial investigation of the case.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that LE was trying to keep someone "comfortable " by not stating that her disappearance was suspicious and the little tidbit that something was found on her SM that made them believe she'd left voluntarily. Imho, they were hoping to gather information on the poi without tipping them off. I'm hoping now they'll be able to get official searches going and bring closure to her family. From day one, I've never believed she left voluntarily and I've never believed she left Spotsylvania.JMO, MOO and all that jazz. ..

or since the runaway and return didn't pan out they are seeing if perhaps foul play is involved?

I'd agree with this, maybe the cases transition to fresh eyes at the year mark and there is someone with new energy behind the case now

BBM: I've thought from the beginning that LE felt she was voluntarily missing and assumed she would resurface and all would be well. Now it's been a year and no Katelin.

I hope I'm wrong and that LE has been working this entire time on finding Katelin. Personally, I've never though she went missing voluntarily. Where are you sweet girl?

Edited to add: JMO ;)

Not sure why I find Katelin's case so haunting.

Possibly because there seems so little concern over her being missing & having a daughter the same age, that seems so WRONG.

She looks such a sweet soul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure why I find Katelin's case so haunting.

Possibly because there seems so little concern over her being missing & having a daughter the same age, that seems so WRONG.

She looks such a sweet soul.

same here, not sure why this one has stuck with me but it bugs me to no end that it doesnt seem like it ever got much attention, i have to remind myself that many times there is a lot going on behind the scenes and to just hope that is happening here...

seems too late now but i always hoped they would release a picture of the car she was supposed to be in last, maybe it would have triggered someone's memory (nothing to do with the driver), like they saw that car being followed by another, or they saw a girl get out of that car and talk to someone else etc...

The county gives Kaitlyn her yearly update of how the case has supposedly progressed.

But they still haven't given the same yearly update about Heathers case.

Especially since these cases happened a day apart
Wth

One factor which swayed me at the start, was a FB post by her girlfriend Amber, which suggested that since Katelin's disappearance, she had found out things about her girlfriend, that had been a shock to her & she wished Katelin well.

I don't remember the exact wording.

It strikes me that someone could have given Amber false information, making it appear that Katelin had chosen not to return 'home' to Amber in Arizona, & thereby stopped Amber from creating a fuss over her disappearance.

I would love to know what Amber heard, and from whom.
It did not sound as if she had heard directly from Katelin.
The 'revelation' whatever it was, was obviously devastating to her.

These two appeared so 'in love'.

I fear there has been a travesty of justice, regarding this missing girl, with the possible perpetrator encouraging the belief that she disappeared by choice.

I sincerely hope the renewed interest in Kaitlyn's case will result to her being found!

The county gives Kaitlyn her yearly update of how the case has supposedly progressed.

But they still haven't given the same yearly update about Heathers case.

Especially since these cases happened a day apart
Wth
I was hoping to see something.

who made the map for this case? you still around?

One factor which swayed me at the start, was a FB post by her girlfriend Amber, which suggested that since Katelin's disappearance, she had found out things about her girlfriend, that had been a shock to her & she wished Katelin well.

I don't remember the exact wording.

It strikes me that someone could have given Amber false information, making it appear that Katelin had chosen not to return 'home' to Amber in Arizona, & thereby stopped Amber from creating a fuss over her disappearance.

I would love to know what Amber heard, and from whom.
It did not sound as if she had heard directly from Katelin.
The 'revelation' whatever it was, was obviously devastating to her.

These two appeared so 'in love'.

I fear there has been a travesty of justice, regarding this missing girl, with the possible perpetrator encouraging the belief that she disappeared by choice.

I had forgotten that bit.
It could have been the person that has/had Katelin's phone and also who sent the text telling her she wasn't coming home.

only one person on earth knew about her changing her plans and asking to be left at the mall.

the police no longer believe that she was ever taken to the mall... or the train station... or the airport.

so why is this person not considered a person of interest or suspect again?

im sure there is a really good reason and im just missing it.

Going back to the original story from a year ago, this popped out at me:

Investigators have been unable to confirm the teen was ever at the mall, as the area where her stepfather said he dropped her off is reportedly not covered by surveillance cameras.

Akens’ stepfather as “absolutely” cooperative in the investigation and said he is not considered a suspect or person of interest in his stepdaughter’s disappearance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katelin-akens-missing_us_56c78012e4b041136f16f6b7

Police have yet to find any surveillance footage of Akens at the mall or anywhere else. But he said police have corroborated the stepfather’s story that he dropped her off in Northern Virginia. Police would not say how the story was corroborated, saying that was part of the ongoing investigation.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_d1261048-9f60-11e5-8ac1-9bfcd1eaae4e.html

Was it on this forum that we talked about the possibility of Katelin being taken to an extreme religious camp to "cure her lesbianism"?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Was it on this forum that we talked about the possibility of Katelin being taken to an extreme religious camp to "cure her lesbianism"?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Gawd that is sad, but why would father report her missing if that was the case?

Going back to the original story from a year ago, this popped out at me:

Investigators have been unable to confirm the teen was ever at the mall, as the area where her stepfather said he dropped her off is reportedly not covered by surveillance cameras.

Akens’ stepfather as “absolutely” cooperative in the investigation and said he is not considered a suspect or person of interest in his stepdaughter’s disappearance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katelin-akens-missing_us_56c78012e4b041136f16f6b7

Police have yet to find any surveillance footage of Akens at the mall or anywhere else. But he said police have corroborated the stepfather’s story that he dropped her off in Northern Virginia. Police would not say how the story was corroborated, saying that was part of the ongoing investigation.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_d1261048-9f60-11e5-8ac1-9bfcd1eaae4e.html

Interesting...shouldn't he be a POI just for the fact that he was the last one to see her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleCrimeOnThePrairie
Back