VA VA - Kathleen Haley, 37, Newport News, 1 Sept 2012

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything on here although I still read the posts and follow up on any reports of unidentified remains. I continue to hope she is found.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I am battling a brain tumor. So far I am winning the battle but it sure has taken a toll on me. Thanks!

Newport News PD has a cold case list but Kathleen is not on it. I just emailed the cold case unit to request that she be added to that list and will let you know what I hear back.

Newport News PD has a cold case list but Kathleen is not on it. I just emailed the cold case unit to request that she be added to that list and will let you know what I hear back.

I never did get the impression that NNPD was really on top of this case.

I emailed the NNPD as well. I got a reply thanking me for the email. They said they would respond within 1-2 business days. That was on 05 Sept. On the 6th they responded and said to contact the Cold Case unit directly. (Why couldn't they forward it?)

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything on here although I still read the posts and follow up on any reports of unidentified remains. I continue to hope she is found.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I am battling a brain tumor. So far I am winning the battle but it sure has taken a toll on me. Thanks!

Glad to see you posting! Sorry to hear about the tumor, hope it's benign! - can relate a bit as my wife has large 1.6 inch meningioma - keep up the fight!

Did you contact them? They probably will want to talk to you for a bit...

I emailed the NNPD as well. I got a reply thanking me for the email. They said they would respond within 1-2 business days. That was on 05 Sept. On the 6th they responded and said to contact the Cold Case unit directly. (Why couldn't they forward it?)

Bumping for Kathleen. Hard to believe it has been 5 years! Someone, please say something.

It states that her dog is missing. I thought the dog was found and is with one of her relatives.

I too remember reading that...her brother in-law said the dog was found (in Tennessee?) nobody ever confirmed when asked. Weird!

Thank you all for not giving up on Kathy. There is not a day that gose by and we dont think about her. Dine and I have decided that we have been silent long enough. Law enforcement has had over 5 years to sove this case and still no progress. Diane and I are going to clear up all of the misinformation. We are going to put it all on paper and share it with you all. Once again thank you and you we see an epic up date soon.

J.M. Roman

[h=1]Police: Investigators looking for Newport News woman missing since 2012, requesting public assistance[/h]
Newport News Police investigators are seeking the public's assistance to solve a 2012 missing person case, officials said in a news release.

Police are searching for Kathleen Haley, 37, of Newport News. She was last heard from by a family member on Aug. 30, 2012, and a missing person report was filed on Sept. 7, 2012, according to Newport News Police spokesman MPO Brandon Maynard.
Officers responded to the 2800 block of West Avenue, where Haley lived at the time. Officers entered the residence and observed the apartment to be in disarray and personal items missing. The investigation revealed that Haley lived in Newport News but worked at a lounge off George Washington Memorial Highway in Portsmouth, Maynard wrote.
http://www.dailypress.com/news/crim...port-news-woman-missing-since-2012-story.html

[h=1]Police: Investigators looking for Newport News woman missing since 2012, requesting public assistance[/h]
http://www.dailypress.com/news/crim...port-news-woman-missing-since-2012-story.html

Police are requesting anyone who may have socialized or worked with Haley, described as a white woman, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and approximately 110 pounds, to contact the Newport News Police Department or Crime Line, the release stated.

If you know anything about this missing person case, call the anonymous Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887). Remember, Crime Line callers may remain anonymous, are never required to testify in court and could be eligible for a cash reward with information leading to an arrest.

For the longest time, NN PD did not have her case on their website. And when I sent an email asking why it wasn't there they emailed me back and asked if I had any info on it. And I'm wondering why it has not been solved. o_O

Snipped from the link above...
...Haley lived by herself in a second floor Newport News apartment. She worked as a dancer at club along George Washington Highway in Portsmouth.

..."The information that I need is building a time line where she was, where she worked, who she worked with and who she socialized with," Gordon said. "That's the kind of information that I am asking the community to provide."

BBM above

SOOOO, they don't know the name of the place where Kathleen worked???

No boss, co-workers or friends have come forward??

Snipped from the link above...
...Haley lived by herself in a second floor Newport News apartment. She worked as a dancer at club along George Washington Highway in Portsmouth.

..."The information that I need is building a time line where she was, where she worked, who she worked with and who she socialized with," Gordon said. "That's the kind of information that I am asking the community to provide."

BBM above

SOOOO, they don't know the name of the place where Kathleen worked???

No boss, co-workers or friends have come forward??

That's just great. Over 6 years and now let's start an investigation.

Those go go bars (and there's more than one) in the area where she worked is very close to a Naval Shipyard. There are plenty of sailors that live on ship and in the area surrounding it. I would assume that some may frequent the go go bars (otherwise why would they put all in one area?). I think I or someone else had mentioned before that it would be easy for someone in the military to somewhat disappear after her murder/disappearance. I so hope they find out what happened to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back