VA VA - Keeshae Jacobs, 21, Richmond, 26 Sept 2016

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Gardener1850, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

3. JerseyGirl

4. JerseyGirl

5. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Believer of Miracles

6. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

7. JerseyGirl

On September 26, 2016, 21-year-old Keeshae Jacobs texted her mother Toni to say she was going to spend the night at a friend’s house. Keeshae said she’d be home the following day. She never came home. Her friends would later tell authorities they dropped Keeshae off that night in the Church Hill neighborhood of Richmond, Virginia, about 10 minutes away from her house. Keeshae said she was going to meet someone, the friends told Toni, but they didn’t know who the person was. Despite searches, police have not found Keeshae’s cellphone, ID, or the small bag of clothes she had with her for her overnight stay. Authorities suspect foul play in Keeshae’s disappearance and told Dateline they feel someone in the community knows something about what happened the night she vanished.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

sallye818, Gardener1850 and StarEyes like this.
  8. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

sallye818, TarainVA and Gardener1850 like this.
  9. Gardener1850

Updated January 1 at 10:48 PM

The Ashanti Alert, like the other alert systems, will notify the public about missing or endangered adults, ages 18-64, through a national communications network to assist law enforcement in the search.

It’s a tragedy that instantly connected Toni Jacobs, a Richmond advocate for families of missing loved ones, to Meltony and Brandy Billie, because the disappearance of her own child, Keeshae Jacobs, more than two years ago.

“When I see someone else’s child go missing, the first thing that goes through my mind is, ‘Oh my God, the pain that the parents are going through,’”Jacobs said.

Since Keeshae went missing, Jacobs has vowed to keep fighting for the families of missing people all over the commonwealth.

“It has driven me to fight for other people and wanting to help other people so they wouldn’t have to go though it alone,” said Jacobs.

Trump signs 'Ashanti Alert’ into law

sallye818, Soulmagent and StarEyes like this.
  10. TarainVA

TarainVA Active Member

Thank you for the Vanished podcast link. I finally got around to listening to it this weekend.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    StarEyes likes this.
  11. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

You’re very welcome!:)

12. Gardener1850

‘I’m not giving up’: Mother continues search for missing daughter, starts foundation to help others

April 26, 2019

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - It has been almost three years since Toni Jacobs has gotten the chance to wrap her arms around her daughter Keeshae.

“I just made a post the other day, why can’t I find KeeShae Jacobs? But I am not giving up,” Toni Jacobs said.

On Sept. 26th, 2016, a then 21-year-old Keeshae told family she was headed to a friends house near Chimbarazo Park, and also said she would be back. Family and friends continue to wait for her return, while so much remains a painful mystery.

“They’re saying someone incarcerated is aware, they say they know what happened, where she’s at, or have information period,” said Jacobs. "As of right now they say they’re not going to see this person again, because the person won’t talk.”

Keeshae’s story has been shared nationwide over the years, but Jacobs feels another family tragedy, pushed Keeshae’s disappearance to the forefront of the hearts and minds of Richmonders.

“After my son got murdered, I think that pushed it to another level,” said Jacobs. “It flashed brother of missing woman murdered.”

In January 2017, just four months after Keeshae’s disappearance, Deavon Jacobs, Keeshae’s older brother was shot and killed. James Henshaw was arrested, charged and convicted of murder, but in January 2019, a judge ordered a new trial which will take place in June 2019.

More at link: ‘I’m not giving up’: Mother continues search for missing daughter, starts foundation to help others

sallye818 and Lynetta like this.
  13. Gardener1850

14. JerseyGirl

Lynetta and Gardener1850 like this.
  15. TarainVA

TarainVA Active Member

Keeshae's disappearance is heart breaking. Her mother has never stopped looking for her and helping other families. I'd bet the guy whose house she was dropped off at, who is now in prison on unrelated charges, knows what happened to her.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    sallye818 and Lynetta like this.
  16. Lynetta

Lynetta Well-Known Member

Gardener1850 likes this.
  17. sallye818

sallye818 Well-Known Member

So very sad for this mother to have lost two children :(

Lynetta likes this.
  18. proctorelites

proctorelites Well-Known Member

Lynetta likes this.
  19. Gardener1850

Yes, it's a new law named after Ashanti Billie. She was a 19 year old student that was kidnapped and murdered by a homeless man. He kidnapped her outside her workplace on a military base in her own car and drove her from VA to NC. He left her body in NC not far from a place he used to live and then returned to VA to abandon her car there. Her parents are both military veterans and were so amazing at pushing for this new law so that in the future kidnapped adults may get an Ashanti Alert, like an Amber Alert is for for kidnapped children. Here is her thread: Found Deceased - VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl and Lynetta like this.
  20. JerseyGirl