VA VA - Keeshae Jacobs, 21, Richmond, 26 Sept 2016

keeshae_jacobs_dd287e0a675a8048760c67dd20e0a32d.fit-760w.png

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

From the link:

On September 26, 2016, 21-year-old Keeshae Jacobs texted her mother Toni to say she was going to spend the night at a friend’s house. Keeshae said she’d be home the following day. She never came home. Her friends would later tell authorities they dropped Keeshae off that night in the Church Hill neighborhood of Richmond, Virginia, about 10 minutes away from her house. Keeshae said she was going to meet someone, the friends told Toni, but they didn’t know who the person was. Despite searches, police have not found Keeshae’s cell phone, ID, or the small bag of clothes she had with her for her overnight stay. Authorities suspect foul play in Keeshae’s disappearance and told Dateline they feel someone in the community knows something about what happened the night she vanished. If you have any information on Keeshae’s whereabouts, please call Major Crimes Detective William Thompson at (804) 646-3925 or Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000. You can also text Crime Stoppers at 274637, using the key word “ITip” followed by your tip. Both Crime Stoppers methods are anonymous.

Curious why her friends didn't tell her mother where she was dropped off at when she initially starting looking for her. Did they think she wouldn't want to know where she went? If so, why? What was she doing in Church Hill with the overnight bag? Spending the night at that house or was it a ruse? What was her relationship with the guy whose house she supposedly was dropped off at, who is now in jail? Who was this person the friends claim she was going to meet there? They don't know who....surely, they had to ask for what purpose. Why did her friends not immediately contact her mother or police and instead asked the guy whose house she was dropped off at if she was still there? Her brother had gotten out of jail for dealing drugs, just a month I think, before her disappearance. Did he know the person whose house she was dropped off at or the person she was supposed to meet? I can't shake there is a lot that isn't bring shared, likely not even with her mother. Everytime I see an update I hope she's been found.

There are more photos on her Charley Project profile.
Richmond VA > Police > Home
Keeshae Eunique Jacobs – The Charley Project
keeshae_eunique_jacobs_1.jpg
keeshae_eunique_jacobs_9.jpg
keeshae_eunique_jacobs_3.jpg
keeshae_eunique_jacobs_4.jpg
keeshae_eunique_jacobs_7.jpg

• Missing Since 09/26/2016
  • Missing From Richmond, Virginia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'3, 100 - 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description - A pink head scarf, black basketball shorts and pink, black Nike basketball sneakers and possibly a silver Pandora bracelet with a "Vegas" charm. Her fingernails were painted blue.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Jacobs has the following tattoos: paw prints on her right thigh, a flower on her right hand, a leaf on her right foot, the name "Toni" beneath a heart on her left shoulder, and a rose on her left arm/shoulder. Her ears are pierced. Photos of Jacobs's rose, paw print and "Toni" tattoos are posted with this case summary. Her nicknames are Kee Kee and Shae.
Details of Disappearance
Jacobs was last seen in the 3100 block of east Broad Street near Chimborazo Park in Richmond, Virginia on September 26, 2016. She texted her mother saying she was spending the night with a friend and would come home the next day. She never returned home and has never been heard from again.

Since Jacobs's disappearance she hasn't used her cellular phone, bank card, email or Facebook account. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning.

In early January 2017, three and a half months after Jacobs's disappearance, her only sibling was murdered. A suspect has been charged in that case; Jacobs's brother's murder isn't believed to be connected to her disappearance.

Jacobs never moved out of her mother's home after graduating from Richmond High School; she worked various jobs while trying to decide what to do with her life. She was close to both her mother and her brother. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.

I heard some new info on this case on the news tonight. Police found her blood droplets in the house that her friends said that she was dropped off at. The guy that had been living there at the time is a person of interest as a result. Someone in that local area has to know something and has stayed silent all these years. The houses are all right next to each other. Still no arrest. Very sad.

On Monday afternoon, Richmond Police Chief Gerald Smith is expected to make a plea to the community to generate new leads in the unsolved cases.

Sunday evening, Jacobs’ family held a vigil for her in Chimborazo Park. Her mother, Toni Jacobs, is calling for more attention to her daughter’s case.

“I come out to celebrate because I know in my heart she’s going to come home,” she told 8News. “And I do this. and record it just in case it’s on Facebook and she gets a chance and opportunity to see it. She’ll be like “Oh my mom still looking for me. I told y’all my momma ain’t going to stop.”

That press conference is slated for 1 p.m. Monday.

If you know anything about these cases, call your local police department or make an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000.
Richmond Police searching for new leads in missing persons cases | 8News

September 26, 2016, 21-year-old Keeshae Jacobs texted her mother, Toni, to say she was going to spend the night at a friend’s house. She never returned to their Richmond, Virginia home. Authorities suspect foul play in Keeshae’s disappearance. Dateline’s Josh Mankiewicz speaks with Keeshae’s mother, Toni, and Natalie Wilson, co-founder of The Black & Missing Foundation. Keeshae is 5’3”, weighs approximately 100 lbs., with brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing black basketball shorts, pink and black Nikes and a pink scarf. She has several distinguishing tattoos: a rose on her right thigh, a flower on her right wrist, paw prints on her right thigh, and a leaf on her right foot. Her mother’s name, Toni, is inked with a heart on her left shoulder. If you have information, please call the Richmond Police Department’s Major Crimes Unit at (804) 646-0729.
More photos and information can be found at DatelineMissingInAmerica.com

I don't know if this has been posted, but here is a lengthy video on her case.

Amazing that her mother hasn't been given information about the man she went to see that day.

DEC 5, 2022
Keeshae Jacobs

keeshae_jacobs.jpg

On September 26, 2016, 21-year-old Keeshae Jacobs texted her mother, Toni, to say she was going to spend the night at a friend’s house. Keeshae said she’d be home the following day. She never came home. Her friends would later tell authorities they dropped Keeshae off that night in the Church Hill neighborhood of Richmond, Virginia, about 10 minutes away from her house. Keeshae said she was going to meet someone, the friends told Toni, but they didn’t know who the person was. Despite searches, police have not found Keeshae’s cell phone, ID, or the small bag of clothes she had with her for her overnight stay. Authorities suspect foul play in Keeshae’s disappearance. The last public statement about Keeshae's case by the Richmond Police Department was on September 26, 2018 -- two years after Keeshae vanished. The police chief at that time was quoted in a press release: “Keeshae’s disappearance remains an active investigation within the Richmond Police Department. The detectives have made good progress in this case, but we are still hoping to get more information to get the family the answers they need.” In August 2022, Dateline featured Keeshae's case in our new podcast series “Dateline: Missing in America.” Josh Mankiewicz spoke with Keeshae’s mother, Toni, and Natalie Wilson, co-founder of The Black & Missing Foundation. The Richmond Police Department declined Dateline’s request for an interview, but did say it's still an open investigation. If you know something about Keeshae Jacobs’s disappearance, call the Richmond Police Department's Major Crimes Unit at 804-646-0729.

APR 30, 2023
A Richmond mother whose daughter disappeared six years ago hosted her annual Missing Person’s Day event on Saturday in Abner Clay Park.

Toni Jacobs has not lost hope, but the mounting days since her daughter, Keeshae, was last seen on Sept. 26, 2016, weigh heavily on her heart.

[...]

Richmond Commonwealth’s Attorney Collette McEachin made an appearance at Saturday's event. It was the first time that she and Jacobs met.

McEachin said more evidence is needed in Keeshae's case

"There's no one thing that will amount to probable cause without there being a smoking gun or a confession,” McEachin explained. “You always need corroborating evidence and I know the Richmond Police Department, their detectives are working on gathering all of that corroborating evidence.”

[...]

Last updated June 30, 2023; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance​

Keeshae was last seen in the 3100 block of east Broad Street near Chimborazo Park in Richmond, Virginia on September 26, 2016. She texted her mother, Toni Jacobs, saying she was spending the night with a friend and would come home the next day. She never returned home and has never been heard from again.

After Keeshae disappeared, Toni had some of her daughter's friends take her to the address where she had supposedly been dropped off on the night she went missing. It was a house in the Church Hill neighborhood of Richmond.

The man who answered the door, Otis L. "Omar" Tucker, told Toni he knew nothing about Keeshae's disappearance. His stories about her disappearance changed multiple times, however. He initially claimed he'd seen her at 5:00 p.m. the day she disappeared, but Keeshae is known to have been at home at the time.

Police searched the residence and didn't find any sign of Keeshae. They did find what appeared to be bloodstains, but there wasn't enough blood to suggest anyone had died. Tucker has a history of violence towards women and he once was arrested for attempted murder after choking another woman at the Church Hill residence, but the charge was later dismissed.

He moved to Florida after Keeshae went missing. In November 2022, he was charged with murder and tampering with evidence in the death of Ashley Fowler, a Jacksonville, Florida woman who was murdered in his home with a hammer. He could have faced the death penalty.

A photo of Tucker is posted with this case summary. In May 2023, he pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and tampering with evidence in Fowler's killing. He will be sentenced in July 2023 and faces up to life in prison; the prosecution wants him designated a habitual violent felony offender. He has not been charged in Keeshae's case, or named as a suspect.

Since Keeshae's disappearance she hasn't used her cellular phone, bank card, email or Facebook account. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning, and Toni believes at least one of her friends knows more about her disappearance than she has disclosed.

In early January 2017, three and a half months after Keeshae was last seen, her brother Deavon was murdered. His murder isn't believed to be connected to her disappearance. A suspect was convicted in Deavon's murder, although he claimed he acted in self-defense. He was sentenced to fifteen years in prison, but his conviction was later overturned and he took a plea deal for a sentence of five years.

Keeshae never moved out of her mother's home after graduating from Richmond High School; she worked various jobs while trying to decide what to do with her life. She was close to both Toni and Deavon, who was her only sibling. Toni believes Keeshae is alive and may have been trafficked out of state. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.

In September 2016, 21-year-old Keeshae Jacobs told her mother, Toni, that she was going to spend the night with friends in Richmond. Toni was trying to let her youngest daughter have some independence and tried not to grill her about the details. The next day, Toni was at work when Keeshae’s brother called and said his sister had missed their planned breakfast date.

Toni told me that Keeshae had been a mama’s girl. She and Keeshae used to joke that Keeshae was never going to move out; she was going to become an old lady still living at home. Now it has been nearly seven years since Keeshae slept in her bed, “and I just want closure,” Toni said. Whatever happened to Keeshae, the not knowing was the unbearable part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back