VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I've sought additional info most of the day, I read nothing further about the open doors to Kelly's home except for what the neighbor said.

You have reason to be a bit alarmed. I don't like this case at all. It reminds me of the Julia Roberts movie Sleeping with the Enemy. Her ex breaks into her home and rearranges things a bit--small changes are made but enough to make Roberts' character aware that he was there. Kelly saw things "out of place." Scary stuff.

No joke...I know of someone who did this to his 2nd wife...(even before this movie was ever thought of). This man's first wife had died...he remarried way too soon after and then couldn't get rid of his 2nd wife...so he decided to make her think she was going crazy. It almost worked but she finally caught on to his scam and she left.

And they both seemingly just disappeared off the face of the earth... and the distance between Charlottesville and Chesterfield is only 70 miles...

Do I think there's a connection? Probably not...but it is several odd coincidences.

I don't know if there's a connection, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Charlottesville is way too close to Chesterfield ...

No joke...I know of someone who did this to his 2nd wife...(even before this movie was ever thought of). This man's first wife had died...he remarried way too soon after and then couldn't get rid of his 2nd wife...so he decided to make her think she was going crazy. It almost worked but she finally caught on to his scam and she left.

The second wife in your account, though losing her mind along the way, lived. Now that's always good news. :)

Did you catch the same poster to that article who mentioned safety glasses and gloves also remarked that "Not a single employee was questioned." How can that be?? :waitasec: The Chesterfield police are scaring me a bit. Hello? Co-worker interviews please. Dang!

P.S. I'd like to state for the record that my zip code is NOT 23838 ... or anything like it. :)

The second wife in your account, though losing her mind along the way, lived. Now that's always good news. :)

Did you catch the same poster to that article who mentioned safety glasses and gloves also remarked that "Not a single employee was questioned." How can that be?? :waitasec: The Chesterfield police are scaring me a bit. Hello? Co-worker interviews please. Dang!

P.S. I'd like to state for the record that my zip code is NOT 23838 ... or anything like it. :)

Oops! Missed that...but I guess following several cases and a horrible headache didn't help that I didn't see the connection. Good catch BTW!

Aren't there any security cams at this place?

And lots of employees take their break down by the river? Ummm...like I said before I can see taking a lunch break that may be 30 minutes or longer...but just do go down by the river for 10 or 15 minutes...that hardly seems worth it IMO.

Seems like facts are slow coming forth in this case. I still think it's odd that one report says she was at work and was taking her break and another says that she hadn't even clocked into work...but that her doors were open at her home...but yet her car was at work...

Maybe it's just sloppy reporting or someone took something out of context. But it would be nice if LE could release something a little more coherent.

Looks like there's only one way in and out of this place (my perception of the google map). Is this area (her workplace) an industrial park? Do any of the other businesses in this area have cams?

I totally agree. A bit more clarity and information--and word of co-worker interviews--would be great. Maybe tomorrow? We can only hope.

I spent 1/2 of last night's sleep time tossing this case around in my head. And I just know I'll be thinking of the possible MH-KC connection tonight. Dark circles under my eyes are in my future, I just know it! :) Have a good night!

ETA: The company directly across from BluePrint Automation is called Linens of the Week. I'm thinking this might be a factory outlet, making it more likely perhaps to have a security cam. Okay, off to sleep ...

In regards to the questions of MH and this case being related:

Though nothing can be discounted, I'm going to guess they are not. I lived in CField for 18 years and I'd only been through Charlottesville once or twice... simply passing through. CVille is a mountainous/college town area right off the Interstate. Though parts of Chesterield are right off Interstates (95 -- not the one that goes to Charlottesville [64]), the area Kelly is missing from is way off the beaten path. CField is directly outside of Richmond. Is is a suburban county with some more urban and other more backroad areas.

I have never been to this area of the county... it's not on a main road, but instead several side roads off of any main road. It's really an industrial area.

MH's case was so out there at a public venue in a college town, and this area of Chesterfield just isn't. Most locals don't even know where it's at -- I've asked family/friends!

Edit italicized

Wonder what kind of 'break' this was that Kelly went on at 10:30. Was it just a 10 or 15 minute break or did she go to work at an unusually early time and was taking a lunch break.

I can't see taking a 10 or 15 minute break and walking to the river... IMO wouldn't really have had time to enjoy a walk. A 30 minute to an hr. lunch break I could understand wanting to take a walk.

Did Kelly take her break out by the river often? Did she receive a text or call from someone telling her to meet them there?

The comment the neighbor made about Kelly stating things had been moved around in her house - then the doors being open - kind of makes me think that someone wanted Kelly to think she was maybe losing it a bit.

Is there an ex beau or ex husband? Is there someone she rebuffed the advances of? Possibly a co-worker? Is there a female that is jealous of her for some reason? Maybe because of a guy or because of advancement at work?

If taking a break and walking at the river wasn't normal for Kelly...what would get her out there?

If she got a call or text about, say, "I was in your house. If you want to straighten this out, meet me?" I wonder if something like that got her to go? Or, did they take her and then go through the house? I am so sad about her. Nice gals get hurt so often.

so the employees refused to talk to cops as well? or just refused to talk to the reporter that interviewed the people who posted in the article comments of the topix board? also, have her reappearing gloves and glasses been reported anywhere other than in the comments? im not from this area, i just caught the connection to mh... kellys case seems more personal so far. but who knows? prayers that they both are found soon! both cases are so scary and there are a lot of missing women in that area, there is a link about all of them here on ws..

This is my Aunt Kelly. So to clear alot of the air. She went missing around 1030. She went for a walk from work as she usually does. She did not return. She loves her car it is her baby and she would never leave it. Also she loved her job, family, friends and her mom. The glasses were reported as it was my cousin who found them. I have several posting so if everyone that has facebook, myspace, youtube, digg, craigslist can repost the links my family and I would greatly appreciate it. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1790546876 this is my facebook. http://www.myspace.com/survivor4ever77 this is my myspace http://digg.com/users/MissingAunt this is my dig account also I have it listed on Richmond, VA Craigslist and Meadville, PA Craigslist as Meadville is her hometown. My Mom (Kelly sister) Judy *advertiser censored*, My Aunt Lori ( Kelly Sister ) xxxand my cousin ( kelly nephew ) Jeff are all in Chester, VA now looking for her and are not going to return until she is with them. Please anyone with info or who wants to help contact them. Also please everyone add me and keep forwarding the links. Prayers and prayer chains are appreciated. Anyone can personally email me . Please the more help the closer we will be to finding my Aunt Kelly! She is LOVED and MISSED! Please help

I forgot to mention also as to another post yes she was to work. She works a regular schedule and she was punched in for work she never punched out meaning she had all plans to return.
MISSING_AUNT

As for reporters all the details of her stats have been released the only thing is the reporters want her person life story which has nothing to do with finding her. We just need people to get the word out and her picture.

Jamie kelly's niece:
Welcome to WS.
It is good to hear from family who knows Kelly so well.
It clears up a lot of our questions.
What is your thinking on what happened to your aunt?

Is it possible she fell into the river?
Did scent dogs hit on anything?

Prayers for Kelly and her family.

As for reporters all the details of her stats have been released the only thing is the reporters want her person life story which has nothing to do with finding her. We just need people to get the word out and her picture.

Jamie,

Thank you for posting here! We appreciate your help and information. I'm sure the family feels that the reporters may be trying to dig up info (good, bad, indifferent) on your Aunt. But it is possible that maybe there is something there that could help.

Kelly apparently made a comment to her neighbor that she thought things had been moved around in her house. Then the neighbor commented that the doors to Kelly's home were left open on the day she went missing.

Questions to maybe ponder:
1. Who had a key to Kelly's house? A friend, a neighbor, any family members?
2. Did Kelly keep a key to her house hidden outside of her home?
3. Did Kelly have any kind of break-up in a relationship (whether platonic or intimate)?
4. Did Kelly mention anything to the family about things being moved around in her house or the feeling that someone had been in her house?
5. Did Kelly mention any unusual 'vibes' from any friends or co-workers?
6. Did Kelly mention that she felt she was being followed?
7. Did Kelly receive a recent promotion (or award, raise, etc) that could have caused some workplace jealousy?
8. Was there a workplace rival or someone who thought Kelly may have been trying to 'steal her man'?
9. Had Kelly received any threats?
10. Does Kelly have a computer?
11. Is there someone from Kelly's past who may have been upset with her for any reason?

The list could go on an on. But it would be somewhat helpful to have more info to help figure out what happened to your Aunt. I appreciate you clearing up the fact she was at work.

Praying for your Aunt to be found safe and sound!

ETA: Jamie - I don't expect you to answer these questions I posed unless you feel comfortable in doing so!

The things being moved in Kelly's home is frightening ,and familar.
I was 23 when I moved into a 2 bedroom apartment, that a person I was sorta familar with,not friends but I saw him everyday, refered me to. I was excited the apartment was okay and rent was low in a great location. This guy lived in the building directly below me and had lived there for years, the landlord had him show me the place. Turns out this guy was going into my apartment when I wasnt home. I would end up missing underwear from the shared laudromat. He had tapped my phone and would make comments based on what he heard in the phone call. It was insane he would do stuff to let me know something was going on on purpose. It does happen and if someone was stalking Kelly they would know she walked everyday. They would have checked her caller I.d maybe even called some of those numbers and it could have been someone she didnt ever expect it to be. I think they should look for people who placed themselves in Kellys presence ,shift change at work ,moved closer to her found ways to be arround her. Doest mean they had to be close friends but were friendly even if she didnt like that person.
Jamie, I would have your family find out if in the past few weeks any of her friends or family member recieved calls from wrong numbers that sound off like maybe someone was fishing. There are limited ways a person can stalk someone and any method that leads them to information that gets them closer to knowing everthing about the person being stalked would be used. The caller I.d ,an address book ,a dairy ,the computer. what is in the medicane cabit,the fridge,her dresser drawers would have been snooped if the stalker had entry to her home.

The things being moved in Kelly's home is frighten ,and familar.
I was 23 when I moved into a 2 bedroom apartment, that a person I was sorta familar with,not friends but I saw him everyday, refered me to. I was excited the apartment was okay and rent was low in a great location. This guy lived in the building directly below me and had lived there for years, the landlord had him show me the place. Turns out this guy was going into my apartment when I wasnt home. I would end up missing underwear from the shared laudromat. He had tapped my phone and would make comments based on what he heard in the phone call. It was insane he would do stuff to let me know something was going on on purpose. It does happen and if someone was stalking Kelly they would know she walked everyday. They would have checked her caller I.d maybe even called some of those numbers and it could have been someone she didnt ever expect it to be. I think they should look for people who placed themselves in Kellys presence ,shift change at work ,moved closer to her found ways to be arround her. Doest mean they had to be close friends but were friendly even if she didnt like that person.
Jamie, I would have your family find out if in the past few weeks any of her friends or family member recieved calls from wrong numbers that sound off like maybe someone was fishing. There are limited ways a person can stalk someone and any method that leads them to information that gets them closer to knowing everthing about the person being stalked would be used. The caller I.d ,an address book ,a dairy ,the computer. what is in the medicane cabit,the fridge,her dresser drawers would have been snooped if the stalker had entry to her home.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Open Vigil at Harry G Daniels Park Rte 10 & IronBridge Rd Chester, VA please everyone forward and attend if at all possible This is going to be at field #7 at 7:00 PM please forward! county officers approved!

6600 White Pine Road
Richmond, VA 23237 Located on Route 10 across from the Chesterfield County Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa