VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing just that. Not only to local media but to some national sources as well. Of course, you don't get a response other than automated but I just don't want them to forget she is out there. I feel that until there is something new to offer them they are just not interested.

IMHO

Thanks Jenbear ... Do you have a link to the local station or newspaper? If you post we can email reporters. Thx!

I think we need to kick it up a notch, we need more publicity, reward fund, t-shirts with Kelly's picture on, remind people that they can give info anonymously to LE. We also need to start thinking outside the box, is Kelly being held agains't her will by someone, was she involved in any cult like groups? were there problems at work, why has suicide been settled on so quickly, we need to get the media to pay attention maybe by a mass gathering that can't be ignored!

Yes, We are still here if anyone would like to talk to us.

Hi Judym1957, please know my thoughts are with your family and I am praying for Kelly's safe return.

Can you tell us why the media is not covering Kelly's disappearance?

I think we need to kick it up a notch, we need more publicity, reward fund, t-shirts with Kelly's picture on, remind people that they can give info anonymously to LE. We also need to start thinking outside the box, is Kelly being held agains't her will by someone, was she involved in any cult like groups? were there problems at work, why has suicide been settled on so quickly, we need to get the media to pay attention maybe by a mass gathering that can't be ignored!

You put it exactly like I've been thinking...why was suicide settled on so QUICKLY??? I don't understand that! Does anyone know exactly which TV reporters, talk shows, etc. have been emailed? Is there anything the rest of us can do to email people or get the word out? I have put up fliers but I feel so helpless and feel like this has been swept under the rug.

Hi Judym1957, please know my thoughts are with your family and I am praying for Kelly's safe return.

Can you tell us why the media is not covering Kelly's disappearance?

Thank you, we can use all the prayers we can get. I guess they don't have any interesting stuff to report on so they won't do anything. I have called channel 6 and 8.

Can we set up a fund to help find Kelly? I think we need to get people talking, I can't believe people are not outraged!

Can we set up a fund to help find Kelly? I think we need to get people talking, I can't believe people are not outraged!

I not sure. But it would be nice to get people interested in finding out who she was hanging out with and maybe who she has been talking to. Nobody want to talk to us.

Don't know if this will help or if I will even get an answer back, but I just emailed the Oprah Winfrey show and asked if she could get it out to the public about the 5 missing people we have here in VA.

Thank you Jenbear!! :)

Ok everyone let's get their attention!
Keep Jenbear's post on the top of every page as we go forward ...

Don't know if this will help or if I will even get an answer back, but I just emailed the Oprah Winfrey show and asked if she could get it out to the public about the 5 missing people we have here in VA.

Excellent idea, beachlvr. I will email Oprah as well as local stations and newspapers.

And not that this horrific situation of 5 missing people needs any "beefing" up, but there are a total of 11 in Virginia who were missing or murdered starting in late August 2009. So far, none of the cases have been solved. In addition to the 5 already mentioned earlier you can add:

Cassandra Morton, 23, missing 10/10/09, Lynchburg, VA, discovered in a wooded area, Candlers Mountain, near Liberty University, 11/29/2009. Deceased.

Morgan Harrington, 20, missing 10/17/09, Charlottesville, VA, discovered 1/26/10, 10 miles from arena she attended for Metallica concert. Deceased.

Heidi Childs, 18, and David Metzler, 19, VTech students, discovered 8/28/09 shot and murdered near Caldwell Fields, VA, in the Jefferson National Forest.

Letisha Faust, 50, missing since 12/9/2009, vehicle located, but she has not been found. Landowner found the vehicle in a remote area of his property that is not visible from the road.

Since August 28 then, 10 Virginia citizens have either disappeared or have been murdered, and their cases remain unsolved ... That's a lot of people. Way too many people in a six-month period.

Excellent idea, beachlvr. I will email Oprah as well as local stations and newspapers.

And not that this horrific situation of 5 missing people needs any "beefing" up, but there are a total of 11 in Virginia who were missing or murdered starting in late August 2009. So far, none of the cases have been solved. In addition to the 5 already mentioned earlier you can add:

Cassandra Morton, 23, missing 10/10/09, Lynchburg, VA, discovered in a wooded area, Candlers Mountain, near Liberty University, 11/29/2009. Deceased.

Morgan Harrington, 20, missing 10/17/09, Charlottesville, VA, discovered 1/26/10, 10 miles from arena she attended for Metallica concert. Deceased.

Heidi Childs, 18, and David Metzler, 19, VTech students, discovered 8/28/09 shot and murdered near Caldwell Fields, VA, in the Jefferson National Forest.

Suzanne Patsel, 43, missing from Roanoke, VA, 9/14/09. Supposed to meet family at mall, but never showed up.

Letisha Faust, 50, missing since 12/9/2009, vehicle located, but she has not been found. Landowner found the vehicle in a remote area of his property that is not visible from the road.

Since August 28 then, 11 Virginia citizens have either disappeared or have been murdered, and their cases remain unsolved ... That's a lot of people. Way too many people in a six-month period.

Great information!!! I will do whatever I can to help get the info out there. If I think of any other people to email, I'll be sure to post it here. I know Kelly's niece said she was contacting on of the shows.

Great information!!! I will do whatever I can to help get the info out there. If I think of any other people to email, I'll be sure to post it here. I know Kelly's niece said she was contacting on of the shows.

Thanks. One thing I got wrong is that Suzanne Patsel is missing since September 2008. Sorry. Otherwise, all the others are correct. I'll fix it in my post above.

So we're talking about 10 missing and/or murdered people in cases that have not been solved. That's STILL a lot of people missing in a 6-month period in Virginia.

I keep wondering if any of Kelly's family members still come here to read the posts....and if any of the theories we're putting out seem to have any merit in their minds??
AND...if they have their own theories...perhaps we can help get info for them.

Prayers to Kelly and her family....

I've gone back to the 1st thread to reread and see if there's anything else we could have forgotten....or any further questions/info we haven't had definitive confirmation of....maybe the family has some new/extra info they can add.

I think it would be great if we could get one of the family members to answer some of our questions - at least the ones that would not jeopardize the investigation. This has really worked out well on Steven Koecher's thread - in helping to know more of him as a person and to help find other angles that may have been overlooked/missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colleenx