Found Safe VA - Kelly Jo Beasley - Picked Up By Friend To Attend A Concert in Baltimore - Tazewell

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
www.wvnstv.com

Missing woman reported in Tazewell County

[...]

40-year-old Kelly Jo Beasley was reported missing back in October 2022. She was last seen on Thursday, June 16, 2022, when a friend picked her up to attend a concert in Baltimore, Maryland.

It’s possible she may be in Tazewell, Roanoke, or Baltimore, Maryland.

She is without her needed medication, according to her family. Beasley is 5’6″, 140 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

[...]

Tazewell Virginia Police Department | Facebook
  • It is unknown what type of vehicle she was traveling in.
  • Family reported her missing in October after being unable to make contact with her.
  • They reported she had not been seen since June 16 when a friend picked her up to attend a concert in Baltimore.
  • She is without needed medication and it is unlike her not to check on her young daughter.
  • Anyone with information is asked to contact Investigator C.S. Menefee with the Tazwell Police Department at 988-2503 or Tazewell County 911 Center 276-988-0704.

Tazewell County Sheriffs seek community's help in locating missing woman

1670111601722.png

Being without her medicine, which seems to be a standard comment on most missing persons reports these days, is pretty irrelevant in this situation as she has already been missing for about six months. If that medicine was life or death its too late. If not then it doesn't matter at all to finding her or the importance of finding her. IMO

Being without her medicine, which seems to be a standard comment on most missing persons reports these days, is pretty irrelevant in this situation as she has already been missing for about six months. If that medicine was life or death its too late. If not then it doesn't matter at all to finding her or the importance of finding her. IMO

Not necessarily. Some medications can be life or death in the long run. For example, seizure meds. Sometimes, patients stop taking them and they don't seize for months or even years, even without the medication. But every day they're without it, their risk is higher. Same for psych meds. Blood pressure meds may cause damage in the long-term as well. Same for cholesterol meds. Very rarely is life-or-death the immediate consequence of not taking medications. It's the damage it can cause over time.

What concert was she headed to? Rock and Metal concerts in Baltimore, MD, USA (filter by dates 6/16 thru 6/20 in 2022)
IMO the most likely possibility is Afterlife and other bands at the Metro Gallery on that day. Thursday 6/16, followed by Icon For Hire at the Zen West on Friday 6/17. Less likely, though certainly enticing, would have been Tears for Fears and Garbage at the Post Center in nearby Columbia, MD on Sunday 6/19.
MOO

It's astonishing that so much time would elapse between TLS/PLS and filing of MPR. Kelly's last tweet is normal yet strange; it seems to be her, it is the kind of thing she would post about, yet she made no mention of the concert, whatever it was. My guess is that she has had MH breaks before, and HIPAA issues are at least partly behind the reason for the delay in reporting (and the silence from her friend). Still, my hinky meter is elevated.
MOO

It's astonishing that so much time would elapse between TLS/PLS and filing of MPR. Kelly's last tweet is normal yet strange; it seems to be her, it is the kind of thing she would post about, yet she made no mention of the concert, whatever it was. My guess is that she has had MH breaks before, and HIPAA issues are at least partly behind the reason for the delay in reporting (and the silence from her friend). Still, my hinky meter is elevated.
MOO

Hmm, I disagree. Seems that most of her tweets relate to politics or healthcare in some way (a lot of tweets about COVID and masking), I didn't really see any tweets of the vein of "Seeing [band]" or "beautiful view of [venue]". In fact, if you go to the "media' tab, she only has one video (showing Leo DiCaprio from Wolf of Wall Street) and all images she posted are of some advertising/website.

Her last tweet, which was to share a post and mention her nephew, is actually the first 'personal' tweet I've really seen.

Hmm, I disagree. Seems that most of her tweets relate to politics or healthcare in some way (a lot of tweets about COVID and masking), I didn't really see any tweets of the vein of "Seeing [band]" or "beautiful view of [venue]". In fact, if you go to the "media' tab, she only has one video (showing Leo DiCaprio from Wolf of Wall Street) and all images she posted are of some advertising/website.

Her last tweet, which was to share a post and mention her nephew, is actually the first 'personal' tweet I've really seen.
Got it. I was actually going by what was on her FB page, where she does have her DD and (I assume) nieces and nephew, as well as Deadhead stuff, though only one concert photo.

I saw someone on FB had reshared her missing person info and said that Kelly had been a staff member at a therapeutic boarding school that they attended in 2018. Wonder if she was employed anywhere when she went missing

Last edited:
I made some maps showing the likely routes to whatever concert she was headed to. I chose Columbia, MD (Tears for Fears/Garbage) as a simple endpoint, from which the reader can pick out a route of their own into Baltimore if that's where she went. I chose four different routes, because I figured she would be familiar with US 460 all the way to I-81, and that she might use 81 all the way to I-70 if the Beltway (I-495) was congested.
First two via I-66, I-495 and I-95, second pair via I-70 and US 29.

Attachments

• tazecol1.gif
    tazecol1.gif
    344.1 KB · Views: 2
  • tazecol1a.gif
    tazecol1a.gif
    301.7 KB · Views: 2
  • tazecol2.gif
    tazecol2.gif
    319.6 KB · Views: 2
  • tazecol2a.gif
    tazecol2a.gif
    320.8 KB · Views: 2
MOO

HIPAA would only apply to her care providers. Friend can say whatever she wants and anyone can report her missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back