Found Deceased VA - Kevin Duane Smith, 35, Centreville, Virginia, 21 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail.jpg
Missing Person / NamUs #MP65773
Kevin Duane Smith
Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: January 21, 2020
Missing From: Centreville, Virginia
Missing Age: 35 Years
Current Age: 37 Years
Height: 6' 3" (75 Inches)
Weight: 185 lbs

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Mr. Smith has not returned home.

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel

Kevin Duane Smith – The Charley Project
Has additional photos

Clothing/Jewelry Description:
A black hooded sweatshirt and jeans.

Distinguishing Characteristics:
Caucasian male. Brown hair, green eyes. Smith has a tattoo of a heart on his chest. He had a short, scruffy beard at the time of his disappearance.

Details of Disappearance:
Smith was last seen in Centreville, Virginia on January 21, 2020. He was in a vehicle with four people who said he left them on foot. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case. Smith is from Front Royal, Virginia and that city's police are investigating his disappearance.

Investigating Agency:
Front Royal Police Department 540-635-2111

Hi there,
I have begun to investigate this case. Does anyone know of someone (apart from Law Enforcement) who has made some headway in Kevin's case? I would love to talk to someone who has been doing this for a while.

It sounds like the 4 people who were in the car with him need to be questioned some more.

Also, perhaps LE can get a warrant and search of their phone messages or last pings. It may reveal something....

It sounds like the 4 people who were in the car with him need to be questioned some more.

Also, perhaps LE can get a warrant and search of their phone messages or last pings. It may reveal something....

I've been reading a good bit about this case. It sounds like the four people in the car haven't been talking. The case is peculiar because Smith's family claimed that Smith would never willingly leave his two daughters behind to wonder where he is, and in looking at his Facebook Profile it is apparent that he loved them to death and only wanted to be close to them. It's also strange because he would have almost definitely contacted his Mom with his whereabouts, this according to the family.

The last place the four people in the car saw him (Centreville, VA) is around an hour away from where he was living (Front Royal, VA). They said that he just walked off into the distance, never to be seen again. In a place he didn't live he just walked off? I don't buy it. And I guess the Police haven't been very forthcoming with any information, so I have no idea whether or not they ever got a warrant for that information.

Last edited:
@Anonymous_Vigilante
We really need to know more about these 4 people. Why was he in a vehicle with them? How did he know them? Did he have any struggles / history that could be relevant?

Is there more LE could be doing? I feel for his family.

@ChatteringBirds
This is true. I have done some digging on who these people are and have come up with a couple names, but the names aren't verified. I am not sure how they know Kevin, either. Can't post them here due to the fact that it is technically considered rumor.

@ChatteringBirds
This is true. I have done some digging on who these people are and have come up with a couple names, but the names aren't verified. I am not sure how they know Kevin, either. Can't post them here due to the fact that it is technically considered rumor.

True, can't post them here unless they are named by law enforcement.

Front Royal family dealing with missing son for over a year

Updated article; Jan. 21, 2022
He was headed toward Maryland with two guys from Winchester and a woman from Warren County when they stopped in Centreville to fix a flat tire, his parents said.

He walked away from the group, "and then was never seen again," Terry Smith said.

Kevin Smith's father wonders if the people who were with his son knew what happened and aren't saying anything.

"I think they're holding back. I think it's just a matter of time before one of them talks," Steve Smith said.

But “the people he was with were cooperating,” Terry Smith noted, explaining they visited the Smiths' home looking for him a few days after he walked off.

We have seen cases here where people do "walk off" and go missing, but there are usually more details. They almost always aren't just fine and healthy and decide to walk off without a word to anyone in some rural place. All my opinions only.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

View attachment 321183
Missing Person / NamUs #MP65773
Kevin Duane Smith
Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: January 21, 2020
Missing From: Centreville, Virginia
Missing Age: 35 Years
Current Age: 37 Years
Height: 6' 3" (75 Inches)
Weight: 185 lbs

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Mr. Smith has not returned home.

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel

Kevin Duane Smith – The Charley Project
Has additional photos

Clothing/Jewelry Description:
A black hooded sweatshirt and jeans.

Distinguishing Characteristics:
Caucasian male. Brown hair, green eyes. Smith has a tattoo of a heart on his chest. He had a short, scruffy beard at the time of his disappearance.

Details of Disappearance:
Smith was last seen in Centreville, Virginia on January 21, 2020. He was in a vehicle with four people who said he left them on foot. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case. Smith is from Front Royal, Virginia and that city's police are investigating his disappearance.

Investigating Agency:
Front Royal Police Department 540-635-2111
He was found deceased on 12/1/22 in Manassas Va

I think his remains were on NamUs as UP92454. Could someone in USA copy/paste this article for me?

Police identify remains as missing Front Royal man
Authorities have identified human remains found in Fairfax County as those of Front Royal resident Kevin Smith, who went missing in early 2020.

The Front Royal Police Department announced in a Friday news release that detectives received information last month that the Fairfax County Police Department was investigating the discovery of human remains.

The remains were discovered on Feb. 6 in the 6000 block of Calloway Court, Centreville, according to information provided by Second Lt. James Curry, with the Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Affairs Bureau.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner conducted a forensic analysis and DNA testing on the remains, the release states. Based on test results as well as other facts and circumstances surrounding the case, authorities determined the remains to be those of Smith, according to the news release.Human remains found in Fairfax identified as missing Front Royal resident Kevin Smith

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LookBehindU
Back