Recovered/Located VA - Lauren Cook, 30, & 3 children 7,5 & 2. Maybe travelling in a blue 2013 Chrysler van, Franklin County, 5 Sept 2023

Bolding by me.

Pulling this article forward because I’m finding it very odd that a week ago Dad was upset and wondering where his kids were at, but now is saying everything is fine and that “contrary to media reports, my wife isn’t missing … she seems fine”

WTF? I don’t like it but that’s just my opinion
The way I see it, we didn't hear directly from him before, we heard from LE who told the media their interpretation/ edited version of what he said/felt.

Now he has spoken up for himself. Also, he may have received a phone call from her, after the media stories came out.

Obviously, if people just automatically believe he's lying, that's what they believe. Sadly, there's plenty of stories where, in the past, that has, in the end, turned out to be the case, and we have all been shocked that someone could do such a thing.

But I think there is a choice. Just because some people lied in the past, I do not choose to believe that everyone is lying.

JMO

The way I see it, we didn't hear directly from him before, we heard from LE who told the media their interpretation/ edited version of what he said/felt.

Now he has spoken up for himself. Also, he may have received a phone call from her, after the media stories came out.

Obviously, if people just automatically believe he's lying, that's what they believe. Sadly, there's plenty of stories where, in the past, that has, in the end, turned out to be the case, and we have all been shocked that someone could do such a thing.

But I think there is a choice. Just because some people lied in the past, I do not choose to believe that everyone is lying.

JMO
I hope that that’s what happened!! Hopefully soon we will hear that the missing person alert is cancelled and all are safe and well.

Thanks for all your insight and info.

I get the impression from some of your links that this family moved to W. Va to establish a legitimate business, but, aside from the legal hurdles, there may be a rocky relationship of distrust on both sides, between them and the legal system. In addition, them being from the west, perhaps not fitting in to the social structures/cultural attitudes back east.

I hope all are truly well and this is resolved soon.

JMO
They are in Virginia and weed is legal. I don't think this is cultural, more defiance for the law. Not showing up for a J&D court date twice, taking kids, cutting off, cell, contact with family, refusing to produce the children to any LE.

We have a large hippie community in VA, especially in this area. Most of the time everyone gets along just fine.
Moo...

Bolding by me.

Pulling this article forward because I’m finding it very odd that a week ago Dad was upset and wondering where his kids were at, but now is saying everything is fine and that “contrary to media reports, my wife isn’t missing … she seems fine”

If you go to the FCSD FB page, all the media articles are directly from the FCSD.

They did say dad was concerned.

Moo....
I think FCSD was trying really hard to kind to the family and release as little as possible about the situation. Now the story is out in the open.

She failed to appear twice for a J&D hearing.

She took the children, turned her phone off, cut off all contacts.

The husband has failed to appear in person to the media, only producing cryptic messages. He stated he had spoken to his wife in a statement to media, and now eludes to ....the kids are fine but I've not spoken to my wife.

What I think may have transpired .... All MY Opinion....

Mom didn't show up for court. Judge rescheduled, issued new subpoena. LE went to deliver and Dad said... I don't know where her and the kids are, thinking LE would go away.

Nope, when LE informs a judge, capias is issued, alarms go off...missing mother and children.

Keeping in mind, we don't know what the J and D appearance was for. Not DV per LE.

VA Law requires LE to notify VSP within 2 hours and VSP by law must open an investigation.

I don't blame the media or FCSD, trying to deal with what seems to be a serious but delicate situation.

Moo

"If the husband has had contact with Lauren since then, we aren’t aware of it," Huston said Tuesday. "Lauren Cook and the three children are still entered as missing. Law enforcement (wherever it may be) has to lay eyes on her and the children in order for them to be removed as missing from the system."
No bank activity + no cell phone activity + car is also missing, hmmm. It's possible that she had a considerable amount of cash and possibly a burner phone. Or she could be staying with family or friends who are ensuring that she stays off grid. Time will tell, IMHO. People cannot live indefinitely without money.

No bank activity + no cell phone activity + car is also missing, hmmm. It's possible that she had a considerable amount of cash and possibly a burner phone. Or she could be staying with family or friends who are ensuring that she stays off grid. Time will tell, IMHO. People cannot live indefinitely without money.

Especially with 3 children in tow.

jmo

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children lists the kids on their site, and they’re asking the public to keep their eyes open and contact law enforcement if they’re spotted.
“The focus is on the children,” Leemie Kahng-Sofer, case management director for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said. “We know that we’ve had excellent citizen engagement in the past. We can never predict when and how that someone’s going to see something and say something and do something.”

The sheriff’s office said that Cook did not appear for a scheduled court appearance around the time she went missing. 10 News asked if she will face charges for not appearing. Deputies said that power lies in the judge’s hands.

Bolding by me.

Yep... the cops say she & the kids are missing and will remain missing until LE lays eyes on them alive and well, as we all know here. This is unbelievably suspicious.

Huston, of the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, tells TODAY.com that Jordan "originally stated he had not been in contact with (his wife and children). Recently he said that he has, but does not know or will not disclose location."

When asked by TODAY.com whether Jordan is cooperating with police, Houston says, "Yes, aside from IF he knows where she is and won’t reveal (it) to us."

Houston says that Jordan is "not specifically" under police investigation, "but he is obviously within this investigation."

When reached by phone by TODAY.com, Lauren's mother Lisa Tousa declined to comment, explaining that she is not ready to speak on the matter.

Huston, of the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, tells TODAY.com that Jordan "originally stated he had not been in contact with (his wife and children). Recently he said that he has, but does not know or will not disclose location."

When asked by TODAY.com whether Jordan is cooperating with police, Houston says, "Yes, aside from IF he knows where she is and won’t reveal (it) to us."

Houston says that Jordan is "not specifically" under police investigation, "but he is obviously within this investigation."

When reached by phone by TODAY.com, Lauren's mother Lisa Tousa declined to comment, explaining that she is not ready to speak on the matter.
Wow wonderful!!!! I'm so glad Today picked up the story.

Maybe the children will be found soon.

Somebody is Franklin County is ensuring the national news picks up this story.

Lauren Elizabeth Cook, 30, was last seen with her three children at the the family's Ferrum home in southwest Virginia at the end of August, and she last spoke with her mother around Sept. 5, according to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.
When Cook's mother last spoke with her daughter on the phone, she said that she and the children were in New York visiting family, sheriff's Sgt. Megan Huston told USA TODAY on Tuesday.

She said that Cook's bank account has had no recent activity and that her cellphone last pinged on Sept. 7 in Lexington, Virginia, about 90 miles northeast of the home she shares with her husband and children in Ferrum, a rural area in the Blue Ridge Mountains with about 2,100 residents.
"If the husband has had contact with Lauren since then, we aren’t aware of it," Huston said Tuesday. "Lauren Cook and the three children are still entered as missing. Law enforcement (wherever it may be) has to lay eyes on her and the children in order for them to be removed as missing from the system."

I strongly suspect that this is either an overstepping grandparent issue, a homeschooling issue (paperwork or overstepping school official), or a combination of the two.

Yes, including the court date part of it.

Could be wrong, of course... but I really doubt it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneJane
Back