VA VA - Lorton, Massey Creek near I-95, BlkMale 3-6, 461UMVA, Jun'72

Hoping for updates. It's always extra sad when children are found dead.

I suppose the parents were involved in his death.

At 45" and 50lbs this child would be an exceptionally large 4 year old, over the 99%ile on the growth chart. (75%ile for a 5 year old). I'm leaning more toward age 6, and I'd like to know how they ruled out an older age- even up to 8. Maybe by dentals (still having baby teeth?)

Also this child appears to have low set ears. That can be a sign of a number of different syndromes. Don't know if that would be helpful in trying to identify him or not.

At 45" and 50lbs this child would be an exceptionally large 4 year old, over the 99%ile on the growth chart. (75%ile for a 5 year old). I'm leaning more toward age 6, and I'd like to know how they ruled out an older age- even up to 8. Maybe by dentals (still having baby teeth?)

Age estimates for children are usually quite accurate--they can assess the growth of the skeleton and the skull as well as the teeth.

Just guessing, but to me an upper age of 6 would imply that the child didn't have their 6-year molars yet. Might not have lost their upper front teeth yet.

This child is about the size of my six-year-old grandson. He's tall for his age and quite muscular, but not huge.

Age estimates for children are usually quite accurate--they can assess the growth of the skeleton and the skull as well as the teeth.

Just guessing, but to me an upper age of 6 would imply that the child didn't have their 6-year molars yet. Might not have lost their upper front teeth yet.

This child is about the size of my six-year-old grandson. He's tall for his age and quite muscular, but not huge.

Agreed! That's why I'm leaning toward the higher end of the age range. I can't imagine a 4 year old the size of an average 6 year old?

Oh, this poor little boy.... I hope LE will contact one of the appropriate labs/ companies to take his case and he'll be identified through DNA.
It could be too late to get justice for him, or if not, the clock is ticking...

I believe that Tyrone doe, the little boy discovered in 1972 in Fairfax County, could have been raised-and killed by-someone in a cult.

The report says he was circumcised and that he was beaten and thrown into the water naked. That is usually how cults deal with children that are considered full of the devil.

But I also read that just before he died, he had a good meal. But this raises some questions, if you have been beating abusing a child for some time, cult or not, why give them a good meal?

Also, has George Barksdale, a little boy that disappeared in 1969, been considered?

@chrisa81 , can you add a link?

Also, consider adding location & year to your thread title -- local people can find the thread easily that way.

Is there a thread for these remains already?

Also this child appears to have low set ears. That can be a sign of a number of different syndromes. Don't know if that would be helpful in trying to identify him or not.

The image is marked Artist Rendering, but I agree about the location of his ears on his head.

Also agree that he is a stocky little guy!

Remains near a highway, I-95? My niece's husband is stationed at Fort Belvoir. Fewer people in 1972, sure, how large was Lorton then?

How was a well-fed little guy not missed by anyone? I know, I know -- Dad's people are told he is with Mom's people, Mom's people are told he is with Dad's people, and it's all for the best....

OR Mom & Dad's remains are somewhere else.

jmho ymmv lrr

Massey Creek borders Mason Neck State Park on the north side. This land was purchased in parcels by the Nature Conservancy and the Commonwealth of Virginia starting in 1965 and the park opened to the public in 1985. Massey Creek empties into the Occoquan River just above where the Occoquan empties into the Potomac River. It's all bedroom communities to Washington D.C. now, but in 1972 it would have been considered the back of beyond. There are a few reasons that someone would have known about the empty land in this rather remote area:

1 - Army personnel or staff stationed at Fort Belvoir which is just a few miles north on Route 1
2 - Someone attached to the Lorton Correction Complex, which was part of the District of Columbia Department of Corrections and included several levels of security - it had a prison farm, so in addition to inmates, guards and visitors would possibly have had tradespeople picking up product from their dairy or farm.
3 - Someone from Woodbridge, which is across the Occoquan from Massey Creek, or Dale City, which adjoins it
4 - Quantico Marine Base staff (about 10 miles south on Route 1)
5 - And there is always the possibility that someone spied an opportunity while driving on Interstate 95, which crosses the Occoquan immediately west of where the body was found.

Of these, I think that the person was likely someone with a boat - I am not sure that there was a road to access the creek at that time, but there is a lot of marsh around there also, so the body could have washed into the creek. It seems likely that whoever dumped this child had a boat or access to one; I wonder who discovered him? The Doe Network listing says that he was beaten severly about the head and thrown into the water naked. It also specifically lists that he was found near the I-95 exit.

Just bringing this information forward.

What do y'all think of my cult theory?

I think it's unlikely, sorry.

There was a recent case of a special-needs boy found similarly (Liam H., Las Vegas, May 2021), and the suspect is his mother. In Liam H's case, his mother said she removed his clothing to leave one less clue that could lead back to his identity and her.

So that could be unduely influencing me, but I'm thinking this little boy was also murdered by either his own relative(s) or caregivers (maybe he was living at a facility, if he was special-needs and was given up by his biological family who didn't feel they could raise him?)

I think it's unlikely, sorry.

There was a recent case of a special-needs boy found similarly (Liam H., Las Vegas, May 2021), and the suspect is his mother. In Liam H's case, his mother said she removed his clothing to leave one less clue that could lead back to his identity and her.

So that could be unduely influencing me, but I'm thinking this little boy was also murdered by either his own relative(s) or caregivers (maybe he was living at a facility, if he was special-needs and was given up by his biological family who didn't feel they could raise him?)

Yes that seems to be the case sadly. Heart shattering, this just screams abuse going on for a long period of time. I wonder if they analyzed his body, to see if he was malnourished or he had been abused for a long period of time or only on that particular day. That would be a very good lead to have.

This boy was also found nude, I wonder if he had his clothes on he could have been identified easily (Uniform, Logo linked to an association where his family worked, initials or name of the boy) or maybe sadly him being nude might be an indication of something else happening... :(

Last edited:
So many people accusing the parents of doing something to this child, whilst yes that does happen and frequently, it is not the only explanation. Police back then were very discriminatory towards people of colour. It could be that the parents tried to report him missing but police wouldn't do a report. There was the case of Mitchell Owens from California back in 1983, his Mum was being attacked by an unknown assailant in their home and she told little Mitchell to run. When the assault was over she couldn't find Mitchell, she called the police and even though he was only four years old at the time and went missing whilst his Mum was being attacked, the police refused to do a report or even a search, stating that he was a runaway. Now can you imagine if that same incident involved a white child the police would rule a four year old a runaway? No? Me neither! So my point being is that maybe there is a heart broken Mum and Dad out there somewhere, desperately wanting to know what happened to their little boy.
I hope this little man gets his name back soon, rest peacefully little dude your day is coming.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back