VA VA - Lovely Brooks, 53, transgender, sole caregiver for her dad, poss foul play, Richmond 10 Jan 2023

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score

RICHMOND, Va. -- Foul play may be a “high possibility" in the disappearance of Lovely Brooks, a Richmond woman who disappeared nearly three weeks ago, according to detectives.

The 53-year-old was last seen leaving her Barlen Drive home on Richmond's Southside the morning of Tuesday, Jan. 10. Since the age of 18, Brooks has identified as a transgender female.

Her family is her lifeline and her sister says she would never walk away – even though times have been tough the past few years.

More at Where is Lovely Brooks? Foul play feared in case of missing Richmond woman

RICHMOND, Va. -- Foul play may be a “high possibility" in the disappearance of Lovely Brooks, a Richmond woman who disappeared nearly three weeks ago, according to detectives.

The 53-year-old was last seen leaving her Barlen Drive home on Richmond's Southside the morning of Tuesday, Jan. 10. Since the age of 18, Brooks has identified as a transgender female.

Her family is her lifeline and her sister says she would never walk away – even though times have been tough the past few years.

More at Where is Lovely Brooks? Foul play feared in case of missing Richmond woman
Oh, sweetheart. It breaks my heart to see a fellow LGBTQIA+ person missing or unidentified.

Over thirty years living as your true self in a hostile world. That takes so much courage.

I just hope she's safe and sound, somewhere.

And if she's not, I hope at least they find her, so that her family can say goodbye.

Lovely Brooks, known to friends and family as “Angie,” was last seen on January 10, 2023, within the 1000 block of Barlen Drive in Richmond, Virginia.

According to her sister, Pam Harris, Angie had been living with their father and taking care of him. He last saw her leaving their residence that morning. Pam told Dateline that it seemed as if Angie was planning to come back home soon. “She left her charger,” Pam said, which was out of character. “As far as we know, the only thing she might have had on her was her purse. Her suitcase and everything was still at home, so she definitely intended to come back.”
Lovely Angie Brooks

Pam says she learned of Angie’s disappearance on Tuesday, January 17 when her daughter, who had also been staying with Angie and her father, grew concerned and called her. She told her mother that she’d been hoping her aunt would return on her own, but it had been too long with no contact so she reached out for help. Pam reported Angie missing to the Richmond Police Department the next day. On January 24, Richmond PD posted on social media asking for the public’s help in locating the 53-year-old.

Pam told Dateline that while she and her sister didn’t speak every day, the two are very close. “Normally I might call her and get her voicemail, but she’ll call me back in a couple of hours, or she’ll call me when she wake up, or she’ll call me when she come home,” Pam said.

Lovely Andreya Brooks​

brooks_lovely.jpg
brooks_lovely2.jpg
brooks_lovely3.jpg
brooks_lovely5.jpg
brooks_lovely7.jpg

Brooks, circa 2023
  • Missing Since 01/10/2023
  • Missing From Richmond, Virginia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 53 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'11, 175 - 185 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsA frican-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Brooks is transgender and identifies, dresses and lives as a woman, and she uses the name Angie. She has a tattoo of a small heart on her chest and her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Brooks was last seen leaving her residence in the 1000 block of Barlen Drive in Richmond, Virginia on January 10, 2023. At the time of her disappearance she lived and cared for her elderly father. She most of her belongings behind, including her luggage and cellular phone charger, but did take her phone and purse with her. She has never been heard from again. Her family reported her missing on January 18.

Because Brooks's disappearance is uncharacteristic of her behavior, foul play is possible in her case. It remains unsolved.

Last updated January 23, 2024; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back