VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Bless them that they can cope in another city minus one beautiful child. I hope someone pays soon for this-

There are too many co-incincdences against the jerk to ignore IMO, but Im sure LE is getting their ducks in a row......sure hope those suckers get in line soon ....lol :crazy:

I know I would not be able to stay in that house after my daughter was brutally murdered there. Going home to family would be in the best interest of the other children and parents, imo. They need the support at this time.

I do think this case appears to be getting cold tho. If they had a POI/Suspect...they would be moving towards that end quickly. I don't see it from what we are able to glean from the situation thus far. Sad to say.

The family has a meeting with the detectives on Wednesday, exactly 2 months since Meghan's murder. I'm hopeful that something will be explained as to why nobody has been arrested for this. They plan on reviewing all the evidence and asking more questions. I'd hate to think that her killer is just roaming the streets, living a somewhat life (has to be nervous about getting caught), but c'mon, it's been 2 MONTHS.

I sooo hate to say this, but my hope for finding her murderer dwindles more every day. As positive as I was in the beginning that someone would be brought to justice on this, I can't be hopeful anymore. And I hate feeling that way.

I know the parents can't say much about what is going on 'behind the scenes' and they seem content in the investigation so far. So I know that they know more than what is being said and put out there. But now I can't help but think that after all this time, after all the people dedicated to this, that the PPD is still scratching their head as to who did this to precious Meghan.

:furious:

I feared that all along. I was born and raised in P-town and I've never seen anything much worthwhile accomplished by the PPD. That department has always had a corruption problem and a do nothing attitude. It's sad to say, but I fear Meghan's murder is going into the cold case file. LE never openly and consistently asked for help or information the way I've seen other areas do. LE never issued a warning to the public that there is a very bad and heartless person living amoung us. They led us to belive that they had a suspect, while in reality they don't have a clue.

We know DNA should have been left by the perp --on Megan and at her home. Sounds like sloppy police work was preformed.
Forensics should have been back weeks ago. Makes me sick.

Think maybe they messed up with the evidence collection and are having a problem proving a case? :confused:

Think maybe they messed up with the evidence collection and are having a problem proving a case? :confused:

I am choosing to believe that this case is tied to a larger issue, which was discovered atf. Additionally, I think there are jurisdiction issues at play here as a result which is taking the focus off-task, I fear.

I'm asking everyone to keep the faith a little longer, or maybe I just am unwilling to think that this child's gruesome end will go without justice, either way, I for one, will not let that pass.

Glad to hear they are meeting with the parents to inform them of what is going on with the investigation. I believe they are owed as much.

I thought it would have gone quicker in finding the perp, too. Blink could be right in that jurisdiction issues etc. are playing a role in the investigation.

Just read the past 26 pages...as I was away when this case happened...just bumping for Meghan....my goodness. I'm praying for her family's well-being.

I edited my above post to say the correct months...it's been 2 and not 3...not that it makes any difference in the delay on this. :mad:

I don't know, and I really don't. But in a lot of cases it seems one person may have a link to another in different social circles. Maybe someone was going to talk, to tell, to say something to incriminate someone else. I mean child *advertiser censored* is child *advertiser censored*. Never can tell who all was involved in the *advertiser censored* ring and was going to expose that ring or someone in it. ???

I also think this case is bigger than you think, in other words, more people are involved. I'm pretty sure the LT is not the only one involved, but knows someone who is. I think the guy shot down in the street may be part of it too. God forgive if I am wrong, but it sounds too strange. A Lt and a Lt.

I read the newspaper every day and watch the news on television at least once and I haven't heard anything about the Lt's murder since right after it happened.

Coincidence? I don't know.

I am choosing to believe that this case is tied to a larger issue, which was discovered atf. Additionally, I think there are jurisdiction issues at play here as a result which is taking the focus off-task, I fear.

I'm asking everyone to keep the faith a little longer, or maybe I just am unwilling to think that this child's gruesome end will go without justice, either way, I for one, will not let that pass.

HI Blink- Amen to your post !! SOMETHING has got to be holding them up in order to make their case- I believe in our justice system, as well as NCIS- Meghan Landowski deseerves to be remembered, and NEVER forgotten-

Speaking of that- Has anyone had any luck getting any of the local vendors to donate some flowers or a small tree that can be planted in her memory-

Maybe CAgirl can ask the parents if there is an appropriate place to plant it? Maybe they had a home church? Maybe even at her school? Sorry, just trying to brainstorm :waitasec: I understand that they will be moving away from the area, but I think it would be great for her young classmates that knew and loved her to have a place to come and think about her~

May she rest in peace forever!!! :angel::angel:

I know the dance school in which she attended used their business billboard to say "We love you Meghan." Of course that could temporary...I think, but nevertheless, they are still keeping her alive w/ rememberance. Even 2 months later.

I agree that this is a bigger issue in addition to her murder. I would not be surprised if there is a major child *advertiser censored* industry being tackled. Of course, they are not going to leak out much because if we can read about it, you know the killer can read about it. In fact, it would not surprise me if the killer checks the web countless times a day to see what is being brought to light. Who knows, that person could be reading this now and laughing over what we thought to happen and who the person might be. So, I think the PPD is keeping this tight lipped for a reason. (I could be wrong, but that is what I truly think.)

gayle23074, i think you're absolutely right. And with PPD having access to this website, they're linking whoever they can that's on here with information that they have. If they have a connection, they won't be on here anymore. I do think it's much bigger than the little one man show. Just like a big drug ring, this is probably some kind of ring. I believe justice will be served, but only when it's time. 6 months maybe? There may be other murders involved with this case. I truly believe that.:confused:

My prayers go out to Meghan's family that justice will be done soon. My prayers also go out to PPD, NCIS, and all other law enforcement officials involved. May the force be with them all.

Wouldn't it make sense also that at least her best friend would know Of Meghan's actions/whereabouts/business. Or do you think one or some of them would be involved too? And just wondering, are any of these LTs friends/coworkers of the stepdad? I do believe they(LE) are honestly checking links as we speak.

Wouldn't it make sense also that at least her best friend would know Of Meghan's actions/whereabouts/business. Or do you think one or some of them would be involved too? And just wondering, are any of these LTs friends/coworkers of the stepdad? I do believe they(LE) are honestly checking links as we speak.
Yes it does make a lot of sense girls at that age tell their bestfriends everything. Hopefully LE have questioned her friends. This had to be someone who knew she was getting out of school early that her brother would not be home and her parents were at work. I hope LE doesn't drop the ball on this one.

You're right, the person would have to know that they would find Meghan home alone. I wonder if they even knew that her brother was staying late at school that day or at a friend's house. It's really scary. It makes it seem as if it was either someone Meghan talked with (maybe on the computer), someone that someone in her family talked with or another student's parent. Or another student for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value