GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

I agree, Lizzybeth...Maybe these tip lines will give someone who knows something the confidence to speak up.

Bigmike...you are definitely on point...being "Dad" is not about the biology.

Couple of things...the young lady that reported that Meghan was scared and wanted to go home with her had never been seen before by Meghan's mom! This young lady clearly was looking for her 15 seconds of fame. Meghan had a normal day the day she was murdered...her mom dropped her off and Meghan came home, called her mom & then ran next door to borrow a box of Mac & Cheese (her favorite)...what happened between that & when her stepdad found her is still unknown.

Yes, both the Navy LT & his wife stood to lose everything. He has 4 children and his wife was running an in house daycare. He would lose his retirement, gone to the brig & been dishonorably discharged. I'm not sure that he has been completely cleared in Meghan's case but he has enough pending charges to keep him in jail/the brig for a VERY, VERY long time :behindbar. Hopefully he will still be charged with Meghan's molestation. And no he didn't rape her.

Meghan will NEVER be forgotten by her friends & family. The Portsmouth PD & NCIS are working very hard (a big THANK YOU!!!) and are not as incompetent as the news media would like you to think. If this list is thinking it out loud...I trust that they are also thinking along the same lines. I am confident that this case will be solved. I think everyone is exhausting all leads and making sure that they have an unbeatable case against the perp.

Until this person is caught, I will keep Meghan's family & the men & women working this case in my thoughts & prayers!
I wouldn't be so quick to discount this girls statment it was more than one girl who said it and if true it is a very telling piece of evidence that Meghan was scared because she had prior knowledge that something was going to happen,maybe she wasn't one of her friends that her parents knew but a girl from school that she walked home with that day from what i understand there was a group of girls that walked home that day together. A good detective should be able to interview the girls that made the statment to find out if it was true..

Meghan being scared to go home that day was just a rumor. She was not "terrified", nor did she ask to go home with someone else. With the prior issues within this family, there is no way that Meghan wouldn't have spoken up to her parents if she felt threatened in any way. She could have stayed at her neighbors if she was scared. But she didn't. She walked over to get some mac and cheese, and what happened from the time she got home until her dad found her is the mystery.

Her (step) dad had nothing to do with her murder, and I hate that it's still being speculated that he did.

I've brought up the wife of the Lt. a couple of times, thinking that she could have something to do with this. It just seems bizarre to me, that with everything this couple had to lose, how convenient it is that Meghan is gone. If it's found that one had nothing to do with the other, that's one hell of a coincidence.

Couple of things...the young lady that reported that Meghan was scared and wanted to go home with her had never been seen before by Meghan's mom! This young lady clearly was looking for her 15 seconds of fame. Meghan had a normal day the day she was murdered...her mom dropped her off and Meghan came home, called her mom & then ran next door to borrow a box of Mac & Cheese (her favorite)...what happened between that & when her stepdad found her is still unknown.

Yes, both the Navy LT & his wife stood to lose everything. He has 4 children and his wife was running an in house daycare. He would lose his retirement, gone to the brig & been dishonorably discharged. I'm not sure that he has been completely cleared in Meghan's case but he has enough pending charges to keep him in jail/the brig for a VERY, VERY long time :behindbar. Hopefully he will still be charged with Meghan's molestation. And no he didn't rape her.

Meghan will NEVER be forgotten by her friends & family. The Portsmouth PD & NCIS are working very hard (a big THANK YOU!!!) and are not as incompetent as the news media would like you to think. If this list is thinking it out loud...I trust that they are also thinking along the same lines. I am confident that this case will be solved. I think everyone is exhausting all leads and making sure that they have an unbeatable case against the perp.

Until this person is caught, I will keep Meghan's family & the men & women working this case in my thoughts & prayers!

Meghan being scared to go home that day was just a rumor. She was not "terrified", nor did she ask to go home with someone else. With the prior issues within this family, there is no way that Meghan wouldn't have spoken up to her parents if she felt threatened in any way. She could have stayed at her neighbors if she was scared. But she didn't. She walked over to get some mac and cheese, and what happened from the time she got home until her dad found her is the mystery.

Her (step) dad had nothing to do with her murder, and I hate that it's still being speculated that he did.

I've brought up the wife of the Lt. a couple of times, thinking that she could have something to do with this. It just seems bizarre to me, that with everything this couple had to lose, how convenient it is that Meghan is gone. If it's found that one had nothing to do with the other, that's one hell of a coincidence.[/quote
I saw a comment from one of her friends i think it was on one of the news website that she heard Meghan say she was scared,I think police should interview the girls and get it out of them once and for all if indeed she was a afraid or this is just s rumor the only people who know for sure if this was said are these girls and Meghan

It's possible they've already done that jeepgirl. I don't think they've reported it but they may know it was rumor.

Originally I wondered about the step-dad (don't we see that all too often on these boards?) but after talking with someone I never thought it was him again. He was too devastated after finding Meghan. No way anyone could fake what that man was going through (unless they were a great actor).

Reading about the relationship that Meghan had with her step-dad is also reassuring. I don't know the status of the relationship between Meghan's mom and her bio-dad but from some of what the article said, I got the feeling that Meghan maybe missed out on having a Daddy when she was younger. Her jumping on his lap and telling him that she never had to grow up...
It really bothers me to read or even write that because she never had the chance to grow up. Whoever did this has to be found and has to pay for it. I hope they never have another moment of peace in their life. That her face haunts them forever.

I agree that the only people that would benefit from Meghan being gone is Lt. Hicke and his family.

JMO

Through the neighborhood today on my way home from work, all of about 5 minutes ago, I counted 3 unmarked police cruisers and 6 men in suits. Two of these guys were walking down one street, there were 2 at a house talking to someone and there were 2 more that were getting out of a car on the interior corner of Roberts.

Anyone hear anything new? I hadn't heard about something new in the area, so I'm guessing that it might be related.

Through the neighborhood today on my way home from work, all of about 5 minutes ago, I counted 3 unmarked police cruisers and 6 men in suits. Two of these guys were walking down one street, there were 2 at a house talking to someone and there were 2 more that were getting out of a car on the interior corner of Roberts.

Anyone hear anything new? I hadn't heard about something new in the area, so I'm guessing that it might be related.

Can you tell a non-local how far this is from Falls Church?

mmmbrownies, I saw them too. When I left home around 6:30 there was an officer talking with someone in their front yard on Elmhurst. It was a house right across from (I think) Mimosa. It's the one you turn off Elmhurst to get to Pinecrest Church. Then there was a burgundy unmarked car sitting in the church's parking lot (the one that is one Elmhurst almost across from Food Lion). It's terrible I ride by these streets and churches everyday and never notice the names.

Later yesterday, around 8:50 I was at Food Lion. The same unmarked burgundy car was parked in the fire lane. There was another, possibly unmarked car, parked behind them. The guy (dressed in a suit) that was earlier in the burgundy car was standing at the passenger side window of the other car writing something on a clip board. I was staring and these men were oblivious to anyone else around them. When I came out the burgundy car was still parked there with the one man in it and the other car was gone.

My son wondered if it had something to do with the bank robbery at Wachovia. That was at least a week ago though and I doubt they would be out looking for clues after so long.

I hope it means that they're closer to finding out who did this. Wow, I wonder if it is someone in the neighborhood?

Blink, Washington DC is about 300 miles from here. Falls Church is further north I think? or maybe around the same area as DC?

All of the cars you guys saw just means that they're still working the case! Happy weekend all....:)

Driving on interstate 95 - Falls Church area is 235 miles, takes about 2- 2 1/2 hours. Pass it all the time on the way to see my parents :)

Thanks guys, that puts me back to the drawing board unfortunately..

thats so awful. i really hope that this is solved. i just had a friend die in portsmouth.

breaking news (wavytv 10) along the bottom of the screen just announced that there will be a press conference today at 10:00 am to announce a major break in this case:

http://tinyurl.com/5jbjg7

PORTSMOUTH

A 17-year-old boy was in court this morning on charges he killed Meghan Landowski.

The boy was 16 at the time of the crime. He’s charged with first-degree murder and burglary.

A police probable cause summary filed with the court says the boy climbed through a bedroom window of Landowski’s home, and encountered her. It says that she was bound and stabbed several times before he fled on foot.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/10/17yearold-charged-homicide-meghan-landowski-portsmouth

There were times my hope dwindeld, there were times when I wondered if you cared as much as we wanted you to care. After watching the news conference, I know you did and there were simply things you could not tell us.

Thank you for this important step in bringing peace and justice to Meghan's parents!

Now let's hope it's right and justice is carried out swiftly. If found guilty and volunteers are needed to carry out sentencing, I know several that'll help.

The name was just announed - I am surprised they were able to do so - I thought they withheld that information for juveniles.

Robert Barnes, identified in court testimony, was 16 at the time of the crime, is charged with first-degree murder and burglary.

I think you might have to stand in line behind all that know & loved Meghan and her family. While it is a relief to know that someone will answer for this crime, it still won't bring Meghan back. Her parents will still mourn all that they have lost...all those firsts that parents look forward to...the prom, the wedding, the first grandchild...these things have been violently taken away from them when this person stole Meghan from them. :furious: I can only pray that justice will be served in this case. I do want to thank the Portsmouth Police for all that they have done!!! :clap: Their tireless work is appreciated more than words can say!!!:woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back