Deceased/Not Found VA - Melissa Brannen, 5, Lorton, 3 Dec 1989 *C. Hughes guilty*

This 3 December will mark 34 years since Melissa Brannen went missing.

melissa_lee_brannen_4.jpg

Melissa Lee Brannen, age 5
Abducted 3 December 1989

This 3 December will mark 34 years since Melissa Brannen went missing.

melissa_lee_brannen_4.jpg

Melissa Lee Brannen, age 5
Abducted 3 December 1989

One person knows what became of Melissa:

melissa_lee_brannen_10.jpg
brannen_melissa_hughes2.jpg

Caleb Hughes, in 1989, and at his release from prison in 2019.

LINK:

Caleb's wife stinks.She writes down the mileage on the car because she supposedly suspected he was being unfaithful to her,then he becomes a suspect for kidnapping,and she still stood by him?I'll link the article and ya'll can read and decide for yourselves.The kids studying archaeology at SIU here always get to take ground penetrating radar equipment out in the field to play with,it shouldn't be too hard to image that basement/property without the need for a dozer.You could argue maybe she was moved later but it may of been in their best interest to leave well enough alone.Let's not forget Caleb spent 3 yrs in crime school(prison) for larceny before Dec. 1989..I tried to find the house online to see if there were pictures on a real estate site,does it even still exist?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...defense/84459547-03d9-4c62-bee7-549a92055d01/
I am shaken. My daughter said a little girl was yelling at her from the basement. I live on Plymouth Ct I started looking up deaths in my area and did not expect to find a scandal of this magnitude on my street. And about a little girl no less. Just what my daughter said. Somebody please bust out the gpr... I'll get you into any house you need!

his conviction for her intent to defile was appealed and he won the appeal.
It is pretty clear that Caleb Hughes abducted and murdered Melissa and then hid her body.

Without a body, prosecutors decided not to charge him with murder, but did charge and convict him of abduction with intent to defile.

If her body can be found, Hughes could be tried for first degree murder and if convicted, given the death penalty.

It is pretty clear that Caleb Hughes abducted and murdered Melissa and then hid her body.

Without a body, prosecutors decided not to charge him with murder, but did charge and convict him of abduction with intent to defile.

If her body can be found, Hughes could be tried for first degree murder and if convicted, given the death penalty.
And if you google his name you will see his appeal for the intent to defile was appealed and his appeal was won. He still went to jail and served time for the kidnapping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back