Found Deceased VA - Molly Meghan Miller, 31, Charlottesville, 29 Dec 2017

According to this, she did use the credit card but it was before she went missing: https://www.facebook.com/theawarefoundation/posts/958709580947476

“ANOTHER UPDATE: The credit card charge was made by Molly but it was BEFORE she went missing.

UPDATE: The name on the credit card used at Harris Teeter was in her fiance's name. However, Molly is still able to use the credit card. The police are gathering all the information and that's one of the first things they will look at.

***Missing*** Molly Meghan Miller was last seen on December 29, 2017, around 8:30 p.m. on King Street near the UVA Medical Center in Charlottesville, VA. Last seen wearing a black sweatshirt. Sometime between the hours of 8:30-9:00 p.m. someone used her credit card at the Harris Teeter at 975 Emmet St N in Charlottesville to make a purchase over $300.00 on her credit card. Family and friends are concerned about her well-being. If you have any information on Molly’s whereabouts please contact the Charlottesville Police Department at the number listed below. Case # C201743364 #theawarefoundation #missing #MollyMeghanMiller #MollyMiller
#CharlottesvilleVirginia #CharlottesvillePoliceDepartment Kathrine

WVIR NBC29 CBS19 News - Charlottesville Newsplex Matt Talhelm NBC29 Taylor Gleason NBC29 ABC 8News - WRIC Jon Burkett - WTVR CBS 6 NBC12 Sarah Bloom NBC12 Curt Autry NBC12 Newsradio Wina Fox 5 DC Fox News WTOP News Coy Steven Barefoot Andre Whitehead Neal Augenstein
Henderson Long Tom Rodgers NBC Washington Albemarle County Police Department WSLS 10 / WSLS.com WDBJ7 ABC 13 - WSET Courteney Blum Stuart Marian McConnell Mark Eggeman”

Can they see or tell what she or the person with the card bought? if alot of stuff it can give the idea maybe someone offered her a ride to help?

Sometime between the hours of 8:30-9:00 p.m. someone used her credit card at the Harris Teeter at 975 Emmet St N in Charlottesville to make a purchase over $300.00 on her credit card.

So the purchase could have been made only a few minutes after she left the house.

Interesting question? Harris Teeter doe not carry any clothing lines.

They may have gotten a special display or clip hangers for gloves and toboggans, but that would be ir.

I've left home with just my credit card and ID in a pocket if I'm in the city at night where a purse snatching is a possibility. But never would I go out in winter without coat and phone. I feel like there's more that's not being shared.

It seems she did make it to the Harris Teeter (around 2 miles away) and made the $300 purchase. I'm guessing they were able to see this on the store cameras. HT has numerous cameras in store and they certainly know what she purchased. The information still says she was last seen on King St, which is not a large street and close to their house and not Harris Teeter (again around 2 miles). So, not sure if both the credit card purchase and the last seen are accurate.

Perhaps the trip to Harris Teeter was earlier.

The one I saw says the credit card purchase is before she went missing. Does that mean she made it to HT and then went missing or the HT trip was a separate, earlier trip? I'm guessing the latter, which leaves us with she left her place for a quick walk, underdressed for the weather, without much of anything. That does sound troubling.
I wonder how much money you can get back with purchase. I can often get $50 to $100 back on a purchase.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

According to this, she did use the credit card but it was before she went missing: https://www.facebook.com/theawarefoundation/posts/958709580947476

“ANOTHER UPDATE: The credit card charge was made by Molly but it was BEFORE she went missing.

UPDATE: The name on the credit card used at Harris Teeter was in her fiance's name. However, Molly is still able to use the credit card. The police are gathering all the information and that's one of the first things they will look at.

***Missing*** Molly Meghan Miller was last seen on December 29, 2017, around 8:30 p.m. on King Street near the UVA Medical Center in Charlottesville, VA. Last seen wearing a black sweatshirt. Sometime between the hours of 8:30-9:00 p.m. someone used her credit card at the Harris Teeter at 975 Emmet St N in Charlottesville to make a purchase over $300.00 on her credit card. Family and friends are concerned about her well-being. If you have any information on Molly’s whereabouts please contact the Charlottesville Police Department at the number listed below. Case # C201743364 #theawarefoundation #missing #MollyMeghanMiller #MollyMiller
#CharlottesvilleVirginia #CharlottesvillePoliceDepartment Kathrine

WVIR NBC29 CBS19 News - Charlottesville Newsplex Matt Talhelm NBC29 Taylor Gleason NBC29 ABC 8News - WRIC Jon Burkett - WTVR CBS 6 NBC12 Sarah Bloom NBC12 Curt Autry NBC12 Newsradio Wina Fox 5 DC Fox News WTOP News Coy Steven Barefoot Andre Whitehead Neal Augenstein
Henderson Long Tom Rodgers NBC Washington Albemarle County Police Department WSLS 10 / WSLS.com WDBJ7 ABC 13 - WSET Courteney Blum Stuart Marian McConnell Mark Eggeman”

Bumping this - I saw this update too, and it looked to be confirmed by her godmother in the Help save the next girl FB discussion. It's confusing but it seems like they've since determined that the HT purchase was actually made by her earlier in the day...perhaps it just didn't show up on CC records / online banking immediately, then that detail got out and it seems a lot of news sources haven't gone to the effort to make it clear that that was misinformation.

Bumping this - I saw this update too, and it looked to be confirmed by her godmother in the Help save the next girl FB discussion. It's confusing but it seems like they've since determined that the HT purchase was actually made by her earlier in the day...perhaps it just didn't show up on CC records / online banking immediately, then that detail got out and it seems a lot of news sources haven't gone to the effort to make it clear that that was misinformation.

Thanks Acinco! I haven’t had a chance to clarify my post and you did it perfectly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She seems like a very intelligent, very loved woman. And an empath. I wonder if the state of the world became too much for her to bear. It's very hard to keep from being overwhelmed and dejected right now. I don't see how this can end well at this point.

Nothing in her posts scream likely self-harm to me. She makes tons of political posts and obviously isn't a fan of Trump (like 80 percent of everyone I know). I'm also curious where the hint of a health problem comes from. That could change my opinion. As of now... I hope LE verifies the fiance's story thoroughly.

Nothing screams it to me, either. But I always tend to Occam's razor these things. Abduction/killings are far more rare than suicides, and I can certainly see that someone with such a passion for civil/human rights and environmental causes would be bereft right now. Or, it could have possibly been the result of an argument or a spontaneous reaction to something. In any case, she's been gone too long, and doesn't seem to be the type that one unnecessarily alarm her loved ones.

According to this statement, she left home at 8:30pm and was reported missing at 9:20pm. 50 minutes later. This seems ridiculously short to me, for an adult anyway. JMO.

But I also realize it's very easy to question/criticize when I've never been in the situation before, and don't know the whole story.
That's very fast. Someone was worried IMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

According to this statement, she left home at 8:30pm and was reported missing at 9:20pm. 50 minutes later. This seems ridiculously short to me, for an adult anyway. JMO.

But I also realize it's very easy to question/criticize when I've never been in the situation before, and don't know the whole story.

Ah actually - I thought that when I first read it too, but if you look back it actually says:

"On 12/30/2017 at approximately 9:20 p.m., the Charlottesville Police Department received a report of a missing female. The reporting party advised that Molly Meghan Miller was last seen on 12/29/2017 at approximately 8:30 p.m. when she left her residence in the 900 block of King St."

So by that, she wasn't reported missing until a little over 24 hours later. Which...also is strange to me; if I went on a walk at 8:30 at night, my spouse would be panicking by 10:00 and be out looking - he surely would not go to bed without reporting it. HOWEVER: I am not an expert but seem to remember hearing something about how in some places you can't report an adult as a missing person until 24 hours have passed - does anyone know if that's true? If so, that would explain the lag I guess.

Another (pretty obvious, and only partial) explanation, assuming the fiancé's story is true, would be that they had a fight and she stormed out. That would explain why she didn't bring her purse, keys, jacket(!), etc - although tbh I still think it's pretty weird she didn't bring her phone...I am also a young 30s woman and it's fair to say that none of my friends would go on a walk at night (or ever, really!) without bringing their phone. Unless it was a spur of the moment impromptu walk and my phone was dead (pretty unlikely), I would definitely throw it in my sweatshirt pocket. And if I'd just had a fight with my SO I wouldn't leave it there with him, I'd want to be able to text / vent to friends, etc. But anyways - perhaps they had a fight and she stormed out, and he assumed she was with friends / intentionally not coming home, so he didn't get too worried initially. Even then, 24 hours would be a long time though.

I've definitely known couples who get in dramatic fights and give each other the extended silent treatment regularly...they thrive on the drama and whatnot. IMO, purely based on a brief FB stalking, I don't get that impression from Molly and her fiancé. But who knows! That's just conjecture. As is over half of my post, of course. I will note that multiple people have posted supportive "thinking of you" type messages on his Facebook, so (the conjecture continues) it doesn't seem like a situation where her family/friends have never liked him or have jumped to suspecting him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back