Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking you know how LE said nothing relevant was found on all surveillance cameras -maybe they meant nothing new-maybe they saw her and it tied in with times where everyone else saw her -like when she was trying to gte back in, so it was not relevant...

Odd, I would think that during Metallica being on stage, that not many people would be on the outside and at that time they would be able to notice parking lot activity etc. on survelliance, which brings to mind that maybe this venue needs better security...how come there wasn't any security in the parking lot?

You can't buy tickets on the inside so they couldn't bring her a new ticket, and there is a policy that once somene leaves they are not allowed back inside regardless of whether they have a ticket stub.

JPJ doesn't have a box office where you can buy tickets?

You can't buy tickets on the inside so they couldn't bring her a new ticket, and there is a policy that once somene leaves they are not allowed back inside regardless of whether they have a ticket stub.

Thanks, but bad policy, here we stamp on the hands...

I have thought about the ticket scalper scenerio and her needing to walk to an ATM. What time did the box office close? It wasn't a sold out show, so I wonder why she didn't use a debit/credit card at the box office to buy another ticket. I assume she had these in her purse, but I guess it is possible she left them in the car.

Unless she was walking through parking lots to see if she could score an extra ticket that someone might have had, realizing her no-reentry predicament and really wanting to see the show in person...

Excellent point - scalpers do have a tendency to lurk in the surrounding areas.

Now that I know her friend initiated the call when Morgan didn't return to her seat right away, and then Morgan saying she had friends in the area she would get a ride home with, it's starting to sound like Morgan used this concert as an excuse to run off for some reason, no?

I know it's out there to think that, and she's a good kid and all, but it's weird now that I think about it. Maybe I'm just hoping for the best. I'm so tired of bad endings.

Right, the scalper scenario sounds plausible. Geez, this story chaps my hide. What a beautiful girl, when I watched Nancy Grace last night I was wondering why Morgan's friends aren't speaking out, or did I miss something?

It's possible that I've missed a piece of information somewhere, but do we know if she had access to money that would allow her to purchase another ticket?

If not, it's unlikely that she went in search of scalpers or an ATM.

Could have someone have stolen her purse before the show? We are going by what the friends are stating, maybe she never got in the venue at all.

Ok fine "The Nine"(+ someones "boyfriend") arent talking to media-I hope to God they are talking to LE!!!

Could have someone have stolen her purse before the show? We are going by what the friends are stating, maybe she never got in the venue at all.

Apparently confirmed sightings of her with her purse after 8:30, and LE seems pretty clear she was in the arena before being outside.

Every concert I've ever been to you can only purchase tickets outside the venue. If the concert was not sold out then I'm not sure why Morgan just didn't buy a new ticket at the outside ticket booth, or ask for her friends car keys so she could drive to a local McDonalds or something until the concert ended.
Morgan immediately suggested that she would go off to look for friends she knew in the area, and that is odd to me.
Again, how did Morgan know she could reach friends at that time of night to drive her back to her car in Harrisburg before the concert was out?
Why not just get the keys to the friends car that they all came in and drive somewhere wait for an hour and a half?

I have thought about the ticket scalper scenerio and her needing to walk to an ATM. What time did the box office close? It wasn't a sold out show, so I wonder why she didn't use a debit/credit card at the box office to buy another ticket. I assume she had these in her purse, but I guess it is possible she left them in the car.

Exactly. She wouldn't need to walk to the ATM to get money for a new ticket if she bought it at the arena, and why would she buy from an over priced scalper when the show wasn't even sold out.

Ok fine "The Nine"(+ someones "boyfriend") arent talking to media-I hope to God they are talking to LE!!!
ITA. I don't really have a problem with them not speaking to the media as long as they are speaking with LE.

The scalper theory sounds plausible to me, too. And -- they are often such low lifes!

I expect that Morgan's dad put some money in her checking/ATM card account to tide her over, especially on such a big weekend, planning to discuss the cash situation on Sunday, so she could have bought another ticket.

Re: friends in C'ville: couldn't LE put together a list -- compiled from her parents/brother and her friends (h.s. and college) of people she knew in Charlottesville? Her father said she didn't have friends there, but -- if LE compiled the list, the friends could provide the names of people they know Morgan knows, without revealing that info (names) to her family.

Hope that makes some sense. JMO.

I am glad to know that it was a friend who called Morgan from the arena when she (Morgan) was outside; at least they were looking out for her more than we had been led to believe. Also, if Morgan had been drinking, her friend may not have wanted her to drive her car, so didn't offer the keys. MOO.

Hoping for the best....

Every concert I've ever been to you can only purchase tickets outside the venue. If the concert was not sold out then I'm not sure why Morgan just didn't buy a new ticket at the outside ticket booth, or ask for her friends car keys so she could drive to a local McDonalds or something until the concert ended.
Morgan immediately suggested that she would go off to look for friends she knew in the area, and that is odd to me,
Again, how did Morgan know she could reach friends at that time of night to drive her back to her car in Harrisburg before the concert was out?
Why not just get the keys to the friends car that they all came in and drive somewhere wait for an hour and a half?

The whole scenario is strange to me, even based on Tuba's charts, okay she was possibly intoxicated....she should have stayed close to the doors were there is security present or near, and as you stated above why couldn't these friends toss her the car keyes...I feel like they are not telling everything...

and anyone knows you can't hear NADA in a concert especially like Metallica. So did the friend really hear her...was her purse stolen after, is the venue liable?? Did she meet a guy? Did the guy abduct her?

I hope that her brother can give LE at least a few names of people Morgan knew in C'ville. He used to live there right? I'm sure he introduced her to at least a few people (roomies, etc.) when she came there for visits.

The scalper theory sounds plausible to me, too. And -- they are often such low lifes!

I expect that Morgan's dad put some money in her checking/ATM card account to tide her over, especially on such a big weekend, planning to discuss the cash situation on Sunday, so she could have bought another ticket.

Re: friends in C'ville: couldn't LE put together a list -- compiled from her parents/brother and her friends (h.s. and college) of people she knew in Charlottesville? Her father said she didn't have friends there, but -- if LE compiled the list, the friends could provide the names of people they know Morgan knows, without revealing that info (names) to her family.

Hope that makes some sense. JMO.

I am glad to know that it was a friend who called Morgan from the arena when she (Morgan) was outside; at least they were looking out for her more than we had been led to believe. Also, if Morgan had been drinking, her friend may not have wanted her to drive her car, so didn't offer the keys. MOO.

Hoping for the best....

The only issue I have with the scalper theory is why would she pay a scalper when the concert wasn't sold out? She could have went to the ticket window and purchased one with her credit/debit card for a fraction of the price she'd pay a scalper.

The whole scenario is strange to me, even based on Tuba's charts, okay she was possibly intoxicated....she should have stayed close to the doors were there is security present or near, and as you stated above why couldn't these friends toss her the car keyes...I feel like they are not telling everything...

and anyone knows you can't hear NADA in a concert especially like Metallica. So did the friend really hear her...was her purse stolen after, is the venue liable?? Did she meet a guy? Did the guy abduct her?

Maybe her friend walked out to the hallway area to make the call to see what happened to Morgan and why she wasn't back to her seat yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea