Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry, but the hitchhiking story is BS. I do not believe Morgan would have done this. The sighting on the bridge was by the basketball players she had been talking to. I don't believe she was on the bridge. Police should focus on the last people she was confirmed to have been speaking with... and that my friends would be the players.

totally with you on this one.

Im sorry, but the hitchhiking story is BS. I do not believe Morgan would have done this. The sighting on the bridge was by the basketball players she had been talking to. I don't believe she was on the bridge. Police should focus on the last people she was confirmed to have been speaking with... and that my friends would be the players.

I'm confused. Is this factual information or just your thoughts?

Thanks.

I am told the hitching story is there for another reason -either to extend the investigation or to test something-I'm not quite sure but sources are not lending any credence to her actually hitchhiking from bridge-I'm trying to find out more

But there really is no known evidence to suggest any of them had anything to do with the situation other than being one of the last people to actually see her :angel:

I just want state again that i totally agree with this and I don't want anyone to think my post was anything more than brainstorming and I think it would be wrong to say anything bad about the players or the university or the team until there is more information.

I'm not sure what the whitepages is exactly I tried one spot but didn't really come up with anything. Could you clue me in a little? feel free to do so via pm or if you'd rather not say anymore i would 100% understand that also.

I don't think LE has said who the eyewitnesses were that saw Morgan on the bridge.

BUT, if it was the basketball players..... I wouldn't assume it's the truth.

think we can see why the sightings of MH with 3 men was not publicised by LE earlier, they would have not wanted anyone to think they were onto them

I'm confused. Is this factual information or just your thoughts?

Thanks.

It is a fact that she spoke with the players, they have admitted talking to her. But, they say they left her there, got into their cars and left after seeing her on the bridge. And I guess, now, hitchhiking. Yeah right. There was no way she was hitchhiking. She was smarter than that. I smell a cover up or either the police know what they are doing and very cleverly releasing this info for a reason.

Do we know who actually FOUND Morgan's purse? I read somewhere that it was "turned in" as being found, so that the person who turned it in may not be telling the truth about having "found" it or WHERE it was found. Does anyone have any specifics or source for the question of who found it and where?

Thanks in advance!

It seems Morgan was somewhat of a risk taker (going to heavy metal concerts, messing around with cigarettes etc.) but I just do not see it in her personality/to be that out of it on drugs or alcohol to go and hitchhike home. And I can not BELIEVE that her friends would think that it was any type of good idea for her to hitchhike anywhere.

Is going to heavy metal concerts and experimenting with cigarettes risk-taking behavior? If so, I don't know WHAT I did at her age would be called!:eek::eek::eek:

I also have a hard time believing Morgan would be so naive as to hitchhike. I didn't think anyone even did that anymore. Then again, you never know. As crime buffs/websleuthers, we read about all the girls on the Doe Network who disappeared while hitchhiking. It's possible 'civilians' just have no idea how dangerous it is. I'm thinking she would have to be REALLY upset and REALLY disoriented/intoxicated to do such a thing.

It is a fact that she spoke with the players, they have admitted talking to her. But, they say they left her there, got into their cars and left after seeing her on the bridge. And I guess, now, hitchhiking. Yeah right. There was no way she was hitchhiking. She was smarter than that. I smell a cover up or either the police know what they are doing and very cleverly releasing this info for a reason.

Oh yea let's not forget the very parking lot where she talked to the players is where her battery- less phone and purse were found.

no new info, just throwing a couple things out there...

I have to go with the State Police's info that it WAS Morgan's car at JPJ Arena. My logical brain really wants to side with *official police information* over a distressed Dad's.

As far as the hitchhiking goes; yes, most of us are horrified at the thought because we've all heard awful stories, etc, etc.
However, a couple things lead me to believe that Morgan may not have thought it was such a big deal. One is her Happy Hippie friend who we've all previously discussed, and the other is a photo released of Morgan early on, in which she's wearing a t-shirt from the All Good music festival. I've never attended an All Good, but know people who have, and know that it's a jam band, pot-smoking, post-hippie, hooper kind of scene. Not to mention the fact that her myspace page URL is "HIGHya". Believe it or not, there's still quite a subset out there who think it's 1969 all over again, that thumbing cross-country is cool, and that it's "all good".

MOO

here's something else I just thought of from the very early part of the investigation they have said that the battery being missing and who's car was being taken were not important. I always thought this was very strange I mean how can they not be relevant.

But with what we are releasing now....If they had reports of her asking ppl to uses their phones and maybe she said something about loosing her battery then maybe LE knew that she was ok after the battery was lost....Thus the statement the battery is not relevent.....and if they saw her hitchhiking or maybe getting into a car with someone then they would have reason to believe that whoevers car it was that was driven was not important

This would explain what originally seemed like crazy statements.

I agree. No one would hitchhike at that spot, even if they needed a ride. It is practically a part of the parking lot.

I wouldn't put anything past the UVA athletes. Plenty of felonious behavior, but usually from the footballers...

True on both counts from what I have just found out

Very interesting you know honestly from the first time I heard that the place the purse was found was used as a parking area by athletes’ during events that set something off for me. Athletes on collage campus's where the athletic programs are taken seriously are known to have a certain sense of entitlement and this attitude is notoriously and frequently rumored to spill over into their interactions "with the ladies" so to speak. I'm sure this reputation does not apply to most college athletes, but has been created by a minority of poor behaving ones. But no the less the reputation exists. So this just gave me an uneasy feeling. I didn't really think too much more on this at the time b/c, I told myself this is just a stereo-type based on stories about athletes many of which are likely not true, but again this is very interesting.

I find it a little bit eerie that there are now some UVA BB players implicated as having been the last person to see Morgan, and the recent theory that she was hitchiking, when there is also this guy "NK" who posted a very disturbing "theory" on FB about what happened to her (nice older guy agrees to drive her somewhere and ends up "accidentally" killing her when she doesn't submit to his advances) and he is -- get this -- an avid BB fan and scouter who drives around VA. He'd be just the perfect person to agree to drive her to H'burg because he has "nothing better to do," and hey -- he might have even known or been friendly with the bb players.

Could all be a coincidence, but it seems a little eerie.

Do we know who actually FOUND Morgan's purse? I read somewhere that it was "turned in" as being found, so that the person who turned it in may not be telling the truth about having "found" it or WHERE it was found. Does anyone have any specifics or source for the question of who found it and where?

Thanks in advance!

wow i never even thought of this but your right maybe they just kept the purse and turned it in saying they found it there.

P.S. to the best of my knowledge no details whatsoever have been release beyond that it was turned in by someone claiming to have found it sunday morning.

I've got a feeling that something is going to break in this case very soon.............

This is absolutely ridiculous! The state police are just now releasing a pic of the necklace??? They have just now saying they have confirmed she was hitch-hiking??? Really???

It's a little late to be releasing the pic of the necklace when it has been 27 days since she went missing. Little details like a unique (the necklace looks a little different... I would have remembered that had I seen someone wearing it) necklace might have made the difference in being able to tell MH from all the rest of the blond girls dressed in black. It would have been nice if that little piece of info had been released the first week or at least the second!

As far as her car at the arena. After the dust has settled I think it was her car at the arena and when the friends left they drove it to Harrisburg and left it there. I also believe the friends lied initially to MH's dad about her car. I just find it interesting that the one that took part in the search said MH called after she was outside and said "Don't worry I'll find a way home." What??? Does that mean she was going to try to get a ride all the way back to her apt? That girl is so nonchalant in that interview (considering she is one of the "9" supposed childhood friends that makes my hinky meter peg. I honestly think something happened between MH and her friends. MH would have had to have been really teed off at the friends to have been out hitching! It doesn't make any sense but angry will do just about anything, I just doubt she was out hitching on a bridge.

Just eyewitnesses...no security cameras... nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee