VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking for about a week on these posts and I have to say that the fact that she brought her "minion blanket" with her, just speaks to me on how profoundly young she truly was. Did that strike anyone else? I know she was a child who'd been through so much, but this just really hit me as almost proof of how immature she was socially. Poor kid...she was really crying out for help. I wish she'd gotten it. No judgment on her family/parents, here, either. I can't imagine what they're going through.

I've seen some posts criticizing Nicole's father for going on Dr. Phil. I don't understand why some parents (who we know to be completely innocent) are seen as "fame-hungry" after doing one media appearance whereas other parents are allowed to make careers out of their child's case. It's completely taboo to bring up some parents but the floodgates are open for others. People are speculating about how much money Nicole's father made from one media appearance. There are other parents who have appeared in the media probably 100+ times yet I never see any discussion about how much money they've made. I am not asking for us to start criticizing other parents to make it fair playing field, but I think we should ask oursevles why it is that our minds instantly go to fame and $$ when we see Nicole's dad on Dr. Phil, and we have no issues with expressing that opinion, yet we either don't feel that way about other parents in the media,or we do, are are just too afraid to say anything

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Many parents don't go to the media, and they are called out for that also.
It's his daughter, if he wants to speak out, who am I to judge him. If it wakens one parent to what can happen, then good for him.
If Dr Phil can pay the Anthonys, why shouldn't anyone on the show not get paid. I think it's obvious, Dr Phil is making a fortune.

To the Dad, my point: Why did you say on the Dr. Phil show that you heard about your daughter's death through the media, when in reality we all know (by your Facebook post) that you knew well in advance, many hours before it was announced by MSM.

RSBM

Perhaps he was called by a reporter asking for a quote and he misspoke and couldn't clarify? Dr. Phil was moving at a fast pace which didn't leave much time for explanations by the father and even put words in his mouth at times, IMO. Just an alternate thought.

One of my biggest issues with the interview is that it was conducted so early on when so few facts are truly known about the crime. It would have been nice to hear how the parents handled her SM and discipline in general so the public would know what lessons to learn. His regret and grief seemed genuine to me. The clipped they showed of her mother was heartbreaking.

The father's disdain for NK's gluten-free diet concern showed me some that perhaps this has lit a fire and I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he intends to become an advocate at this point.

All IMO of course.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Since our victim is a minor it is a good bet that many of her FB friends are minors as well. Even more reason to protect their privacy and not copy/paste their posts here.

And sleuthing of her friends or their pages is a big :nono: Please be advised, if it continues folks could risk losing their posting privileges.

I've been lurking for about a week on these posts and I have to say that the fact that she brought her "minion blanket" with her, just speaks to me on how profoundly young she truly was. Did that strike anyone else? I know she was a child who'd been through so much, but this just really hit me as almost proof of how immature she was socially. Poor kid...she was really crying out for help. I wish she'd gotten it. No judgment on her family/parents, here, either. I can't imagine what they're going through.

The minion blanket really broke my heart. Not only does it show the precious innocence of a child, but it also shows how horrible NK is to have kept that blanket. Not only did DE and NK savagely take Nicole's life, NK then had to keep her special blanket which I find disgusting. My kids are all under the age of 4 and all have their special security blankets they can't be without so maybe I'm over reacting to how special the blanket was to Nicole, it just bothers me so much that NK tried to take that from her too.

Nicole's father is forever trapped in a world of woulda, coulda, shoulda, and if I could have done things differently, and I wish....

Personally, I think Dr. Phil's interview was too early, but I think the father was genuine. I'm not sure that the suitcase should have even been brought up - I blame that on Dr. Phil. The authorities want as little of information about this case released/leaked as possible, so they can build a strong case between NK and DE. I know we all want the same. We wouldn't be here at Websleuths if we didn't want Justice for Nicole. It's neither here or there now that Nicole is dead. It's all about ensuring the killers get the maximum punishment for their crime. RIP our little mountain angel Nicole! You have touched our lives and our hearts forever! :heartbeat:

Moot point. She wasn't 14, she was 13. The initial contact lead to her being stabbed to death. Hypothetical questions don't factor in much when the child is dead. Just my strong opinion.

I agree. Even if Nicole had been 18 yrs old it wouldn't be any reason she she be lured from her house and brutally murdered.

Just thinking about the FBI's involvement in the case, thinking of Silence of the Lambs, Quantico is only 4 hours away from Blacksburg:

Quantico (formerly Potomac)[3] is a town in Prince William County, Virginia. As of the 2010 United States Census, Quantico had a population of 480.

Quantico is bordered by the U.S. military installation of Marine Corps Base Quantico on three sides and the Potomac River on the fourth. Quantico is located south of the mouth of Quantico Creek on the Potomac. The word Quantico is a derivation of the name of a Doeg village recorded by English colonists as Pamacocack.

Quantico is the site of one of the largest U.S. Marine Corps bases in the world, MCB Quantico. The base is the site of the Marine Corps Combat Development Command and HMX-1 (the presidential helicopter squadron), Officer Candidate School and The Basic School. The United States Drug Enforcement Administration's training academy, the FBI Academy, the FBI Laboratory, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations headquarters are on the base. A replica of the USMC War Memorial stands in the entrance to the base (the original is at the north end of Arlington National Cemetery).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantico,_Virginia

Wondering if prima donna Keepers watched Crimson Peak? It's a period piece dripping with Victorian era houses and costumes, horse-drawn carriages and stove-pip hats... Just watched it. Going to watch it again before it goes *poof* off my DVR.

It's got everything in it... snow, a young naïve girl, blood, a dog that looks just like PassionFlower's avatar (imagine that), a shovel, murder, a bit of Loeb and Leopold*, knives, butterflies, poisoning, moths, love, passion. Oh, it's also got Charlie Hunnam, Jessica Chastain (who does wicked and dark very, very well indeed), Tom Hiddleston, and Mia Wasikowska.

Del Toro called the film a "ghost story and gothic romance". He has described it as "a very set-oriented, classical but at the same time modern take on the ghost story", and said that it would allow him to play with the genres' conventions while subverting their rules.[16] He stated, "I think people are getting used to horror subjects done as found footage or B-value budgets. I wanted this to feel like a throwback."[17]

Del Toro wanted the film to honor the "grand dames" of the haunted house genre, namely Robert Wise's The Haunting and Jack Clayton's The Innocents. The director intended to make a large-scale horror film in the tradition of those he grew up watching, such as The Omen, The Exorcist, and The Shining. He cited the latter as "another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie", praising the high production values and Stanley Kubrick's control over the large sets.[16]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Peak

Both admitted that they were driven by the thrill of the kill, their Übermensch delusions, and their aspiration to commit a "perfect crime".[6] Leopold, at least, considered the incident an intellectual exercise. "The killing was an experiment," he told his attorney. "It is just as easy to justify such a death as it is to justify an entomologist killing a beetle on a pin."[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb

An FBI number is simply assigned to someone who's fingerprints and/or criminal record has been submitted to their database (arrests, employment, etc.)

Help me out, Bootsctr. What's the connection?

Not really a connection. It's that they are close if they are needed in any case there in Virginia - I would think. FBI school - I wonder how many students are studying Nicole's case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair