GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen on another post a lady said they had sent the searchers home for today and only LE was searching now.

I seen a post a lady said that only LE was searching now and the other searchers were sent home.

I seen on another post a lady said they had sent the searchers home for today and only LE was searching now. I am questioning this story, I am the least judgmental person and I don't jump to conclusions. I do hope and pray he is found safe.

I seen on another post a lady said they had sent the searchers home for today and only LE was searching now. I am questioning this story, I hope he is found safe.

Can't scent dogs usually follow a scent even when the person has been in the car?

I mean scratch that - yes it is possible, because we often read of scent trails of someone driving off in a car.

I usually don't write too much on all the threads.But I heard a little boy from Virginia was missing.Have they brought cadaver dogs in the house and around the property.

On the WSLS fb page a volunteer said all the volunteers were sent home, even firemen volunteers. on LE is involved now. LE is searching the house, that would be standard procedure, but guess it also means no sign of him. :(

Can't scent dogs usually follow a scent even when the person has been in the car?

I mean scratch that - yes it is possible, because we often read of scent trails of someone driving off in a car.
I usually don't write too much on all the threads because they bother me alot.But I heard a little boy from Virginia was missing.Have they brought cadaver dogs in the house and around the property.

My 5 y/o terrifies me. He would SO easily go with someone, no matter what we do...I know he would for a lost puppy or something. I think a lot of young children would, no matter how much the parents try.

A lot of children would. It's a great thing that there are so few people out there who would snatch children. The number of stranger kidnappings hasn't gone up since the 1950's - in fact, it's gone down. It's exceptionally rare for a stranger to snatch a child.

On the other hand, what IS effective in teaching your kids is - teach them that the moment they sense something "off", get out of there fast. Children are taught to be compliant and respectful to adults, and will usually follow a respectable looking adult's directions. Few pedophiles look like monsters - kids DO run from that. But kids who have survived kidnapping attempts often report that they knew something was very wrong well before they screamed and got out of there. Instead of teaching kids that all strangers are dangerous, we should be teaching them that when you sense you're in danger, get out of there NOW. We don't want our kids to freak out of a mommy at the park chats with them, but we DO want our kids to run when they know something is wrong. And kids usually have good radar for that.

My 5 y/o terrifies me. He would SO easily go with someone, no matter what we do...I know he would for a lost puppy or something. I think a lot of young children would, no matter how much the parents try.

A lot of children would. It's a great thing that there are so few people out there who would snatch children. The number of stranger kidnappings hasn't gone up since the 1950's - in fact, it's gone down. It's exceptionally rare for a stranger to snatch a child.

On the other hand, what IS effective in teaching your kids is - teach them that the moment they sense something "off", get out of there fast. Children are taught to be compliant and respectful to adults, and will usually follow a respectable looking adult's directions. Few pedophiles look like monsters - kids DO run from that. But kids who have survived kidnapping attempts often report that they knew something was very wrong well before they screamed and got out of there. Instead of teaching kids that all strangers are dangerous, we should be teaching them that when you sense you're in danger, get out of there NOW. We don't want our kids to freak out of a mommy at the park chats with them, but we DO want our kids to run when they know something is wrong. And kids usually have good radar for that.

I usually don't write too much on all the threads.It's just very sad.But I heard a little boy from Virginia was missing.They said his scent ended at the road near his house?Have they brought cadaver dogs in the house and around the property.

Are we not allowed to link to fb pages specifically for the missing? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members