GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please link to where it was said that he didn't like or was afraid of woman? of course, I am assuming this is on WS or a page that can be mentioned.

I believe it's post 620 in the last thread. Although it doesn't say he's afraid of women. It's referring to one specific woman who thought Noah acted "almost scared" of her. As far as I know, I haven't read anything saying he was afraid of all women.

I wonder what the author of the funeral piece was doing there at the funeral - her husband didn't know who the parents even were. Like, a spectator sport. I've never attended a funeral for someone I didn't personally know. And then I certainly wouldn't have written my opinion of the family for public viewing - anonymously, by the way. The author is most certainly willing to heap dung on a grieving mom, but really, don't post my name or ID, k?

Maybe she's worried someone might start threatening her as the admins were on the other fb page. Many people went there for Noah, if I lived close, I would've. It's not being a spectator, it's showing respect for a 5 year old child that was found in a septic tank. Also the admin that lived there in the house in front of them for a year, on the other page, said the same thing and she does know them.

I wonder why they went with the nap story. It seems an easier lie would be that they woke up in the morning and he was gone.

If you were guilty of harming your child and now you've hidden him, would you go with a nap story? Instead of, say, I was doing laundry and when I looked out again he was gone.
I wouldn't do something like this to anyone, let alone my child or anyone else's, but think about it. Taking a three hour nap vs. i just looked out and he was gone gave her much more time. She couldn't have them concentrating that he couldn't get that far if she just looked out and he was gone or they would concentrate more on around the yard.

I can't help but wonder what he would have grown up to be? A fireman? A Engineer?
He deserved so much more.

JMO

I remember reading (or maybe hearing in the interview with the sanitation worker) that those lids have 6-8 (10?) bolts and require "a tool" to remove but idk if they meant a special tool or just a generic screwdriver that everyone would have laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're correct, it takes a special "star" type of screw driver to remove the bolts. Can't use a regular phillips or flat type of tool.

I wonder where people can go and complain about these plastic lids. There's got to be some Dept that regulates that from state to state or Nationally where
people can email and call them. Gather up the incidents of people being found in them, accidentally or on purpose and send them links. It's ridiculous they even started making them plastic. There needs to be public awareness.

I just want to say, and I don't KNOW this, but since Noah did not convey to Angel, Mark, or the girls that he was to be a big brother. I'm guessing it wasn't the normal dynamic that you'd have when a new baby is on the way. They likely weren't all excited and anxiously awaiting baby's arrival. I'm saying they likely didn't make a huge deal out of it, so it probably wasn't a huge deal to Noah. We made a big deal out of our last baby and my four year old never acted like he cared. My baby is 6 months old now and my 4 year old just now started acknowledging his existence. He was just a noisy little blob to him, haha.

It is very common for people to come to a funeral when they don't know the family or the child. They often go to support and love the child and loss of a life gone too soon. Or they gone for their friend or family member who lost a loved one. I have been to MANY wakes where I didn't know the person who died. Only a few funerals. There were SO many people at both the children in my family who died funerals. Not everyone knew them. They may have known someone there though. They may have been a friend of a parent, a friend or relative of a grandparent or aunt, cousin, etc. Just because you don't know the child directly doesn't make it a like a spectator sport. You go for the living and show your love and support for them.

And then anonymously ask that something very nasty be posted about the family on the support website? That was shocking and ugly to me. I can certainly understand if you know the grandma, or worked with an aunt of the child, or simply was touched by the passing. BUT to then write that and ask that it be posted as a gossipy piece on the support facebook page, anonymously?

I just want to say, and I don't KNOW this, but since Noah did not convey to Angel, Mark, or the girls that he was to be a big brother. I'm guessing it wasn't the normal dynamic that you'd have when a new baby is on the way. They likely weren't all excited and anxiously awaiting baby's arrival. I'm saying they likely didn't make a huge deal out of it, so it probably wasn't a huge deal to Noah. We made a big deal out of our last baby and my four year old never acted like he cared. My baby is 6 months old now and my 4 year old just now started acknowledging his existence. He was just a noisy little blob to him, haha.

In my experience, 5 year old boys aren't all that excited about upcoming new babies in the family. The unborn baby is really more a "concept" than a living child to a 5 year old. I remember in our preK when a child has a new sibling born they'd make a birthday cake for the prek child and the other kids would sing "Justin's mommy had a baby. Not a boy not a girl just a plain old baby". It was hilarious. The older sibling could be expected to regress a little bit, and seem more tired and act out a little bit, but it wasn't like they were telling the news that mommy is pregnant to everyone.

I wonder where people can go and complain about these plastic lids. There's got to be some Dept that regulates that from state to state or Nationally where
people can email and call them. Gather up the incidents of people being found in them, accidentally or on purpose and send them links. It's ridiculous they even started making them plastic. There needs to be public awareness.

I completely agree. THAT is dangerous. To have an easily lifted lid, that if you fall in there is no way to get back out probably even if they are SEEN falling in. How would you get someone out of there before they drown? Incredible safety hazard.

I completely agree. THAT is dangerous. To have an easily lifted lid, that if you fall in there is no way to get back out probably even if they are SEEN falling in. How would you get someone out of there before they drown? Incredible safety hazard.

It's not easily lifted, it's bolted with special ones, but an adult that wanted to put a person in there and hears these stories only gives more wicked people ideas. KWIM Why give more people access to getting rid of bodies? This is why I don't like crime shows, it just gives people more ideas. To do this, you'd have to know the difference in putting a person in there, opposed to burying a person. It would take thought in where to put a body not to be found. Also, it could be a timeframe, if a person didn't have time to put a body somewhere else, and undercover of darkness or shielded out of sight some way.

O/T another baby is missing in OHIO by a quarry.............why???

It's not easily lifted, it's bolted with special ones, but an adult that wanted to put a person in there and hears these stories only gives more wicked people ideas. KWIM Why give more people access to getting rid of bodies? This is why I don't like crime shows, it just people more ideas.
and usually 4-6 inches of dirt and sod on top of it............very green grass in the leech bed area.

Okay my husband and I just got back from delivering Easter presents to my son's house. Among all of the "Have a nice Easter" etc., I suddenly asked to see the septic tank lid where my son lives. (If they didn't think I was nuts before, they do now). Anyway, that lid is a BEAST. I knelt down and tried lifting it and it would not begin to budge. It was approximately 4 to 5 inches deep made of some type of metal like concrete. He tried to lift it using the plastic handle on top (how effective is that!) and the handle broke off. Needless to say, it would take a professional to get the lid off.

Edited to add: The more I think about it, I think it was made of some type of cast iron.

Okay my husband and I just got back from delivering Easter presents to my son's house. Among all of the "Have a nice Easter" etc., I suddenly asked to see the septic tank link where my son lives. (If they didn't think I was nuts before, they do now). Anyway, that lid is a BEAST. I knelt down and tried lifting it and it would not begin to budge. It was approximately 4 to 5 inches deep made of some type of metal like concrete. He tried to lift it using the plastic handle on top (how effective is that!) and the handle broke off. Needless to say, it would take a professional to get the lid off.

That's the way they should be made, for sure. Maybe the silver lining to this whole awful story is they will all be made that way in the future.

I wonder what the author of the funeral piece was doing there at the funeral - her husband didn't know who the parents even were. Like, a spectator sport. I've never attended a funeral for someone I didn't personally know. And then I certainly wouldn't have written my opinion of the family for public viewing - anonymously, by the way. The author is most certainly willing to heap dung on a grieving mom, but really, don't post my name or ID, k?

I am an administrator in the educational system. I have attended a number of funerals for children and adults that I don't know. It was out of respect for the families in my district. If I worked in Noah's district I would have attended as well. Now, I would never have posted on FB or anywhere else about the behavior of the parents or anyone else for that matter.

I would assume both parents knew an arrest was imminent. Why would the parents be in the third row? My guess is that the whole family knew of the charges and worked with the parents and LE about them being there with a very low profile role. I would also guess that sitting by the exit was also a safety issue if someone wanted to come after them based on what many conjectured they did. Not arresting the parents before the funeral allowed the extended family to have a dignified service with less drama--maybe LE did it for the family and Noah rather than the parents.

Can we please not make the lid the bad guy here? The lid was bolted on with special bolts and covered with sod. Noah did not dig the lid up, unbolt it with his toy screwdriver then fall in and magic everything back in place.

Sadly, I think that in this case, the lid was probably "safe". However, Mom and Dad were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member