GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #7

Wait... So AW is saying that only 15 minutes elapsed between her realizing Noah was gone and her calling the police? Yet, PW knew to lie and say that the kids had ridden with them when AW brought him to work?

Your 5 year old is missing and you spend part of the first 15 minutes discussing with your husband over the phone while he is at work, what lies to tell the police? This stinks. ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will never know
how Little Noah
Got inside
That closed tank
Alive,,,
And then drowned
In his Parents sewage!

MOO

Catsinacradle, he really did not ever have a chance. I hope his baby sister has a better chance now at least, with people who love you enough to not smoke inside with a baby who has severe bronchitis. [emoji36]

"Finch also pointed to the fact that White had previously seen Noah standing on top of the septic tank lid, and that time she had made him promise to stay away from it.

“I find from the evidence she was aware of the danger posed to Noah by the septic tank,” Finch said before delivering a verdict of guilty on all counts."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_18cb561e-d856-5ebf-86d1-021a05a387c7.html

“Noah was going to be grounded for the whole day.” (eternity)
Can't convince me that with her attitude he "fell" inside there and drowned with hypothermia.

How did they stay there and go to the bathroom there?!

"Finch also pointed to the fact that White had previously seen Noah standing on top of the septic tank lid, and that time she had made him promise to stay away from it.

“I find from the evidence she was aware of the danger posed to Noah by the septic tank,” Finch said before delivering a verdict of guilty on all counts."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_18cb561e-d856-5ebf-86d1-021a05a387c7.html

“Noah was going to be grounded for the whole day.” (eternity)
Can't convince me that with her attitude he "fell" inside there and drowned with hypothermia.

How did they stay there and go to the bathroom there?!

How could you ever go to the bathroom again?! Gives me the willies just thinking about it. Poor little Noah with his sweet angelic smile. The horror he must have experienced is unfathomable.

I have a good one for y'all. Today in Arkansas it was in the 40s. My elderly aunt was coming home from getting her hair done and almost ran over a baby. She stopped, got the kid(2years old) out of the road and asked a little boy(5 years old) where his mommy was.(neither kid had a jacket on and both were in short sleeves) He said she was inside. She knocked and knocked no one ever came to the door so she walked inside. Mom was on the couch watching tv as Loud as it could go and said oh her brother(5)was supposed to be watching her. WHAT!!!then she proceeded to tell the 5 year old he was grounded for letting his baby sister in the road....I tried to get her to call the police, but of course she wouldn't. Some people don't need kids.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Not that it matters and is probably moot at this point:

Does the landlord bear responsibility for the Septic tank and making sure the tank is secure? It would seem to me that it would. IMO

I'd be willing to bet money the parents file a wrongful death suit against him.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/bench-trial-for-ashley-white-to-begin-thursday/37939286

"The owner of the property rented by Noah Thomas' family said the boy "was like my own." Gary Meadows lives next to the property he rented to Ashley White and Paul Thomas. They leased it from him in 2010, when Noah was just a baby. Meadows said he often spent time with Noah and became very emotional as he testified about their relationship........ Meadows described Noah as an "outside kid" who was learning to play basketball and was often by himself.

BBM... Sad.. "Often by himself". Just as I had been told he was. :(. I work, but you don't know how much I WISH I could afford to stay at home with my kids. So that I could play with them in the yard and take them to the park during the week. To imagine that his Mother was home and he was, at least "often", outside alone, infuriates me. I WANT to have that time with my kids and can't. And she not only squandered it, but killed him with her lack of attention. (IF that's all it was. ). Grrrr.

The special agent also talked about the lid of the septic tank where Noah Thomas was found. She described the tank as being 10 to 12 feet from the back of the trailer. The septic tank had a black plastic lid on it, which she was able to remove easily.

"The investigator testified that she looked inside of the tank with her flashlight but saw nothing but sewer water.

When it turned daylight on March 23, she looked at the lid closer and found that there was one screw connected to the lid. She testified that metal detectors were used to try and locate the other screws, but they weren’t successful.

BBM... Was the screw there when she first "removed" the lid? If she removed it, as the statement is worded, that sounds like no to me. But there was one the next time she looked? I wish if it's just a matter of wording, I wish they would have clarified this. Either she "removed" the lid (away from the pipe opening), "slid" the lid aside (with it being connected with one screw, or, the screw was just dangling through one of the holes in the lid, but not connected to the screw hole on the edge of the pipe.

From this article:

She explained how she talked "differently" than most people -- explaining that at times she would say things to Paul Thomas like "I'm going to kill your son." However, White went on to explain that she never meant those words in a literal sense.

:cry:

I have no words for how inadequate I find that sentence.

This all makes me sick to my stomach.
Noah's life mattered. Maybe not to these two but to us he mattered.

JMO

Thomas said he takes responsibility for his actions, calling the decision to leave Noah and his sister home alone last March 22 “the worst decision I ever made in my life.”

Thomas said he knows what he did was wrong, but said he has already paid for his crimes....

Thomas was never accused contributing to Noah’s death. And no one disputed that in court Wednesday...

Honeycutt said Thomas had already been convicted by a "pitchfork mentality" in the community unaware of all facts in the case. Honeycutt said he's heard comments about how Thomas deserved the death penalty.

“The commonwealth’s attorney’s office can’t release a bunch of information, so everything the community was saying about the case was based on rumors and very little of the evidence they actually had,” Honeycutt said. “People just have a tendency to run away with things and jump to conclusions. That’s what we don’t do in the legal process.”...

http://m.roanoke.com/news/crime/pul...764-d4e0-5799-90c1-784291666ed7.html?mode=jqm

Paul Raymond Thomas, 32, has already served about a year in jail, and Pulaski County Commonwealth’s Attorney Mike Fleenor said after the sentencing hearing. That will be counted as part of his time served. As for how much of the remaining three months Thomas will spend incarcerated, Fleenor said that will be up to jail officials to calculate...

Thomas was not offered a deal in exchange for his plea. Sentencing guidelines called for him to be sentenced to probation and no incarceration, but Circuit Court Judge Bradley Finch said he had decided to deviate above the guidelines because the age of the children and condition of Thomas’ home...

Lindsay Honeycutt, lawyer for Paul Thomas, previously filed a pretrial motion which sought to exclude all evidence related to Noah’s death during the trial. Honeycutt argued his client is accused of leaving his two children home alone when he went to work on March 22, but Noah didn’t go missing until later in the day.

http://m.heraldcourier.com/news/noa...2a8-e627-11e5-ad77-b3280c169689.html?mode=jqm

56c63bad92f79.image.jpg
Evidence photo of the septic tank entrance and lid

Did the 5-year-old somehow close it as he fell in? Or, did someone else put the lid on the tank after Noah drowned?...

More than a dozen witnesses took the stand last week before Noah’s mother, Ashley White, was found guilty of neglect and abuse in relation to his death and the care of his infant sister. No witness offered any kind of explanation for how the lid was found closed with the boy inside.

The only theory offered during the trial revolved around Noah falling into the septic tank and drowning while his mother took a nap that morning. There was no mention of the possibility that the lid fell closed behind Noah on its own, if one of the first responders put it back on, or if someone moved it before police arrived...

The Tuf Tite-brand lid is a round piece of black plastic, about two feet in diameter, according to evidence photos obtained by The Roanoke Times. It sat flush with the ground on top of an opening to the tank. The lid wasn’t attached with hinges and was designed to detach completely when removed.

http://m.roanoke.com/news/crime/pul...8f9-0b17-5363-9c9a-71f2cd7ce252.html?mode=jqm

It doesn't look like the lid could have closed behind Noah by accident after he fell in. Someone put the lid back on afterwards, imo. I guess the problem is it could have been anyone - a LE officer, or searcher, or neighbour. Even if foul play was suspected, it's possible a neighbour or passer-by pushed Noah in there then closed the lid whilst his mom was taking her nap... I wonder if mom or dad's fingerprints were found on the lid. Maybe more evidence can be released to the public now the trials are over.

THIS is the lid that allegedly fitted itself back into place magically, and in such a perfect manner that it didn't raise any flags to the first LE searching or the investigator who TOOK THE LID OFF and took a peek inside??? As in, it looked to be in place as it should've been? I'd seen pics before that my cousin had taken of the septic area of the yard, but obviously it wasn't something I was able to share, though my adamant opinion that he couldn't have closed the lid behind him tells one everything they need to know about my thoughts on that. As far as PT's sentence, it really makes me hope that there IS a God who will judge evil people for their sins in life. That's about all I can say without being extremely ugly.

Great...he'll be out and have a new kid to neglect by 2019 probably. Unbelievable.

Edit: now that I've seen he gets credit for the year he's already been in jail, I amend my estimate to 2018.

Please tell me his parental rights to the little girl have been severed?

He has lost his rights according to this article:
"Thomas will never see Noah again and he lost custody of his other child because of the investigation, Honeycutt said. Thomas’ daughter is living with relatives of the child’s mother, Ashley White, Thomas said."
http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/p...cle_0461e764-d4e0-5799-90c1-784291666ed7.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back