Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries, I got it as intended but I know what you mean, that sometimes a discussion gets skewed as it goes along.

And yes, I agree that the grandmother did much more than most in these cases - adopting and raising three kids at a time when they should be looking forward to retiring isn't a walk in the park IMO.

Sigh, I'm so sick of "baby mommas" and "baby daddies." Sometimes it feels like we're talking about feral cats instead of people. MOO.

BBM: Sigh, I'm so sick of "baby mommas" and "baby daddies." Sometimes it feels like we're talking about feral cats instead of people. MOO.
From your post above, I so agree with this bolded part. Baby Daddies act like alley cats and Baby mommas are acting like broodsows. IMO

For what it’s worth, I kicked heroin without any pressure from anyone (no CPS or courts) several years ago to be a better parent.

Exactly. And I am not advocating that "drug addicts are "good parents"". But I have seen drug addicts that don't abuse their kids. It is too easy to just agree that drug addiction is the problem, everyone nod their head.

It is easier than acknowledging that some people should not be parents, and can never be fixed or cured. It is an ingrained personality disorder.

Exactly. And I am not advocating that "drug addicts are "good parents"". But I have seen drug addicts that don't abuse their kids. It is too easy to just agree that drug addiction is the problem, everyone nod their head.

It is easier than acknowledging that some people should not be parents, and can never be fixed or cured. It is an ingrained personality disorder.
Yes, exactly. People who aren’t on drugs kill their kids too. Some people just aren’t fit. Period. We should stop giving them opportunities to kill their children.

I honestly don't get the whole keeping kids with their families at all costs.

If a person is subjected to domestic violence, we know the risks and we encourage leaving the relationship and preserving safety.

Why on earth don't we afford children suffering from abuse the same. Disgusting.

Have there been any studies on other women like this? I'm curious to know what the driving force is here, because I highly doubt it's as simple as "I forgot to take my pill or the condom broke 10 times.

Is it a profoundly high amount of optimism despite the history? Do they honestly believe that this time will be different/better despite no changes in their parenting/habits/life in general?

Is it what was mentioned earlier, monetary reasons in terms of state or federal benefits?

Is it that pregnancy is generally a nuturing attention getter? It makes them feel important/needed/valuable for 9 months?

Is it an addiction? I know I read somewhere that there are indeed women obsessed with pregnancy, but I forget the term for it. Is it simply that and some of these women just happen to fit into the "unfit parent" category vs fit parent?

Is it loneliness? Some sort of disability or inability to actually reflect on the past and come to the conclusion that it's not a good idea? Do they just feel they aren't unfit because they don't know what fit is?

Is it the drug abuse? Do certain drugs just make taking certain precautions during sex something they aren't or can't be concerned with? The drugs are more important than anything, therefore birth control measures aren't taken because their minds and attention are on something else (drugs?)

Are they well aware of the fact that their parenting skills are awful but the need or want for pregnancy remains but not the need or want to properly raise a child after pregnancy?

Is each child or pregnancy a symbol of hope for a better future for themselves? Taking that route over and over again instead of focusing on regaining custody of older children or going to rehab, or seeing a counselor psychologist/psychiatrist or bettering themselves and their parenting abilities. They want to be hopeful but are very misguided?

What is the deal here.....seriously?

Have there been any studies on other women like this? I'm curious to know what the driving force is here, because I highly doubt it's as simple as "I forgot to take my pill or the condom broke 10 times.

Is it a profoundly high amount of optimism despite the history? Do they honestly believe that this time will be different/better despite no changes in their parenting/habits/life in general?

Is it what was mentioned earlier, monetary reasons in terms of state or federal benefits?

Is it that pregnancy is generally a nuturing attention getter? It makes them feel important/needed/valuable for 9 months?

Is it an addiction? I know I read somewhere that there are indeed women obsessed with pregnancy, but I forget the term for it. Is it simply that and some of these women just happen to fit into the "unfit parent" category vs fit parent?

Is it loneliness? Some sort of disability or inability to actually reflect on the past and come to the conclusion that it's not a good idea? Do they just feel they aren't unfit because they don't know what fit is?

Is it the drug abuse? Do certain drugs just make taking certain precautions during sex something they aren't or can't be concerned with? The drugs are more important than anything, therefore birth control measures aren't taken because their minds and attention are on something else (drugs?)

Are they well aware of the fact that their parenting skills are awful but the need or want for pregnancy remains but not the need or want to properly raise a child after pregnancy?

Is each child or pregnancy a symbol of hope for a better future for themselves? Taking that route over and over again instead of focusing on regaining custody of older children or going to rehab, or seeing a counselor psychologist/psychiatrist or bettering themselves and their parenting abilities. They want to be hopeful but are very misguided?

I don't know. I have worked with many of these women, some who have had 9, 10 kids, they don't work, they go from one guy to another, many of their children end up in foster care, they are usually involved in taking drugs, and yet, they are oblivious to reality.

I guess that they like the attention of being pregnant, or they think that the baby will fill some sort of void in their lives. The baby loses appeal when it doesn't listen or act like their "fantasy baby".

It seems like their parents step up for the first few kids that they throw away. Then, the Mom has more, still seeking that perfect life. It doesn't happen, and of course, it is THE BABY'S fault! So, they abuse the baby.

[SBM]

Is it the drug abuse? Do certain drugs just make taking certain precautions Editduring sex something they aren't or can't be concerned with? The drugs are more important than anything, therefore birth control measures aren't taken because their minds and attention are on something else (drugs?)

[SBM]

I have also worked with these women, and unfortunately, it IS as simple as "I forgot to take my pill" or "the condom broke 10 times" (a condom is rarely used).

Many of them refuse to take the pill (I've heard excuses from "they give people cancer" to "I don't like the way they make me feel" to "it numbs my sex drive"). In addition, the women are usually not responsible enough to make sure they take the pill every day, or they "forget." If they are abusing drugs and addicted, it is easy to forget a lot of things.

Most days, addicts are centered on scoring the next hit or getting money to do same. Parenting, jobs, family connections, the care of children (and birth control) fall by the wayside. Most women with low self-esteem will not demand their sex partner use a condom. Most men, who are only using a women as a sex partner, are not concerned with using a condom. There is no planning. Just like with drugs, it is about instant gratification. Even if there is some sort of a short-term dysfunctional relationship, it is usually not long-lasting. Therefore, any children who are born live in a constant upheaval with no security.

Often, the male partner is an abuser of both the woman and any children she has. I have seen this time and again, just as we all have seen this in the news almost every week. How many young "step-dads" are left at home to watch a baby or toddler that is not theirs while their partner goes to work, and the child ends up dead? Usually, the "step-dad" has no parenting skills and cannot stop the baby from crying. Often, they were raised in the same kind of situation, where violence was the norm.

Drugs have the same effect as too much alcohol. It reduces inhibitions and numbs the mind. Many people cannot remember what happened when completely drugged or black-out drunk. Think of the people photographed passed out in their cars from opioid use, while their babies and toddlers cry in the backseat. When a person abuses drugs or drink in this way, birth control is the absolute last thing on their mind. Worrying about having another baby they can't take care of does not even register. And if that isn't enough, there are men who like to take meth because they say it can make them "go all night." You think they're concerned about making a baby with some woman? What's it to them if she gets pregnant?

Lest anyone think I'm hammering women about using birth control, it is also a man's responsibility. I'm sick and tired of all the baby mamas and baby daddies who are nothing but dead beats. Their children (of all races) usually grow up in poverty and repeat what their parents did. In the meantime, these children are abused in every way possible and live with whoever will have them. And don't tell me that is not the reality because I have worked with these same children for years. It is a tragedy no one wants to talk about until another dead baby is in the news.

Noah's mother did not care if she had one or 10 children. It is difficult for those of us who adore children to understand there are people who DO NOT CARE. They are narcissistic and usually have a mix of several personality and mood disorders. Kudos to the poster here who beat a heroin addiction to be a better parent! Do you know how rare that is? As someone said, you are a hero and have saved your life and those of your children.

A friend of mine works at a home for physically/sexually abused and abandoned children. Their stories are beyond horrendous and usually involve multiple siblings. They are from all races and different socioeconomic backgrounds, but the one thing they have in common is being unwanted and unloved, usually from birth. Just because a woman and a man can make a child doesn't mean that they should have a child. There are not enough foster homes or adoptions to take in all of the abused and unwanted children. And you cannot erase the psychological scars that last a lifetime.

If anyone here believes it is the right of a woman to have 10 unwanted and abused children, I invite you to come with me and see the result of that type of narcissistic thinking. Nine children will pay for it the rest of their lives; one child already did.

Last edited:
MsMalowe, Micky2942 and Cherokee: ITA with all of your comments! And IMO it's often a combination of these factors.

I have a childhood friend who came from a dysfunctional home, married three times and had 5 kids with different husbands. Contrary to what we see here she actually is a good mom and her kids have grown up to be contributing members of society. IMO the important elements in her case are that she has never done drugs (I don't even think she drinks alcohol) and is highly intelligent. And she has a kind heart.

What motivated JT to have 10 kids is unknown right now and as far as I've read in msm there hasn't been any mention of drug use. I'm sure more information will come out in the next few weeks. Apart from the 2010 arrest has anyone found a criminal history on her?

You can’t just go up and kidnap your grandchildren. It has to go through proper channels. Perhaps she would have taken in Noah and the baby once DCF and the court removed those two from J’s custody also. Or maybe she already had all she could handle. She and all those children were paying for the actions of her son and J. You can’t force someone to have a vasectomy, but I’d have sure been on his butt if he were my son.

As for their thinking it was all a “prank,” that doesn’t necessarily mean they weren’t taking it seriously. I would imagine that every possible scenario was going through their heads. I have met people who would do that type of thing
Concerned grandparents can and do contact CPS.

I just find the grandmother's public statement placing all of the blame on JT to be a tad premature considering no one has been charged with Noah's murder. I also haven't seen LE clear Noah's father of any involvement. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that his son Noah disappeared just a day or so after he arrived in town. I'd like to know if JT was trying to collect child support from the father and whether he was compliant or a deadbeat dad.

JMO

Concerned grandparents can and do contact CPS.

I just find the grandmother's public statement placing all of the blame on JT to be a tad premature considering no one has been charged with Noah's murder. I also haven't seen LE clear Noah's father of any involvement. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that his son Noah disappeared just a day or so after he arrived in town. I'd like to know if JT was trying to collect child support from the father and whether he was compliant or a deadbeat dad.

JMO
IMO you are being too hard on the Grandparent. She has had many years of observing and dealing with the messes JT creates. Her son, likely has the same types of issues or he wouldn't be on/off again with her. So no pass for him in terms of Dad of the year.

I can see why the family believed JT was playing games. Noah's Dad didn't immediately go directly to JT when arrived back in town. So knowing what a crazy B she is, they thought she was punishing bio Dad by saying Noah had disappeared. You can't see the logic in that? It's not a coincidence Noah disappeared, she killed him intentionally, perhaps out of anger that his Father didn't come see HER first. Since the Grandmother is raising the three oldest kids, she probably has some ill feelings towards her. I don't think the assumption of blaming JT is out of order at all. Her son may have been staying in her home, so she knew where he was in that timeframe.

Anyway, I have no idea is what I've surmised is true. Just putting out possibilities.

IMO you are being too hard on the Grandparent. She has had many years of observing and dealing with the messes JT creates. Her son, likely has the same types of issues or he wouldn't be on/off again with her. So no pass for him in terms of Dad of the year.

I can see why the family believed JT was playing games. Noah's Dad didn't immediately go directly to JT when arrived back in town. So knowing what a crazy B she is, they thought she was punishing bio Dad by saying Noah had disappeared. You can't see the logic in that? It's not a coincidence Noah disappeared, she killed him intentionally, perhaps out of anger that his Father didn't come see HER first. Since the Grandmother is raising the three oldest kids, she probably has some ill feelings towards her. I don't think the assumption of blaming JT is out of order at all. Her son may have been staying in her home, so she knew where he was in that timeframe.

Anyway, I have no idea is what I've surmised is true. Just putting out possibilities.

You've stated quite a lot as fact in a case where no one has been charged with murder. I don't know how many "messes" JT has created but it takes two to make a baby. Noah's father was just as responsible for Noah as the mother and he created four children with her over a fairly long period of time. I don't know if JT is "crazy" but it makes absolutely no sense that she would report her missing son to police as a "prank" because such false reports are crimes which are prosecuted.

JMO

Noah was her grandson.I was honestly extremely surprised that jj
Sr is his father.the grandma is a hero to me she s raising 3 children.one of them special needs.is taking care of her mother and her and her husband have their own health problems to deal with.meanwhile jt mothered multiple children she couldn't take care of how dare anyone put any amount of. blame on the grandma she wrote the state ment to protect the children she loves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong